Sign in to follow this  
Audrel

SSD Problems

I recently got an SSD for my system drive (just before Windows 10 release). The old mechanical drives were turned into a backup drive where I store disk images of the system and the 1TB drive is where everything else goes. But Windows 10 and my BIOS are doing crazy things to the SSD. The two old drives are unaffected.

Windows will forget the SSD is there. This causes a blue screen. The BIOS will still see the drive but it has changed in the boot priority to the last drive instead of the first. This results in Windows restarting because of BSOD and the BIOS trying to boot from a non-system drive and beginning a perpetual loop of restart, can't find an OS, restart, so on. I don't know if it is Windows 10 or my BIOS does not like SSDs or my SSD is SSTrash. It is ADATA SSD S510 120GB. All that is on it is Windows and whatever refuses to let you install it in a custom location.

Does anyone know of or know how to fix this issue? I have tried Google and all I came up with was update my BIOS. I have the latest BIOS update installed. 

If I ran the computer 24/7, it would be a big issue but since I turn it off when I am not using it, it's more of a minor annoyance. 

Firstly I would have a go at updating the SSD firmware from here:- http://www.adata.com/en/ssd/download/136

Secondly I would either change the SATA cable or at least try changing which SATA port your using just to rule out any issues with ports or cables.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tealc said:

Firstly I would have a go at updating the SSD firmware from here:- http://www.adata.com/en/ssd/download/136

Secondly I would either change the SATA cable or at least try changing which SATA port your using just to rule out any issues with ports or cables.

Updated the firmware. My firmware was 2 1/2 years old. Running it for a bit to see if it BSODs again. 

Also, changed the port. I will have to buy a new cable.

Edited by Audrel