Is this a release or beta-branch update.     I dont see any client pending patches on Steam and only run steamCMD when there is an official version update as not to take a chance of a mixed version from the copy running in production.

Thanks

Patch Notes 2015-10-23 Look at date this thing is a long long time ago patch. scroll to bottom or change your page settings to make newest post at top.

the patch notes said 6h ago.

Updates
  • Updated deed permissions. “Destroy any building” is now a permission that can be set for any role other than ‘non citizen’.
  • Only players with “Modify Building” will be able to catapult a friendly house
  • Archery penalty is no longer affected by helms.
  • Changed archery penalty for heavier armours from a flat fail % to added difficulty depending on armour.
  • Combat tab now shows offensive, karma and healing spells (+ creature targeted dispel) Meditation messages are yet to come.
  • Throw has been removed from valrei mobs, uniques will still throw.
  • Shield of the Gone has been reduced to a 30% Damage reduction. An option to transfer one time from Path of Insanity will come in a future update.
  • Information Minister territory messages have been removed.
  • Branches, Rock Iron and slate/marble shards can now be discarded from inventory.
Text Fixes
  • Fixed example cost when mailing (1c rather than 10c).
  • Corrected instances of “alot” to “a lot”.
  • Corrected capitalisation on some titles.
  • Many grammar and spelling issues corrected.
    • “After breeding you will start stop leading.” is now “After you finish breeding you will stop leading.
    • “Rumours of The Unique Name is starting to spread.” is now “Rumours of The Unique Name are starting to spread.”
  • Corrected double period text with ‘Get Info’ Skill.
Bug fixes.
  • PvP Enemies will can now properly take from any structure they gain access to.
  • Casting dirt in loaded crates is now possible again.
  • Corrected Worm Brains precondition check.
  • Only one unit weight will be used when levelling with concrete (1 3kg unit per individual raising action).
  • Changing the contents of the mailbox while sending will now abort the sending process.
  • You are no longer able to cast ‘Dirt’ on Bulk Storage Bins in your inventory.
  • Salt, flint and gems will now land in the same pile as shards.
  • Floor reinforcements can now be removed even when the tile is at maximum mining depth.
  • During some actions checks for errors should now occur before giving skill gain.
  • Allowed the ability to always lead animals on a PvP server.
  • Expelling kingdom members has been improved, with feedback given upon failures.
  • Combat Rating calculation for Player Vs Player has been corrected to 1 CR point per 5 fight skill.
  • Some reported height problems with creating bridges have been resolved.
Edited by razoreqx

Though this looks like a post of 1.0.0.6 if im not mistaken and was just added.      I could be wrong. 

and my forum settings show the latest patch posts at the end of the thread.  Not the top. 

I scrolled down the list looks like they did throw in a patch 8 hrs ago but I want get it cause I'am running 1.0.0.7 so no updates are showing for me on steam at this time. Nothing important in there that can't wait a few patches down the road to imp in any ways. When I saw your first post it had  2015-10-23  on the data so I auto saw a long ago update. But yes there was a update it appears when I scroll all the way to the bottom of the list. Looks like small useless update that could have waited a while longer.

Looks like you'll finally got the beta update live. That's what they imped in that's why you seeing it twice. This is already in my version so no updates for me at this time.

Edited by Arkonick

Yes there is a client patch it's just called " beta - " they didn't actually give it a name but it is there just select beta - and it will update the client to 1.0.0.7 as well.

As far as it being a beta branch it runs alot better than 1.0.0.6 not really found a bug yet but i'm sure there some there I've just not run into them.

Yea I avoid the beta branches because I like to test them on Dev first and they tend to change them sometimes without notice.   Also SteamCMD adds a key file that flags your version type to beta-branch so even if you use the normal command app_update you'll continue to get the beta branches until you delete that key file.    I cant remember what file it is but ago pointed it out to me.

Beta Branch:   app_update 402370 -beta beta validate

Stable release:   app_update 402370 validate

Just an FYI