Sign in to follow this  
Fargrist

No clay all day.

I required clay, having vastly underestimated how much I needed to daub the walls of my house.  From Silver Glass the run to the clay beach is down to Glass Hollow then turn left and go straight on until the ocean.

Being a pleasant enough day, apart from a few sun showers, I thought it was time to hitch up the wagon and make for the coast.  The beasts of burden put up their usual grumbles but a bit of grooming and some choice grasses settled their complaints.

Normally the road is fraught with peril.  Beasts such as trolls, or wild animals such as mountain lions and wolves live all along the way.  Today however was the exception, nothing but clear skies and roads and some smiling villagers as we drove the way.

The final approach to the beach is quite steep, but I've not yet lost a cart over the side of the road.  Not yet.

Finally we drove off the cobblestones onto the beach sand, not really a beach you would holiday at, but for clay miners it's heaven.

Happily I jumped off and grabbed my shovel.

The hellhound attacked, and with a few bites killed one of the bulls pulling my cart.

Battlecries and blood ensued, all the blood mine, finally I bravely fled, my cart horse gamely pulling for all her strength we slowly inched away from the hellhound snapping at our heels.  I was hoarse from yelling for assistance, and finally a guard put down his doughnut and fought the hellhound.  Unluckily he died.  Luckily he let me and my cart horse get far enough away to breathe a sigh of relief.

It was then I noticed I couldn't see because of the blood streaming down my face.  

I had also forgotten medical supplies.

I decided to wait and hope my health returned with rest.  I was mistaken to do that.

My health kept declining.

I decided on chancing the long run home.  Painfully climbing on my cart I gave the command to go home and inching slowly along my cart horse headed for home.  Each cobblestone jolted, and my health kept worsening.  I lay in the cart and watched the sky and hoped not to die.

With great luck my horse found its way home and I staggered into my house and hurled open the chest looking for bandages.  I found some cotton and energetically squashed it onto my wounds hoping something good would happen, over twenty times I tried, and my vision was fading fast.

I was prepared to breath my last, when one of the bandages cleared my head wound slightly.  Inspired I remembered some farmer's ointment I'd made, and emptied a bottle over myself.  It did nothing.

And then I felt the pain again, and my health took another large hit, my vision clouded red.

I thought I was dead.

At that moment I saw a passing cleric of Fo, I rushed outside and he agreed to aid me, but we had to be beyond the town limits, I did not think I would last that journey so little health remained to me, every second meant another blow to my health.

We made it.

The priest of Fo said the words and said them again, and again and a little bit more, and I was finally healed.

I was quite happy to be alive and profusely thanked this random stranger.

We parted ways, and I skipped inside to put my cotton back in the chest.

On opening the chest, I noticed the huge mound of clay I had forgotten about.

• Like 3