Sign in to follow this  
Fizziepop

Rifts need totems.

Due to the nature of an online game being online, people like to prepare and plan for events as big and new as these. It's not realistic to expect people to go to the site as soon as they see the rift, and wait it out without sleeping until it opens just so they don't miss out.

So I have 2 ideas, listed in order of preference.

One would be to place a timer in the /rift box whenever a new rift opens. This would allow all interested parties to set their schedules and plan accordingly.

Idea #2, at the very least, (or maybe as well as!) place a totem where it hit the ground that people could examine to find out how long until the rift opens.

"Time until invasion: --hours and --minutes."

Sure, people 'can' work it out, if they know when the rift opened, but these people are not always online to answer questions, nor should they have to. Give people a way to find out for themselves.

• Like 2

no need,

www.niarja.com lists all rifts, just add 2 days to the time.

it's pretty accurate to within a minute or two.

Also checking the twitter feed for your server and adding 2 days to the announcement worked for this one for me.

somewhat the same idea.  I'm more in favor of a random start time, but the general public prefers the full warning and days of prep time.  If we do get beacons, let them come with a convenience timer:

+1

This information should be in game, not only on third-party websites, no matter how good they are.

• Like 1