Sign in to follow this  
JackBinimbul

Breeding while leading both animals

As it says on the tin.  Some animals are really difficult to breed since they never stay still.  I end up having to build breeding stalls just to keep them from wandering off during breeding.  We should be able to rope both animals and breed them that way.

• Like 1

Maybe somekind of chain item which if you put on tham thay stays in one place like a lock.
+1

I am not sure the details, and have not tested it myself, but some people are saying there is some adjustments you can make so that animals breed themselves.

On 6/8/2016 at 4:59 PM, Xyp said:

animals breed themselves.

oh yeesh I definitely don't want rampant, unchecked breeding.  As realistic as that may be, I'd have to segregate by sex better and things would get complicated.  That would be really interesting for the implications of wild creatures tho so it might be worth the effort.

I do believe ago has been keeping my hitching post running with his mods he updates. If so my hitching post had many benefits. 

1. You could hitch up to 3 animals to it. These animals work with wagon code so shouldn't get diseased, plus they don't move when breeding shearing milking / grooming.

2. if you want to move a bunch of animals to off far places just hitch animals to the post then pick up the post the code keeps the info of what was hitched to it. take it far away 5000 tiles away if you like plant it back on ground you see a empty post but if you examine it you will see it has unhitch animals if you unhitch the animals they will update there position to where the post now is all you have to do is lead them hitch them back once they pop up from the unhitching..

9 hours ago, ago said:

Is that a bug report? ;)

The hitching post  moving animals? Not really What I was going to do but haven't gotten around to it was create a animal shipping crate and have the animals hitched inside it then it be load/unloadable so they can be moved across the maps but just haven't had the time to build the model or put it in my server yet. Been dealing with some serious BSOD but think I got it tracked down today after looking in the dump file in VS. But it 100% doable using the same system just have to have the shipping crate update upon loading and unloading from wagons/ships, so they don't appear in 1 location till the unhitching. I could stop the hitching post from being able to do this by simply having it not pickupable while there are animals hitched to it. Just to busy studying at the moment to really mess with it.