Sign in to follow this  
DevBlog

Patch Notes 07/JUN/16

• Later waves of Rifts should now scale to the number of people in the Rift zone.
  • Traders have been disabled for underground dwelling, merchants will stay in their underground abodes.

• Text fix – Corrected message seen by watchers when burying a corpse.
  • Bug fix – Corrected an issue allowing corpses to be looted on PvE servers.
  • Bug fix – Fixed the bug where traders and merchants who were placed underground popped to the surface.
  • Bug fix – Locks removed from locked gates after today’s update can now be attached correctly to other gates.
  • Like 3

Sounds like more fun for rifts! :)  Updates and fixes always welcome thank you wurm.

52 minutes ago, DevBlog said:
  • Later waves of Rifts should now scale to the number of people in the Rift zone.

So it wasn't tested? And it scale to the number of people inside Rift zone or around as well? If people wait for the second wave of Rift outside of this 50x50 area so they won't be counted?

BTW - great idea to change Rift code just 2 hours before it starts!

2 hours ago, archer said:

So it wasn't tested? And it scale to the number of people inside Rift zone or around as well? If people wait for the second wave of Rift outside of this 50x50 area so they won't be counted?

BTW - great idea to change Rift code just 2 hours before it starts!

at least you're getting updates, here i am waiting for them to nerf MR
th?id=OIP.Mca58cf32d50835f84c3a043dcf69d

Pristine rift:  Tons of people there.  Rift wave 1 went fast.  Rift wave two was AWESOME!  People were getting slaughtered.  Totally took us by surprise and that is a good thing.  Felt a lot like the test server :)  Eventually we recovered and regrouped for more organized edge battles. 

There were several times I was unable to target, but easy enough to just move to a less crowded critter.

With the increase in rift creatures, it really starts removing the tag tag tag mode of play.  People needed to focus on killing this go around.  You can still tag for top of charts, but with two main alts, I was easily in the "phenominal" rank by focusing on each kill.

Great update!

(now we just need to tweak for some healer love I think)

Deliverance Rift, the mob scaling worked out well. Much more of a battle!

Now loot distribution needs to be looked at a bit.

Edited by Darmalus

I've done 4 rifts now, 3 on chaos and one on exo.  the one on exo today seemed to have WAAAAAAAY more mobs compared to people.

After going to my first rift I am guessing that this is another type of event where the randomness of the loot drops encourages you to bring multiple characters.  I assumed incorrectly that if I just focused on doing as much as I could with my main character that my participation would increase my chances for the item drops (ring, necklace, shoulder, or something).  <_<

The rift just now was a big improvement in mob spawning, wave 2 and 3 on inde were more of a challenge this time.

31 minutes ago, Darmalus said:

Now loot distribution needs to be looked at a bit.

Needs to be a better way - wasn't there something about items appearing in inventory - but seems to be based on having the fastest reactions and grabbing a corpse with something in it.

57 minutes ago, Wulfmaer said:

Needs to be a better way - wasn't there something about items appearing in inventory - but seems to be based on having the fastest reactions and grabbing a corpse with something in it.

no loot is ever on a corpse.  It auto appears in your inventory, based on the RNG and your level of participation.

There is nothing in corpses as far as I know? In the second rift a shoulder piece appeared in my inventory, cant remember that I was picking up corpses then.

I wouldnt mind if "blueprints" or something dropped for everybody, blueprints to make basic leather/chain/plate shoulder pieces. So everybody would need to attend at least 3 rifts to be able to make basic shoulder pieces, for the more exotic ones with the special buffs, the RNG can remain.

scaling  works  great,   i   attacked  a  crap ton of mobs  and  got  3   shoulders  and at t the  end  got a  lump.   feels  like   loots based on   over  all damage  and  participation

So I lost my credit card the other day.  Fortunately the bank people were nice and got me a new one in like three days.

*Throws a coconut at CodeClub*

I bid $15 on the Rifts DLC for WU.

Sign in to follow this