Sign in to follow this  
Greyfox

Cape idea

Nationality capes, sold in the Wurm shop.   Have a variety of flag capes to pick from. This may sound "gimmicky" but I've seen it in at least 1 other mmo.   Cash shop cash grab for the devs and allows people to show off their national pride.

1975765_ad.jpg   EDIT:  Something like this

Edited by Greyfox
  • Like 3

Sounds like a decent idea, but it may be difficult including all 196 country flags into the game.

Given the diverse amount of players in wurm. 

Edited by Margus

6 minutes ago, Margus said:

Sounds like a decent idea, but it may be difficult including all 196 country flags into the game.

Given the diverse amount of players in wurm. 

Ya it would take some work, but not to much.   Basically take a picture of a flag, mould it around a cloak model, fix some visual bugs and done.

Sounds fun. 

+1 if all country flags are included.

Yeah, I don't really see this being implemented.

It's kind of tacky, and incorporates real-world political/organizational symbols, and that doesn't really fit the theme or design aesthetic of Wurm Online.

• Like 2

Well superhero-style capes anyways. Something that actually provides cover from the elements.

Now a poncho is perfectly functional.

+1, would be great to see capes for kingdom designs added into the game also.

Actually, that might bring the real-world politics and rivalries into the Wurm world, and I'd rather avoid that.

Not to mention the technical difficulty of making a cape look realistic (since cape does not always move with the body)

On 6/8/2016 at 6:46 AM, shakys said:

+1, would be great to see capes for kingdom designs added into the game also.

Don't we have Tabards for that? Basically a cape both in front and back.

13 minutes ago, Jarisleif said:

Actually, that might bring the real-world politics and rivalries into the Wurm world, and I'd rather avoid that.

Not to mention the technical difficulty of making a cape look realistic (since cape does not always move with the body)

We have a Kingdom Tabard, but nothing for a cape atm.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Jarisleif said:

Chat does a good enough job of bringing in real world politics and all the associated butt hurt anyway.  There is no point in trying tip toe around life just incase you accidently offend someone.    I in all honestly do not find any of the worlds flags offensive and I honestly don't care if someone finds my flag offensive.   If a person is that easily offended then the internet is not a good place for them. 

As for looking realistic, the animations for them can be improved over time.  I mean really, we used to surf of our boats(and animals) a few unrealistic animations are fine for awile.

emphasizing nationality or beliefs have always led to riots and wars :/

we, Wurmuans, need something to join as together not something to split us even more

• Like 2

-1 from me as well, kingdom capes are much better than nationality capes, as this is wurm not real world. i'm kinda tired to see how people are excited for showing how much they are proud of their countries.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Pakawala said:

-1 from me as well, kingdom capes are much better than nationality capes, as this is wurm not real world. i'm kinda tired to see how people are excited for showing how much they are proud of their countries.

Do you see people paying cash in the Wurm shop for kingdom capes?  I don't. 
Nationality capes on the other hand are something that can be milked by the devs for some extra cash flow from people who feel the need to display their national pride.
More cash flow for the devs=more money that can be spent of development and advertisement=more good stuff for the rest of us.
As for RL flags not "Fitting in" with Wurm. I'm fair sure that you are just like me and don't have all the worlds flags memorized.  Some pretty nice flags out there that fit right in.

-1 from me as well..

Why not footbal team flags, or disney charachters.. (spongebob reserved please)..

It's a fantasy world.. not earth :)

But big +1 for wurm specific capes..

Edited by faty
  • Like 1

If you wanted capes. Make them with chaos and freedom kingdom templates. I would love to wear a Hots tabart or cape.that should solve all politics

No "national pride" capes please. It's just a snowball effect waiting to happen that will engender a lot of politics and drama. You want to be proud of your country? Fine, feel proud. Don't flaunt it.

-1. Dont know why this was bumped after 4 years but yea