Sign in to follow this  
Tallios

Am I ungrateful?

Heh, Retro, don't try to pull the "misunderstanding" card..

Copy-paste of the mail that was sent out:

"Wurm Turns Ten!

Wurm was officially released on the 6th of June, 2006, that means this June, Wurm has been around for 10 years! We have events, activities and prizes galore to give away, with a special anniversary gift box for every premium player!

The boxes will contain a random item, including possibly some of these!

Supreme bone

Transmutation rod

Staff of the land

Pale mask

Plumed helm of the hunt

Cavalier helm

Welcome Back Packs!

Looking to get back into the game, but don't know where to start? With our welcome back packs get yourself set up in the best of fashions! The welcome back pack contains:

An anniversary gift box.

An anniversary Toolbox containing a random tin tool.

5 silver.

A special returners mask!

To receive one of these, simply buy premium via the shop after the update on the 24th of May on an account that has been premium before, with over 14 days play time but is not premium currently. On the 6th of June, simply login to receive your gift pack!

That's not all though! There's plenty of content coming each week to Wurm, so if you haven't played in a while, jump on and check it out!"

------

I really appreciate, that you guys are trying to fix the fiasco. But don't tell, that you had it all planned like this. You got a valuable lesson.. keep the guy, who came up with the idea of sleep powders/lumps, out of the decision process in the future.

Just a friendly advice, you're on a way to create another PR fiasco.

Edited by rixk
  • Like 2

19 minutes ago, madnezz said:

Unlimited sleep bonus for the anniversary week is a great idea.  See devs, this is not hard to do.

hahahahaha, such a broken suggestion. Do you seriously think this is a good idea?

Just now, SeeD said:

hahahahaha, such a broken suggestion. Do you seriously think this is a good idea?

1 week of double skillgain for a big celebration, in the hopes of bringing players back? It's hardly the worst idea ever seen. One time i saw a PR manager send out an email teasing really cool items and gifts for a big anniversary celebration and instead everyone got sleep powders and lumps of metal, HILARIOUS!

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, SeeD said:

Not really a new concept in mmo games to offer some sort of double skillgain weekends more than once a year. It serves as a nice way for new players to close the gap between them and the older players. 

Edited by lolmaster

9 minutes ago, SeeD said:

Since this suggestion amuses you so much, do tell why you think its not up to par?  There is no unfairness because everyone has access to it regardless of timezone or playtime.  Players that haven't played in a while can get addicted again.  Where is the downside pray tell?

Edited by madnezz

56 minutes ago, madnezz said:

Let's try this another way since reading comprehension is not a strong suit here.

If I pay money to buy premium for an account that is not currently premium AFTER the gift that we have a 100% chance of getting has been revealed   1) will my freshly premium-ed account be eligible for the gift    -or-    2) will the window of opportunity have closed once the gift is made available?

55 minutes ago, Retrograde said:

As I said. yes

Ummm.  Not to be nit-picky here...(ok, fine, I'm nit-picking a bit. :) )  But I see two questions there.  Which question are you answering yes to? 

This is the kind of thing that people are complaining about.  Nothing personal against you, Retro.  I know you're trying to do your job the best you can.  But anyone with an official cc tag, and representing the company, needs to be especially careful and as clear as possible when communicating with the player base.  When someone asks "Is it raining out today or is the sun shining?"  and the answer is "yes,"  how should that be interpreted?

Edited by Amadee

This confusion is my fault, in an earlier post I asked them to add more fun and giving us clear, straight facts with start dates and end dates is far less fun than trolling and misleading.

Edited by madnezz

lol. Yeah but I'd still like to know the answer to the question.  Which one is the yes?   ;) 

A whole week of permanent SB / 99 nut would have been a decent way to celebrate it indeed, not broken since everyone have access to it, would probably gain back some players wishing for a faster pace for a few... and would give the same thing to everyone. Add your random events and gifted prices as well and everybody will be happy.

Glad to know something else is on the fire... slowly cooking, i just hope it won't be over burnt.

maybe a weekend of sb would be cool, but a week?

People play afterwork during the week too and what about those who work on the weekends?  

I personally have too many accounts to use all of my sleep bonus as it is so I would not benefit from something like this as much as others would.  So no, I am not being selfish as your post incorrectly implies.  Hell I still have a main account with over 8 hours from when they gave us the extra 5 hours.

Edited by madnezz

Im sure this was not a competition of who has been prem longest to deserve some thing, we got awards for that with the prem-award system. but I must say I was a little confused when my gift was a sleep powder :) I had read the teaser differently.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Retrograde said:

Nope, just a slight delay, I said in several places it wasnt the anniversary gift, or the only one. Plan is for the surprise this weekend!

My prem runs out tomorrow.  I was told I would get THE gift on the 6th. Am I going to not receive the actual gift because of a delay? With the gift box being overhyped, and apparently as usual deadlines not met, and me not playing much I don't know if I want to renew my prem without knowing if it's even worth it (hint; a sleeping powder is not)

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Alyeska said:

My prem runs out tomorrow.  I was told I would get THE gift on the 6th. Am I going to not receive the actual gift because of a delay? With the gift box being overhyped, and apparently as usual deadlines not met, and me not playing much I don't know if I want to renew my prem without knowing if it's even worth it (hint; a sleeping powder is not)

I got a 95.90ql .40kg addy lump. I cannot say I'm not disappointed. I was hoping for something of sentimental value, like a helm of sorts that I could wear to show that I was around for Wurm's 10th anniversary. Something that I could wear with pride when the future generations of Wurm players come into the game. 

A lot of people in this thread have sound arguments but I think what people are most angry about is that they were lied to. They were told that they were going to get a gift of value either sentimental value or coin value (if you decide to sell it). But what they got is a sleep powder. Its like the yellow potions we get every month for being premium. Its a slap in the face. 

All we can do is hold out hope that the weekend will be like @Retrograde and that we will get the valuable items that we were told about. I just hope that Rolf and the devs learn that with Wurmians, they need a straight up answer. Come out with it, don't beat around the bush and play with your words saying that "the boxes may include some of the below listed items."

• Like 1

I also hate free things and think gifts should be removed from the game. Please send all unwanted gifts to Namekat in game so I can begin to remove them for the greater good.

• Like 6

11 hours ago, Namekat said:

I also hate free things and think gifts should be removed from the game. Please send all unwanted gifts to Namekat in game so I can begin to remove them for the greater good.

What it comes down to is loyal customers (who keep their premium consecutively up) get ###### on.

Returning players that probably won't play again after this anniversary get treated like a loyal customer should.

• Like 1

Things like pauldrons shouldn't be gifts/rift only items. That's a normal part of the armor, should be crafted. It's not a rocket science.

On 6/6/2016 at 1:04 AM, Nadroj said:

How did you take this picture?  Another account?  I thought Wurm was single view mode only.

As to the gifts I tend to think of the issue as a wonderful insight into the nature of reality and the material.

On 6/6/2016 at 1:04 AM, Nadroj said:

Here's the mask guys

N0kuyKP.jpg?1

2 hours ago, Wilczan said:

Things like pauldrons shouldn't be gifts/rift only items. That's a normal part of the armor, should be crafted. It's not a rocket science.

It has already been said, elsewhere, that they will be craftable

I'm sorry, but making RNG presents where 0.1% get a really awesome item and 99,9% get rubbish is such a stupid idea. Because of course you'll end up with 99,9% of the people feeling shafted. Did nobody at Code Club ever hear about psychology?

So while i do appreciate the sentiment (And the free sleeping powder...sort of), this was overall not a very smart move from the devs.

• Like 2

On 6/7/2016 at 9:45 AM, Retrograde said:

the box was not the gift, it was a simple random item loot box, as stated.

the 10th anniversary gift is yet to come, some work got held up and once that's done we'll be releasing it

I seen something about a knapsack i think it was in the art update today is that one of the gifts? (or is that just the name for the backpack in the game files) 

Edited by Kegan

33 minutes ago, Kegan said:

I seen something about a knapsack i think it was in the art update today is that one of the gifts? (or is that just the name for the backpack in the game files) 

lol Patch notes today say they are gifts. Not sure if they are actual items but they are question mark bags that be be worn as backpacks which I think is hilarious for us old Wurmians. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Zachariah said:

lol Patch notes today say they are gifts. Not sure if they are actual items but they are question mark bags that be be worn as backpacks which I think is hilarious for us old Wurmians. 

Oh the question mark bags. I've completely forgotten those! :D

• Like 1

Next on the I'm an ungrateful jerk list : Knapsacks QL and rarity being wonky with nothing that can be done for them.

As much as I like them (because, well, they are a safekeeping memento), having all your pals with less premium time and playtime than you get the fantastic ones and nothing that can be done to fix it is ... sad.

And no, I'm not the only one in that case, others got hit by that weirdness. Shame on you fantastic knapsacks sellers, some of us who rightfully deserved them didn't had them. Enjoy what you have instead of selling it away!

TL;DR. The code got some of us again and Odynn is a mean jealous ungrateful guy.

• Like 5