Sign in to follow this  
Tallios

Am I ungrateful?

I got a sleep powder...

[12:41:20] You have been premium consecutively for 30 months since Dec 2013.

I guess being a loyal customer doesn't mean anything...

• Like 5

It was a loot box. Have you not played other MMOs? Have you never gotten a loot box? Have you never seen the prize list for them? Have you never then opened it to get something of little to no value? Open 200 of them. You might get something of little or no value in all 200. That's how loot boxes work. On my always premium main, I got a sleep powder. I find it actually more useful than 0.40kg of addy even though the addy makes a nice bauble. 

You are only disappointed because you didn't turn your 8 Euro into 30 Euro. 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Audrel said:

It was a loot box. Have you not played other MMOs? Have you never gotten a loot box? Have you never seen the prize list for them? Have you never then opened it to get something of little to no value? Open 200 of them. You might get something of little or no value in all 200. That's how loot boxes work. On my always premium main, I got a sleep powder. I find it actually more useful than 0.40kg of addy even though the addy makes a nice bauble. 

Jesus Christ would you stop -.- The fact something is somewhere doesn't mean it hast to be that way in Wurm -.- And yes many people would have earned much money from this if it turned otherway, but for me it was about having something special that i will keep, memory on great milestone, a filling that i was part of it, and posibly at same time somethig useful or atleast cosmeticly awesome. not spendable crap like sp and addy that i can buy anytime.

Edited by kochinac
  • Like 4

I'm willing to take the SP off everyone's hands that doesn't want it, cause they are super bummed they didn't get something super awesome.  I like SP.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Wurmhole said:

I'm willing to take the SP off everyone's hands that doesn't want it, cause they are super bummed they didn't get something super awesome.  I like SP.

Sure 1.5s per one, pick up at NW Deliverance :P 

8 minutes ago, kochinac said:

Jesus Christ would you stop -.- The fact something is somewhere doesn't mean it hast to be that way in Wurm -.- And yes many people would have earned much money from this if it turned otherway, but for me it was about having something special that i will keep, memory on great milestone, a filling that i was part of it, and posibly at same time somethig useful or atleast cosmeticly awesome. not spendable crap like sp and addy that i can buy anytime.

I guess you missed the part where I got a sleep powder. :lol:

3 minutes ago, Audrel said:

I guess you missed the part where I got a sleep powder. :lol:

No i didn't miss it. Considering your post that's not something for bragging ;)  If you are happy with sleep powder your thing, doesn't mean i have to be happy.

Edited by kochinac

And trade chats shows how amazing gifts are, everyone is trying to get rid of them :P

• Like 2

I'd have been happier with a 50QL ring named "10years of Wurm" a fancy description and Rolf signature on it. As kochinac said, it's a huge mark for wurm... having something so common is just ... meh... disappointing to say the least.

And as for loot boxes... we all know how crappy the RNG on wurm can be... using such system to commemorate an event of that size is just silly.

• Like 13

Just now, kochinac said:

Sure 1.5s per one, pick up at NW Deliverance :P 

not gonna pay you for something you didn't even want to start with.  You should pay me to come collect it :)

Seriously though, Retro already said there is more to come.  This was just the little RNG gift box to start things off.  the 10yr celebration is just kicking off is seems. 

Imagine if you set up an elaborate suprise birthday gift for your best friend.  The first package is just a clue to what comes next.  They eagerly open the package and find a note with a clue.  They look you in the face and say "a note? What a stupid gift" then crumple it and throw it away.  You would probably feel like crap, for bothering to spend the effort to do all the rest that you had planned for them. 

I just hope that Rolf and gang are just shrugging this poor behavior off.  I'm sure they must be, because the community seems to attack for just about anything they try to do, to bring us more great times and adventures.

There is constructive critisizm and then there is just being rude.  Let this play out and see what else they have in store.  If nothing else, then we all at least received a free hour of SB, which is more than anyone needed to do for anyone here.

• Like 5

32 minutes ago, Audrel said:

My cousin let me read an email from blizzard like two month's ago. They were trying to buy him back. He played WoW For about 5 years and quit awhile back(Bought a house, has a girlfriend now etc). In the email they offered:

• Warlords Of Draenor Free
  • A free LvL 60 Character of his choosing (On the server of his choice.)
  • Free 60 day membership and 2 week trial for a new account

And you know what Rolf gave you? A sleep powder worth 1 euro. Congratulations!!! **Claps Rapidly**

(And you know how much it costs Blizzard to give that away? NEXT TO NOTHING)

Lootbox my but, Buy back players properly or don't try at all

Edited by akaedis
  • Like 3

I feel like the "we never said this is all you're getting" line is a rather poor excuse. You also didn't say "the first gift will make you all really dissapointed and then we'll bait and switch you by revealing its not all that you're getting! You'll look like ######s for complaining oh how we'll laugh"

• Like 6

Rolf should have just given everyone a banner with a fancy 10 on it.

• Like 3

35 minutes ago, Audrel said:

Problem is that RNGboxes are a way for F2P games to make money, while Wurm still uses the premium model. Even something cosmetic(like returning players got) or decorative (like the yule goat) would've been cool.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Wurmhole said:

Imagine if you set up an elaborate suprise birthday gift for your best friend.  The first package is just a clue to what comes next.  They eagerly open the package and find a note with a clue.  They look you in the face and say "a note? What a stupid gift" then crumple it and throw it away.  You would probably feel like crap, for bothering to spend the effort to do all the rest that you had planned for them. 

Well, If you take the time to read the note and follow the clues, you might be happy and the chase is the reward in itself.

Right now we had a clue : here that we will have shiny stuff in the box :

We have events, activities and prizes galore to give away, with a special anniversary gift box for every premium player!

The boxes will contain a random item, including possibly some of these!

• Supreme bone
  • Transmutation rod
  • Staff of the land
  • Pale mask
  • Plumed helm of the hunt
  • Cavalier helm

So, in our case... we might have been happier knowing we would have 80% of a sleep powder, 19% of a moon metal lump and less than 1% of something shiny and worth it.

(Tbh, I was expecting something special and unique, something to keep as a memento, the mask, staff of the land, plumed helm or whatever limited goodies would be fitting... making it into a /trade feast is nowhere close to what I was hoping for).

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Audrel said:

And i would be much happier with it, i like custom and unique banners expecially if they are pretty :) would trade my addy lump and sleep powder for it any time :P

• Like 4

1 minute ago, kochinac said:

And i would be much happier with it, i like custom and unique banners expecially if they are pretty :) would trade my addy lump and sleep powder for it any time :P

I would have too but it is what it is. The celebration is not over. Retrograde hinted there is more to come.

Thanks again for the disappointment.

[13:28:49] There is a star sapphire inside with your name on it!

Although I have repremmed my priest alt for the mask I feel as though I won't reprem him again for awhile.

9 minutes ago, Nadroj said:

I feel like the "we never said this is all you're getting" line is a rather poor excuse. You also didn't say "the first gift will make you all really dissapointed and then we'll bait and switch you by revealing its not all that you're getting! You'll look like ######s for complaining oh how we'll laugh"

I actually wouldn't be surprised if they did something like this just to pick out all the ungrateful players they have in Wurm.

Yes, I'm fairly ungrateful for expecting more. I'm not sure what to do with this 85ql star sapphire since I already have a staff so maybe I'll just see what I can sell it for. I never actually read the page telling me what the box contains, but I assumed it was something around the value of what you get or more as a returning player (Mask, tin tool, gift box(, sleep powder, 5s) that right there is about 25s worth of stuff right? My star gem(3-4s) isn't even worth close to that.

So I got more by repremming a character that I haven't used in months, which is actually a good deal for almost $20,

but I get a Star sapphire for being premium for 2.75 years.

37 minutes ago, KyleBooze said:

Problem is that RNGboxes are a way for F2P games to make money, while Wurm still uses the premium model. Even something cosmetic(like returning players got) or decorative (like the yule goat) would've been cool.

Thats what this Wurm's 10th anniversary event also turned out to be.. just a money grab.

In my opinion 10th anniversary is big, this is the time to look back.. reward loyalty, pat the players on the back, say some nice words (that part Rolf did). At 10 years event the returning players aren't the stars.. There are people, who have been around since the beginning, THEY should've been in the spotlight. Those long-time players have been the one, who took the company to this moment, without them Code Club and Wurm wouldn't exist at this moment. Sadly this event was just aimed to make money for code club.

Anyway, let's forget this for now.. Retrograde told, that there is more to come. Was it planned, or was it quickly added after the complaints, that will only the staff know.. but let's see, with what else they can surprise us, the players :) 

Edited by rixk
  • Like 4

To add my two cents, I got a 93.68ql Glimmer Steel lump, 0.40kg. I don't understand the idea of giving out these gifts on Wurm's birthday having listed items like supreme bones or cool masks which none/very few people received then do a delayed reveal of other things having annoyed every single player even if just slightly.

[21:54:47] You entered through the portal to Wurm on day of the Ant, week 4 of the starfall of Diamonds, 988. That's 2974 days and 24 minutes ago.

[21:54:47] You have been premium consecutively for 30 months since Dec 2013.

[21:54:47] You have been premium a total of 73 months until Dec 2013.

• Like 1

My new helm it is so pretty, me like!

30266e25a5ff4ef1a4703260715a31b1.png

and thanks rolf :)

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Audrel said:

I would actually have preferred that over 1 SB and 2 lumps of seryll on 3 accounts. that would at least have been unique in a way...not as generic as SP

• Like 2

I think using RNG for the prize system is bad.

I also think that my alt that hasn't been prem for a year with only 15 days of in-game time shouldn't get a better present than my main, or another account with over 8 full years of non-stop premium.

But thanks anyway, I guess! :)

• Like 4

considering that it was celebrating a "10th Anniversary" gift I expected better than 3 sleep powders and an adamantium lump, which was only .40 kg and useless to me except for maybe to sell for a couple of silver. Thought my loyalty of 8-10 years was worth more.

Very disappointed....<_<

• Like 1