Sign in to follow this  
Tallios

Am I ungrateful?

I received a anniversary box and I got a lump of Glimmer steel.  Is this supposed to be a good thing?  I've never set foot on a PvP server so this is like wood scraps in my experience.  Am I ungrateful?

Anyone with experience could you help me understand if this is good or not?

I feel sorry for players like you, solo players or even small group players who play on pve, like getting a seryll or glimmer or addy lump literally provides you folks nothing.

Like if you think about it your anniversary gift gives you literally nothing unless you sell it. So the wurm team is literally saying " here is a gift that you can't do anything with except for turn into silver/euro"

• Like 5

Freebies are always good in my view, can always sell it if you don't like it at least and get a few silver that way.

• Like 4

in the WU code Glimmer steel weapons get a 10% swing speed bonus (capped at no faster than 3s/swing). No idea if that is how it work in WO. Although, it will likely be troublesome to collect enough glimmer to make a high ql weapon and have enough around to maintain it.

A huge axe, Glimmer steel, 90's woa, in aggressive would be very good.

Edited by joedobo
  • Like 1

I think the problem with the gifts is all in the hype. I personally feel like the announcement of "may include..." got everyone all excited. I know I had already planned how to use my bone ;) High expectations can equal high disappointment. In business we say, "under promise and over deliver".

How different would have this of been if we had been told, "may include some sleep powder or moon metals and a few lucky people may get an extra special unique reward"?

Wurm has a way of making you always expect great things when you rarely get them. Take the MOI for example, you make thousands of items and rarely get a rare. Yet, when you specifically grind rares you feel sure that you are going to make dozens of rares and supremes and are even disappointed when you don't.

All a matter of perspective I guess :)

The only major complaint I have is that it would have been nice to actually get enough metal to create something besides a spoon or needle. ;)

• Like 6

"How to be out of touch with your playerbase and annoy them with something that was meant to be nice - Codeclub AB bestseller"

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, joedobo said:

in the WU code Glimmer steel weapons get a 10% swing speed bonus (capped at no faster than 3s/swing). No idea if that is how it work in WO.

From what I've seen, that seems to be true for Wurm Online too.

well can use the moon metal to make rings/pendallum's/necklace but pretty much useless unless you can buy up enough to make a weapon, once made though you need the lumps to imp it up as you wear it down

a gift is a gift.  If your mom buys you something at Christmas and it isn't what you really needed, do you hand it back to her and say "no thanks mom, try harder"??

Rolf is mom to thousands of wurmians.  How is he supposed to pick just the right gift for each player?  What if you got a tin shovel, but already had one from one of the treasure hunts?  Why if he just gave everyone silver?  Well, that would be boring as heck.

Someone makes an effort to brighten your day, you damn well show appreciation, or say nothing at all.

• Like 12

"Sleep powder"

"Sleep powder"

"Ropemaking potion" on the toon i premmed after the 24of may... others rewards ?!

"Glimmersteel lump" WTS hit me up, no use for it

"Ada lump" ditto above.

Yah, we have been shafted again by the awesome rewards promised and the expectation we had for them.

• Like 6

"Sleep powder"

"Sleep powder"

"Sleep powder, Tin Saw and Returners mask"

"Sleep powder"

Thanks wurm.

Here's the mask guys

N0kuyKP.jpg?1

• Like 4

@joedobo

It's aight.

KmgDOjb.png

[11:30:22] A huge axe with a heavy head and a wooden shaft. You'll need to wield it with both hands. You need to temper the huge axe by dipping it in water while it's hot.
[11:30:22] You can barely make out the signature of its maker,  '.ob.us'.
[11:30:22] It is enchanted with Human's demise, and  has an aggressive aura towards humanoids.
[11:30:22] Nimbleness has been cast on it, so it increase the chance to hit. [96]
[11:30:22] Frostbrand has been cast on it, so it will cause frost wounds. [91]

2 minutes ago, Nadroj said:

"Sleep powder"

"Sleep powder"

"Sleep powder, Tin Saw and Returners mask"

"Sleep powder"

Thanks wurm.

Here's the mask guys

N0kuyKP.jpg?1

We are the BORG

Resistance is FUTILE!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, JakeRivers said:

We are the BORG

Resistance is FUTILE!

Dev team- Please, for the love of God, give this man a model for his chestpiece. 

8 minutes ago, Wurmhole said:

a gift is a gift.  If your mom buys you something at Christmas and it isn't what you really needed, do you hand it back to her and say "no thanks mom, try harder"??

If mom's tell me i will have the latest video game (or whatever) and give me an orange... yah, i will prolly say that... or work and get the cash to buy something decent.

In wurm case, we were told we would have unique rewards, things we cannot work to create, and now we end up with basic ones we already have.

So yeah, not only most of us pay for years (and do not have the returning players rewards), but we also feel cheated by how cheap and/or useless the rewards are.

• Like 2

It's Rolf's eye from his profile picture! :-)

• Like 1

thanks all, i think the largest issue for me personally is that because I have no working experience of the moon metals, and they do not naturally occur in PVE.  they are just shiny pebbles.... expensive but pebbles none the less.

2 hours ago, Wurmhole said:

That is true, but my mom doesn't first write me an email saying OH MY GOD!!! Since you paid my "knitting magazine" subscription for so many years, come to my house I got the most awesome presents. You get one box, and it could be this super awesome brand new graphics card,  and one of the boxes has this amazing new keyboard/mouse/headset in it, and even one has a totally brand new laptop!!!

You get in your car, drive to your moms house, super excited! Your mom gives you a box, and it has a pair of socks in it. Your bratty nephew comes in, who heard people that buy that sweet lady subscriptions to magazines get presents. He bought one for her yesterday. He gets a pair of socks AND a second box because he just redid his instead of continuously paying the subscription. His extra box has a cool aesthetic computer goodie in it and some other stuff.

Your grandma, sitting in her rocking chair, gets mad at you for not being more grateful with your present. Back in my day we would be thankful to even get dinner, you little wippersnapper! If you don't like your socks you can always sell them.

Edited by Alyeska
  • Like 10

I am gratefull coz i can give it away to someone for free and make friends

• Like 6

45 minutes ago, Alyeska said:

You get in your car, drive to your moms house, super excited! Your mom gives you a box, and it has a pair of socks in it.

Yah, but you know what, socks (specially home knit by your mom) are way more useful and exciting (hey, they are as unique as the returner mask) than the one time use orange i just had (or mass sleep powder attack) :P

I would like to start a petition to trade in our crappy gifts for knitted socks.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Nadroj said:

I would like to start a petition to trade in our crappy gifts for knitted socks.

With gem sockets?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Klaa said:

With gem sockets?

Sparkle Socks!

• Like 2

I was very attacked by some when i commented on gift system for aniversary before they where redistributed, and now i can only say i told you so :P At this point i feel it is better that there wasn't gifts at all, or that we could all get some cosmetic uselles crap that can't be acquired in game rather than sleep powders and moon metals. I'm sick of listening arguments like we should be happy with anything we get, gift is a gift, blah, blah...For god sake if you can't bring new players at least stop pushing away existing one, how the hell did you think people will react on getting lousy sleep powder that can be bought for 1s anytime for ###### 10 year aniversary. Open up with something unique to reward everyone that made this possible for so many years. I'm sorry but gift choices are very bad to most of us and that's a fact not being ungreatfull. And an other fact, i highly doubt this will increase playerbase that wurm desperatly needs. what should have been great joy left a bitter taste of disapoitment in lot of as, it's just sad to see it. Wurm deserves better for it's 10th birthday.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Nadroj said:

I thought Id find a nice image of knitted socks, in half seriousness to ask for wool armour, but I ended up with "knitted flip flop socks" instead.

flipflopssocke.jpg

I think these are rather unique and would fit the wurm theme very well.

• Like 3