Sign in to follow this  
Etherdrifter

What did *you* get for wurm's anniversary?

2x tin knife
2x 5s
3x SP
2x Returners mask

Still trying to figure out why the one alt didn't get the 5s bonus.

2 minutes ago, Greyfox said:

2x tin knife
2x 5s
3x SP
2x Returners mask

Still trying to figure out why the one alt didn't get the 5s bonus.

contact support

I got a LorenaMontana edition hatchet and some sand.

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, Niki said:

contact support

Got my answer, that alt didn't meet the requirments.   Oh well, now I finally get to steal his WS affinity :)

2 hours ago, Lockdown said:

I got a LorenaMontana edition hatchet and some sand.

Was the hatchet in your head or your hand? :lol:

• Like 3

a single sleep powder as Wurm's 10th anniversary gift

1st of the month for being premium: a yellow potion

3 sp here :) time to push that metallurgy higher i guess..

I find it funny that Rolf was aiming at players returning ? all i see so far are players using their alts  and forking out coin for  more loot, returning nope nobody is returning  they are just lining someones pockets ,it was supposed to be a 10 year anniversary i would have preferred a rug or a banner a unique item to lay in house  to say i was around  at the 10th anniversary .Ah well  my rant is over :P

• Like 3

Sleep powders

tin tools rake x2, pickaxe, leather knife x2

seryll lump

Cavalier Helm

Shipbuilders potion

Masks of returner

All appreciated thank you wurm!

20 hours ago, Retrograde said:

This isnt the only gift for the 10th anniversary! It is a random gift box containing a random item, with sleep powder being the most common. They will be available via other events and through various rewards. Their very design is to be available in large amounts and be a fun gamble.

that said, they're not the only anniversary gift, just one of them. The rest will be a surprise

I hope another gift would be something that can be displayed on deed labeled as commemorating the 10th anniversary of Wurm. Things of this type are nice because then other players can see a visual representation that you were a Premium player at that time. They are also good advertisement for the game when other players read the message on these items denoting 10 years of Wurm's existence, marking that milestone event.

Happy Trails

=Ayes=

• Like 3

A commemorative flag, banner or statue marking the anniversary would be ideal, I as many would be proud to display it I am sure!  Something gold and bold :)

• Like 4

58 minutes ago, Mistvengery said:

A commemorative flag, banner or statue marking the anniversary would be ideal, I as many would be proud to display it I am sure!  Something gold and bold :)

+1

On 6/6/2016 at 11:11 AM, Amadee said:

Yep, so if I'm figuring this right, in order to have 14 days played time that would actually be 336 hours played? (14x24)  Some people only play 3 or 4 hours a day, so would  actually had to have closer to 6 months played rather than the 14 days implied.  They really should have said that instead of saying 14 days, making people think they met the requirements.

As in my case with 9 days played, that's 216 hours. If I had played her 3 hours a day, every day, that would be 72 days played.

Or if you use priest alts like I do and leave them on overnight for full favor, you'd have it in about a month...

• Like 1

a special anniversary gift box for every premium player!

The boxes will contain a random item, including possibly some of these!

• Supreme bone
  • Transmutation rod
  • Staff of the land
  • Pale mask
  • Plumed helm of the hunt
  • Cavalier helm

As I posted in another thread, this email was hugely misleading. I've not been playing wurm for a while, decided to reprem a couple of characters based on this email I received. Yes, I got a mask, 5s and a high ql tin tool. But I was expecting something far more interesting for this gift box.

They should have added "sleep powder" to the list in the email, as that was hugely misleading. All of those items are unique, rare/expensive items so it's easy to conclude that the gift will be something similar.

I got a seryl lump for subscribing in time.  No skills nor idea of what to do with it because I am new here.

However the idea of the gifts is fascinating.  It's marketing but let's ignore that and have a think about the ramifications.

When I was a child and say for instance a sister wanted a particular doll.  We all got the same doll, to avoid complaints.  Which is partly what we see here, we suffer by comparison to the luck of others, so we talk about our disappointments.

However if we all got exactly the same reward, then the value of that reward would diminish.  If we all got 10 silver, then the value of silver would be less.  Or if we all had heroic statues they would be devalued.

The intent of the gifts is to celebrate a milestone, perhaps give some people incentive to pay money, by, in essence, relying on a gambling mechanic.  Everyone gets the thrill of the unknown when they open their gift box, and sadly somebody has to get the gift of ties and socks.

The extra gifts for returning players essentially rewards disloyalty.

A disloyal customer needs more rewards to undertake action, much like swinging voters get more rewards promised to them at election times.

There are two different issues going on.  And thankfully I don't have to find the best solution, but it's interesting to think about the problems.

Happy Birthday Wurmians.

I didn't open mine yet. I wish I could drop it on my deed so others that pass through could wonder why. Unfortunately it is no-drop. Can't even put it into my back satchel with the other gift from some years back. Sort of forgot what that one was for now. They each weigh only .02 so not much weight to carry around indefinitely.

=Ayes=

On 6/6/2016 at 4:11 PM, Amadee said:

Could have fooled me.  I'll tell you what, how 'bout you ignore me and I'll ignore you.  Sound fair?  **smiles sweetly**

edit:  Dang it, looks like I have to ignore another one. **looks at the post below**

I only partially looked but i was surprised what 14 days meant too and i look at stats quite often.. when mining etc..killed by the fine print.. you want my skeep powder i just sell them anyhow.. I guess i am not hard core enuf to know what 14 days playtime means in fine print.. nice way to kickoff ten year anni.. let down your die hard fan base... and shes not knocking you guys for your complaints.. 

Edited by Psalamon
  • Like 1

hello is the sleep powder gluten free

i'm trying to watch my wheat cholesterol

• Like 1