Sign in to follow this  
Etherdrifter

What did *you* get for wurm's anniversary?

I dont experience 1 hour sleepingbonus as a gift. I remember from the time that i lived on Pristine and having downtimes that we where rewarded with hours of sleeping bonus. 
If it's true what luvable says; about 80% of the people getting the sleepingpowder, that doesnt sounds random at all to me.

Imo wurm management are insulting their loyal customers by rewarding only a small group with goodies...

• Like 2

The Returner's Mask. Dalvea also got a 94.26QL 0.40kg Addy lump and a tin pickaxe.

KEOKGit.png

Edited by Audrel
  • Like 3

2x sleep bonus, 1x adamantine lump and 1x seryll lump.

Also tin saw, invisible mask and 5s :).

I can see myself doing some nice rings :).

1 minute ago, archer said:

2x sleep bonus, 1x adamantine lump and 1x seryll lump.

Also tin saw, invisible mask and 5s :).

I can see myself doing some nice rings :).

That's exactly what I was thinking. Some Addy rings.

99,25 seryll lump1kg. but greatful that we get things still, take care ppl

So, with six premed, 3 of them returning, I got 3 adamantine 0,4 lump, 2 sp, potion of carpentry. My tin tools are pickaxe, hatchet and rake.

• Like 1

I really hate lottery boxes like this, especially if they are sold as micro transaction (thankfully not the case here) because most of the time you get something crappy, and only if you are really really really lucky you get something interesting/fun. In this case the boxes are free so I don't mind that much, but I do hope that if something like this is done again in the future that it's more like the stuff which is usually gifted during christmas. I know I'd have found a 10 year anniversary special cosmetic item much more interesting and much better fitting to the occasion  (as in, something to actually remember the event by) than a lump or a sleep powder. Of course perhaps something like that is still coming, who knows.

Edited by Ecrir

2 hours ago, luvable said:

There is about an 80% chance of a sleep powder. Some people just have been incredibly lucky on their prizes. It really is a random thing.

If it's 80 percent that is NOT random thats dam near guarenteed to get shitty ass sleep powder.  

Majority of my accounts got the sleep powder, just as well as been a lump of coal.

I did get a tin hatchet/leather knife (which would of been neat if they were lighter than the standard iron tools), 1 seryll lump and a glimmersteal lump and that fancy mask which is actually nice, but only returning players would be getting that gift.

It is a lottery, not a anniversary celebration, players should of each gotten something worthwhile hanging on to and using, could of even made the base item a no trade/no drop item so not to flood the market and make them more of a keep sake.

I mean wurm gives out a spyglass for 1 year of playing and that is a great item, I am sure they could of came up with something better than sleep powder as the base item in the gift for a 10 year anniversary.

Then again I think these are the same guys who came up with the rare iron lump as a rift reward. :rolleyes:

Retrograde keeps hinting at more to come, so I will keep my fingers crossed.

Edited by JakeRivers
  • Like 1

Well, I always feel a gift is a gift. All I got was the sleep powders on 3 characters but that's ok.  :)

My only real complaint with all this is that the wording of the conditions, where it said 14 days played was a bit misleading. 2 of my characters were prem already and stay that way. 

But my Mag priest hasn't been prem for a while even though she has been holding and paying for a deed for the last year. I thought this was a good time to reprem her so I could get the Returners goodies, but I guess I don't qualify.

[09:31:12] You entered through the portal to Wurm on Luck day, week 1 of the starfall of the Leaf, 1027. That's 1313 days, 1 hour and 2 minutes ago.
[09:31:12] You have played 9 days, 1 hours and 59 minutes.
[09:31:12] You have been premium a total of 14 months until Dec 2013.
[09:31:12] You have been premium a total of 9 since Dec 2013.
[09:31:12] You have been premium consecutively for 0 months since Dec 2013.
[09:31:12] You have premium time until 4 Aug 2016 16:39:34 GMT

Over the years, back when I was actively playing her, she was premium for 14 months just not played a lot of hours per day. And she has been putting money into the game all this time in the form of deed-holding mayor.  But because the "played days" didn't come to 14 she's not eligible for the goodies since the played days aren't counted in calendar days, but rather the total hours all added together then divided by 24. 

Like I said, this is really my only complaint with this.  It should have been made clear that it wouldn't matter how many months you paid prem if you didn't have a lot of hours per day played even though she was played way, way more than 14 days in calendar days. 

For me it's not that huge a deal since I'm a regular player/payer on my other characters anyway, although I must say it's disappointing. 

But I would imagine someone who is actually enticed to return to the game who thought they met the requirements would be very chapped to find their total hours played divided by 24 didn't quite make it.

Edited by Amadee
  • Like 1

Fallen to it with a toon I did not prem for a long time. I I was so confident it was fulfilled that forgot to check the actual playtime which was 11 day only so no mask. That was my fault though should have left online the guy for 3 days more before today :P

[19:43:53] You entered through the portal to Wurm on day of the Wurm, week 4 of the starfall of Fires, 1033. That's 1042 days and 58 minutes ago.
[19:43:53] You have played 11 days, 8 hours and 10 minutes.
[19:43:53] You have been premium a total of 0 months until Dec 2013.
[19:43:53] You have been premium a total of 16 since Dec 2013.
[19:43:53] You have been premium consecutively for 0 months since Dec 2013.
[19:43:53] You have premium time until 4 Aug 2016 12:33:25 GMT

Still got a nice ada lump with him.

• Like 2

1 sleep powder, to add to my alt holding 50 sleep powders.

1 tin shovel, for the guy that hates digging.

1 adamantine lump, 0,40 weight, that I can use for absolutely nothing.

I'm really hoping the other anniversary gifts will cheer me up because atm I'm feeling pretty damn unlucky.

Always did a years worth of prem starting more or less since that first June in 2006. Some gaps here and there; however, this ended up being time to reprem anyways, so got returner's pack

Three sleep powders, a tin saw, and a returner's mask. Nice little bronze and leather number.

3 hours ago, MetalDragon said:

do I log in and open my box whats the chances of something decent ?

100% better than if you don't log in and open it. ;-)

32 minutes ago, Jaz said:

[19:43:53] You have played 11 days, 8 hours and 10 minutes.

Yep, so if I'm figuring this right, in order to have 14 days played time that would actually be 336 hours played? (14x24)  Some people only play 3 or 4 hours a day, so would  actually had to have closer to 6 months played rather than the 14 days implied.  They really should have said that instead of saying 14 days, making people think they met the requirements.

As in my case with 9 days played, that's 216 hours. If I had played her 3 hours a day, every day, that would be 72 days played.

Edited by Amadee

2 hours ago, Amadee said:

Yep, so if I'm figuring this right, in order to have 14 days played time that would actually be 336 hours played? (14x24)  Some people only play 3 or 4 hours a day, so would  actually had to have closer to 6 months played rather than the 14 days implied.  They really should have said that instead of saying 14 days, making people think they met the requirements.

As in my case with 9 days played, that's 216 hours. If I had played her 3 hours a day, every day, that would be 72 days played.

The requirement of having 14 days of playtime sounds pretty obviuous.

• Like 1

On three premium characters 2 sleep powders and one adamantine lump...I see blue rings in my future. :D

On the one lapsed character that I premed up, the 5 silver, the returners mask and a tin shovel.

I would have liked something better than the sleep powders, but they tend to sell for about a silver, so if I don't use them I can buy me something nice!

Free is Free and I don't mind at all.  Heck my Forum avie is still wearing his Santa hat from when everyone was upset about that gift. :lol:

1 hour ago, zigozag said:

The requirement of having 14 days of playtime sounds pretty obviuous.

No it doesn't.  If it does to you, I'm happy for you. But please don't assume that because something is obvious to you, it follows it must be obvious to everyone. 

14 minutes ago, Amadee said:

No it doesn't.  If it does to you, I'm happy for you. But please don't assume that because something is obvious to you, it follows it must be obvious to everyone. 

Have you ever used the /playtime command? Anyway, this term is rather common across all MMOs. I'm not accusing you of anything, but spamming this same complaint about your own personal misunderstanding that nobody seems to (publicly) share in all related threads is not going to change anything.

Edited by zigozag

Got sleep powder and 88.88ql addy i managed to trade for seryll i need so much. Please, if not plumed helms and stuff, just give me seryll in the next gift boxes :ph34r:

54 minutes ago, zigozag said:

I'm not accusing you of anything, but

Could have fooled me.  I'll tell you what, how 'bout you ignore me and I'll ignore you.  Sound fair?  **smiles sweetly**

edit:  Dang it, looks like I have to ignore another one. **looks at the post below**

Edited by Amadee

42 minutes ago, Amadee said:

Seemed very obvious to me as well.  You're being a tad bit hostile though.  Time for a break?