Sign in to follow this  
Rolf

Happy 10 years Anniversary!

Happy Birthday, Wurm! Congratulations Rolf on making this dream come true for yourself and all of us! Quite an achievement to reach 10 years for any MMO, especially a niche sandbox like Wurm.  You and the team have done very well.  When I dream about my Wurm life at night, when my floors have more cat hair on them than my cat does, and when I can write War and Peace in the dust on my furniture - then I know it is not only a good game, it's a highly addictive one!  XD  I accidentally missed renewing premium on one of my 3 who are always prem by a few hours - since I renewed on the day it expired. BUT as you can see - she got the returner's box and mask!  Now if Devona only had a decent hat to match!  I paid for a month premium yesterday on an alt who was once but hasn't been for months, but as only Magy could do, I forgot to check her playtime - being created to hold a deed she was way short of 14 days playtime.  LOL  So I was very pleased that Devona at least got it.

Here's to another fantastic, frustrating, fulfilling 10 years!  Cheers, Rolf

g3802l5.jpg

• Like 2

Thanks Rolf! You da man!

Where's the party at?

Edited by permo
  • Like 2

17 minutes ago, Magykal said:

Happy Birthday, Wurm! Congratulations Rolf on making this dream come true for yourself and all of us! Quite an achievement to reach 10 years for any MMO, especially a niche sandbox like Wurm.  You and the team have done very well.  When I dream about my Wurm life at night, when my floors have more cat hair on them than my cat does, and when I can write War and Peace in the dust on my furniture - then I know it is not only a good game, it's a highly addictive one!  XD  I accidentally missed renewing premium on one of my 3 who are always prem by a few hours - since I renewed on the day it expired. BUT as you can see - she got the returner's box and mask!  Now if Devona only had a decent hat to match!  I paid for a month premium yesterday on an alt who was once but hasn't been for months, but as only Magy could do, I forgot to check her playtime - being created to hold a deed she was way short of 14 days playtime.  LOL  So I was very pleased that Devona at least got it.

Here's to another fantastic, frustrating, fulfilling 10 years!  Cheers, Rolf

g3802l5.jpg

Its riveted to my face!

• Like 1

"There is a sleep powder inside with your name on it!" Is this a joke? can I trade it in for dotted flowers or something that I can't go buy hundreds of at anytime I want with coins I pay for?

Well, Happy 10 years Wurm from a not so happy player!

• Like 2

In our land it's a custom to bring gifts to the birthday kid, and here we are crying about free stuff WE are receiving. Shame, shame, shame :mellow:

Happy Birthday Wurm!

• Like 2

Good job!!

Happy birthday wurm!! can't wait to see the next 10 years!!!

5 hours ago, Retrograde said:

Cough. We never said that the gift box was ALL you'd be getting!

Did not planned to derail this thread with complains, but this kinda provoked me. First of all not all people appreciate unpractical jokes, like there were on aprils fools, and for some they are very annoying, i wish you could stop with that. Sorry but not all find devs sense of humor pleasing. Second if you're refering to weekend events, if i have to drag my ass all over the server and compete with others for gift forget it. But now i learned not to expect much from teams posts so i don't care anymore. Already commented on gifts and will not repeat myself here.

To you Rolf, as a collegague programmer whos dream was always to make games but had to go the other way (not complaining i still like what i do :D ) I congratulate on this amazing achievment :) I disagreed with a lot of your deccisions but respect you very much as someone who created something truly amazing. After i discovered Wurm i never again played another game and i hope i'll never have to. Also much in game has changed in a good way since i started playing and i'm certain it will continue to do so. I wish you many new happy Wurmians, and another big milestone in 10 years :)

• Like 1

As i said in the other thread, to add to Kochinac's point.

5 minutes ago, Nadroj said:

I feel like the "we never said this is all you're getting" line is a rather poor excuse. You also didn't say "the first gift will make you all really dissapointed and then we'll bait and switch you by revealing its not all that you're getting! You'll look like ######s for complaining oh how we'll laugh"

• Like 1

Rolf comes to a party that is payed by his 10 friends...for everyone he has a gift...for 8 friends he has sh itty gifts...for 2 others he got some fancy stuff and let the other 8 watch...

• Like 1

Wurm is a very interesting game, I am very impressed with the sandbox so far it has great potential. So with that - happy birthday wurm and may we see many more to come! :)

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Odynn said:

Ah, alright, the sleep powders were a joke and we can except something a wee bit better (and unique) ?

Aha, that what I am hoping for too LOL I understand "random" part in that teasing list of possible rewards but generic random as final gift for old players that just makes us feel as "random generic" players...

9 hours ago, Retrograde said:

Cough. We never said that the gift box was ALL you'd be getting!

I'm assuming champ trolls on everyone's deed now? 

[01:55:39] There is a potion of acid inside with your name on it!   

eat that crap rolf

hahaha and you got a reminder that two of the uniques have worthless potions for a gift!

52 minutes ago, NeeNee said:

I'm assuming champ trolls on everyone's deed now? 

LMAO 2nd day of Xanadu. Fight skill 1.0. The before-starter-gear-was-increased short sword, in underwemps... Fun stuff! :lol:

Wurm has been the game I was looking for over the years. When I finally found it, I settled for good. It is the only game which started with a clean world, devoid of history and any past. It's the only game I have ever played where you are not promised to be a hero through an endless slew of quests, but start the game as a snack to anything that moves. It's the only game I have ever touched where the early days of your existance your sole purpose is to just survive. And it's not easy. But over the years, we have built the world history together. Heroes rose on their own, on the merrit of their own actions, not pre-determined script. This is trully one of those worlds where the past has been written entirely by the players. It has a great community and a great staff. I congratulate Rolf and all his developers for creating what is a fantastic game. This is trully a gem on the Internet.

Happy Birthday Wurm!

Here is to the next 10 wonderful years!

Edited by Valdor
  • Like 5

Happy anniversary wurm and Rolf, may there be 10 more and so on :D

Oddly enough I'm pretty excited about the sleep powder, I have more moon metal and rare bones than I know what to do with so the free powder is great, luckily all of my accounts got the powder :wub:

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, SmeJack said:

Happy anniversary wurm and Rolf, may there be 10 more and so on :D

Oddly enough I'm pretty excited about the sleep powder, I have more moon metal and rare bones than I know what to do with so the free powder is great, luckily all of my accounts got the powder :wub:

I'll take some of the burden off your shoulders and take those bones for 'safe keeping'.. really, i don't mind..

Happy Birthday Wurm

Happy birthday Wurm...

Rolf we may not see eye to eye on somethings but that aside, Great job on a great game... as some people have said... I myself have looked for other games out there that are like Wurm and there's nothing at all that comes close.

Well done Rolf and the Wurm team.... here's to another 10 years. ;)

Happy birthday and happy Wurming for the next 10 years!

Edited by Syirian
typo