Sign in to follow this  
Rolf

Happy 10 years Anniversary!

Happy birthday Wurm and big TY to you Rolf (and of course Notch in this case) for making this game for us all :lol:

Im glad you manage to keep this running for us all, all these years :)

We all have good and bad memories from our time here and I hope we all gather more of those (mostly good ones) for many years to come.

My first steps was on JK-Home 

den 25 februari 2008 11:01:32

Someone has requested that a new player should be created for your account on Wurm Online with the name Dessie.

Poor girl falled from a hill and wasn't found until a week later :/ so she is long gone but not forgotten :mellow:

Sun, 02 Mar 2008 13:09:03 -0600

Your new player Maiya has successfully been created on Wurm Online and you may now login

This one is still going strong and hopefully will for many years to come :P

Ones again Happy birthday to Rolf and all staff that made us this :wub:

Ty for sp I have really good use of it :) I always run out of it  :rolleyes:

• Like 1

Have enjoyed  my time here keep on wurming! May wurm have many more landmark years to come,

• Like 1

Happy birthday Wurm!

Thank you Rolf + gang for providing us with this amazing world to live in! I for one, am here for the long haul!

Thank you for listening to us and involving us - not many games have that these days.

Thank you for keeping true to your goals and values instead of changing the game in fundamental ways just to accommodate those who whine - and might I say - with little understanding of the deeper impact on the things they ask for. We've seen so many great MMOs ruined because of that.

Thanks to all the volunteers of Wurm. To those who volunteer their time to contribute to the actual game. To those who work to provide us Wurmpedia, to those tireless and patient community assistants who have always been there to help with even the dumbest of questions. To those who take care of our beloved forums + all the other volunteers I probably don't even know about who keep things going in a less visible way.

And let's not forget the players! As a fellow player, I'd like to also thank you - my comrades, my neighbors, my friends. Thank you for sharing the passion for this game, for being so friendly and helpful, for being so reasonable and fair, for spreading the word - whether it be through websites, writing blogs or videos etc. It's all so valuable! 

*many squishy hugs all around!*

Edited by Malena
  • Like 9

Happy Birthday Wurm! And thank you Rolf and team! :) Here's to 10 more!!!

• Like 1

Happy Anniversary :lol:
I'm only 3 years in but.. was searching for this game for, too long.
congratulations developers, creators, players and thank you to stoneman for introducing me to this game, where ever you are.
I salute thee

• Like 1

thanks for following your heart rolf and wurmians may you continue to do so for eternity.

Happy birthday to Wurm! Has been quite the ride, ups and downs, still 10 years! Not many games are alive and kicking after such a long time.

Congratulation!

Happy Birthday

Only disappointed that it actually didn't have my name on it :D

[23:40:49] There is a sleep powder inside with your name on it!

[23:41:42] This greyish powder, when consumed, will give 1 hour sleep bonus.

• Like 2

Happy Birthday to Wurm from me too.....  I am a bit late as irregular forum visitor, as im working my village and hunting the neighbouring area most of the times and wait for serverupdates to visit the forum..... Which is now...

Hope to see nice updates coming up the next 10 years!!

Edited by Brocules

Oooh additional birthday presents for premium players! What a nice surprise :). By the way the knapsack cannot be equipped by right clicking > equip, instead it needs to be dragged manually to the back slot, so you guys might want to fix that. It's very cute! I love it.

Edit: Oh it looks like they are fixing it now - that was quick! :)

Edited by Malena
  • Like 1

Aaaaand, there we go! I knew it lol.

Came back playing 30 days too early to get the returning player reward and i lost it.

Been premium a total of 3 months and i get a crappy reward.

Well, sorry for deciding to come back playing when i felt like it, next time i'll quit wurm i'll make sure to not come back playing until some nice reward is offered for me to come back

Yes, i am mad and i am complaining, No, this isn't a gift, it's more like a "everyone gets nice a gift besides you" so let me be mad. Thanks.

If they were smart, they'd give us 5 hours sleep bonus, and a trinket decoration. ;)

if they were smart, they wouldn't leave "holes" in the gifts distribution, me and probably some more players are the middle "land of nowhere" where no decent gitfs will come. And i'm not just talking about new players, because someone who played 2 months like me in the past would have got really nice gits if he just waited 1 more month come back, i just feel teased.

Rolf thanks for the opportunity to spend my valued spared time in our world.. strange things indeed have happened and since i am new, none of them have been with your client ... Thanks for the visit during the teleporting debacle back when i'd get like 2.5% of  my connection to use for WUrm, i have survived and so has the game, and where now is the so-called lag of Xanadu so again  apologize but it was my love of the game that enticed m to login in over and over to only get 5 minutes of play at a time and i will never leave unless you finally boot me out the door.  infact i feel more at home near Vrock than i do in Vancouver BC.. heheh... so heres to another 13 and many more after that!! Any kids to follow in your footsteps??  Thanks to Notch and others who have left and see what you have missed//  I wan't going to mention the negativity i am unusually cool headed after the barrage of negativity but guys this isnt the place for it..look at all ROlf and the others have shared with us he owes us nothing. he has given us so much and i now he hasn't bought any countries lately and for the amount of time i get for my 24 bucks every 2 months i am overjoyed that Rolf has given me more..  thanks Rolf and team.. thanks for a good time !!!  

Happy B-day !!!   '\o/'

Edited by Psalamon
  • Like 3

Happy 10th birthday, Wurm!   And thank you to all the developers, all the community volunteers, and all the players for making this little world such a cherished experience.

Discovered Wurm back in 2012 and was obsessed for the next six months.  Took a long overdue vacation only to come back and find that every last one of my painstakingly bred horses had starved to death in my absence.  My heart was so broken that I just couldn't find it in me to keep playing.  Yet over the next three years, my thoughts would often call up very fond, very personal memories of life on that tiny deed: the unforgettable neighbors, the long hours terraforming, and especially the sunsets.   No other MMO experience has left me with such intensely personal memories, and they finally managed to pull me back in last year.

Wurm has never had a huge following, but as several others have mentioned: there simply isn't anything else quite like it anywhere else.  Thank you for shepherding this tiny world across ten years of time.

• Like 3

..o°°o..o°°o..o°°o..  Congratulations! ..o°°o..o°°o..o°°o..

And thanks for the gifts :-)

I can in no way take credit for these.. but here are some wonderful "old" pictures (2009) posted by Kasumi over in the screenshots thread!!

On 6/6/2016 at 5:54 AM, Kasumi said:

To celebrate wurm's 10 year birthday I went through my old backups and found some more of my old screenshots from about 6 - 7 ago

Some screenies from the old JK Home server [2009]

Reveal hidden contents

I think it might be New Town across the water 

bfU5PEb.jpg

UFruN1t.jpg

2q0xj7C.jpg

OHhL5Nf.jpg

mBGBWiZ.jpg

pNDFEAW.jpg 

Uyw7A4i.jpg

pteb8NU.jpg

VbMzTf7.jpg

RjvZdNl.jpg

f7b9IQ5.jpg

hNxtOrs.jpg

W2UrrOL.png

hZivwPi.jpg

A57O7og.jpg

My first view of the new land (Independence) after coming through the portal when the server opened [June 2009] :

Reveal hidden contents

P5Lfash.png

Sermons at Halcyon (when everybody still looked the same!)

Reveal hidden contents

UrvdvEt.jpg

Freedom Market

Reveal hidden contents

o7w7EEw.png

Even 6 years ago this game was beautiful to me

Reveal hidden contents

qtWFBYO.jpg

• Like 5