Sign in to follow this  
Rolf

Happy 10 years Anniversary!

Hi everyone!

It's been quite the fascinating journey over this decade. From a developer standpoint I've seen most of which can be expected from an early access, rapid development project like this - bugs and crashes, hacking, exploits, outrage. All of which I thought we'd be able to avoid when we began the project and for which I would humbly like to ask forgiveness. But I've also seen the stuff that I was hoping for and sometimes not expecting - villages forming and flourishing, sometimes dying and leaving ruins behind for others to explore and finding useful loot. Kingdoms clashing and waging epic war along front lines. Players riding dragons turning into terrible opponents. Religious pagan devotion, meticulous gardening and settlement planning and improbable animal breeding. We've had fantastic community projects and events such as the canals, roads, bridges, impalongs and treasure hunts. Now there are Rifts and cave dwellings added to that list which I think makes good sense.

I think that together as both coders and players we've managed to create a pretty fantastic world which has that sense of being alive with a rich history that we once set up a goal to achieve. I'm very thankful and happy for all that you've done in the lands of Wurm up until now, creating all sorts of memories and stories with your actions.
It's difficult in a game like this to find the balance between giving every player the space desired while not letting the game feel desolate and empty. Rifts will help with that in a sense, bringing players together and one of the challenges for the future will be to come up with tweaks to existing code and similar features I think.
Thanks everyone for playing Wurm and to everyone on the team - both those who left and are still around - I bow down to you in respect.

Here's to the next ten years! Cheers!
Dev looking badass pouring champagne all over

• Like 87

Good job dude, and cheers for another 100 years of wurm

• Like 1

lets celebrate it with a big party! i've heard Pristine is a very suitable place for that :)

• Like 2

Cheers, Rolf!

I started playing this game just over 8 years ago according to my /playtime, and although I take extended breaks this is the ONLY game that keeps dragging me back.

• Like 5

I couldn't agree more. Wurm provides such a unique atmosphere, no game compares to it in my opinion. 

To another 10! 

• Like 2

There's nothing out there like Wurm. I've tried a couple of other Sandboxes. Some of them, I don't even make it an hour before it's uninstalled. Wurm is starting year 11 and I am starting year 4. Here's to my year 10 in Wurm. May it happen!

• Like 1

Happy Birthday Wurm!! 

So much thanks to Rolf and the team for this unique and special thing we call wurm - I've loved it for the last 7 or 8 years that I've played and looking forward to the next decade!  

• Like 1

My son introduced me to Wurm (my first ever MMO besides Bridge online) 2 and a half years ago, when I retired.  He has tried to get me interested in other games, but to no avail.  I am a total Wurm addict and love it - mostly, when not annoyed or frustrated with tiny things.  I am so grateful to you all for a wonderful, harmless, interactive hobby, where I get to chat to people all over the world, while being creative and helpful when I can.

All strength to you, Rolf and your team - and the players - to continue for the next decade bringing so much pleasure to so many.

• Like 10

Thank you Rolf, for bringing this awesome world to us, and a warm Happy Birthday to Wurm and the Gold era.

• Like 3

Congratulations and thank you Rolf....  This is a remarkable achievement!

I look forward to continued evolution of Wurm with great anticipation

Here's to another 10 years (at least) !!!

• Like 1

Happy birthday to wurm, and thank you to Rolf for this amazing game.

Be proud of this game and what it has accomplished, I know I am :)

Also thank you to everyone that has put the time in to volunteer for this game!

Plus thank you to the players that have stuck through everything and enjoyed this game for so long, you are all a big part of why I enjoy Wurm as well. (Without you all I would have no one to compete with :P)

Edited by necroe
  • Like 5

First played almost 4 years ago now, was hooked from the very start.

Can't believe Wurm's been here for 10 years now, it's gone by so quickly. Here's to another 10 years and hopefully even more than that!

Thanks for the good times and all the good memories in the game, Rolf, you've done a fantastic job!

• Like 3

Thanks for such a wonderful place to meet good friends and have wonderful adventures in the online realm together with them :)

• Like 2

5th year started for me and I am still hooked. :)

This has been completely unique experience, no other game has been able to offer, what Wurm has offered.

Happy birthday! :)

• Like 1

Woot 10 years aniversary.... Prize? 1h sleep bonus. Right......

Come on Rolf, just the premiun time I pay in your shop every month for just 1 of my toons would give me that...

Edited by Tuga
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Tuga said:

Woot 10 years aniversary.... Prize? 1h sleep bonus. Right......

Come on Rolf, just the premiun time I pay in your shop every month for just 1 of my toons would give me that...

Same here :(

• Like 1

10 years and still going strong. Here's to 10 more.

• Like 2

Happy birthday Wurm and Wurmians.

I have enjoyed this game for almost 5 years on June 22 , was and still is a blast  , for me and my to many alts. :D

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, KiXiLeX said:

Same here :(

And for me.

Considering the list of possible teased items in this "special 10 year anniversary gift box" was this:

• Supreme bone
  • Transmutation rod
  • Staff of the land
  • Pale mask
  • Plumed helm of the hunt
  • Cavalier helm

.. I'm pretty disappointed.

• Like 3

Happy Birthday Wurm, even though a lot of times you make us players crazy and wonder what you were thinking Rolf, those of us that have stuck around for many years thank you for this very unique experience call Wurm Online. I can truely say that while i might take breaks from wurm to play other games I always come back to my little part of the wurm world.

Here's to 10 more !

now please fix more bugs and make the old gods viable again thanks :)

• Like 2

Well the returning players made out better for sure on this deal they got the chance for the "big" prizes plus the mask and the toolbox. (good thing i used an alt to get myself the mask) 

• Like 3