Sign in to follow this  
Radni

What is your secondary game/what game did you leave wurm to go play?

My only "secondary" game is when I'm away from the PC.  Therefore my two mobile go-to games are Clash of Clans and Uniwar (military strategy)

On 2/10/2017 at 4:27 PM, Warlander said:

For me it is Path of Exile (played a lot in Essence and now in Breach, on hardcore servers) and War Thunder (mostly ground forces). Sometimes I am coming back to Warframe and EVE Online as well or try different games, but these are the ones I tend to stick with the most when not playing/working on Wurm or studying.

It's POE for me too. (still, like a year later)

I've played it pretty religiously every other league since beta, i too, love hardcore!

Edited by Propheteer

23 hours ago, Pandalet said:

Heh, I too came from DDO to Wurm.  I pick up (Open)TTD or Dwarf Fortress from time to time, currently noodling with Factorio.

openTTD Is amazing, it draws me back every six months or so.

I can't get past stardew valley, even bought that awesome guide book for it

19 hours ago, Retrograde said:

openTTD Is amazing, it draws me back every six months or so.

I can't get past stardew valley, even bought that awesome guide book for it

Wow im in shock lol, OTTD, man that takes me back, i used to love those 'build em and they will come' city builders, but they just dont give me the same level of enjoyment wurm does, the sense of achievment that wurm gives, keeps me interested, i fuess because im a creative nerd lol

secondary game is LotRO.

Edited by geode

World of Warcraft, first mostly solo pve, then solo pvp, at the end rated battlegrounds. For 10 years. I wish I knew Wurm earlier.

It's not out on PC until the 17th, but once NieR Automata releases, it's probably going to be my PRIMARY game for a while.

The first NieR was one of my favorite games of all time. Playing through it was an almost spiritual experience for me. It made me think, and oh god did it make me feel. Such a melancholic game.

Sims (2 or 3, not feeling 4), SWGemu (been a while though), or one of the Civs. I really like Eve, but I find PVP to be so dull. 

Burning through 1 or 2 games a week is my primary game.  the Total War saga is my secondary game, I go back to wurm when I deplete all the titles that Im interested in.

I've been playing SWGEMU, Thehunter Call of the Wild and now the Division, which O never picked up.

Most recently took a little break to look at ESO.  Fun, but ultimately lacked substance compared to Wurm. (imho)

Tried Black Desert Online, which I liked, but having pvp enabled at 45, while the quest to keep from pvp stuck at 50, proved too ridiculous for me.  They've finally fixed it now, but too late.  Wurm wins again.

I do like the occasional break for Arma2/Arma3 DayZ mod.  Just too much fun to play with rifles sometimes.  I also love the scavenging/survival/vehicles/modern day maps/etc.

If I can track down the JumpgateEMU, I may try that again soon.  Have an itch to fly around space a bit.  It didn't play nicely with modern vid drivers last I tried it a few years ago though. 

Seeing Rasu's screenshot about Elite Dangerous has me intrigued again too, but from afar it looks like that game might be a money sink in the long run.  Maybe if VR becomes more affordable some day.

Then there is of course Eve Online which occasionally pulls me back in.  Usually tire of how their skilling system works though.  I'd rather be able to have more control over skilling than just wait, wait, a little more time, wait... almost... wait

When I'm not in Wurm I'm in Second Life.  I have a theatre group there and we make movies and perform live plays and such.

On ‎17‎.‎03‎.‎2017 at 3:25 PM, Lolabelle said:

Wait..... There are games other than Wurm???? :o

Wurm is a game? :o

beside that: why wasnt Fallen Earth mentioned so far? :wub:

• Like 1

Apart from wurm I play some Men of war Assault squad 2 and 7 days to die!

Squirrels. With a 22 long. Scope em out.

=Ayes=

I tend to play a bit of Tribes: Ascend when not Wurming. Working on a new PC build though so I can get into Space Englineers since my current laptop cannot upgrade to the needed dx10+.

NieR Automata has kind of stolen my life since release >_>

I 100%'d the game, and now I'm starting over on Very Hard difficulty where a single hit kills you... in a bullet hell action RPG. Should be fun.

And by fun I mean suffering, but worth it.

Probably one of my favorite games I've played in several years. It's not perfect, but it is pretty damn good. Improves on the first NieR in several ways, though I still prefer the first. The first got me with much more of an emotional attachment.

The first game's combat was.... slow. It worked, and did what it needed to, but it was kind of awkward and tedious and dull after a while. Automata has platinum developing it, and the combat came out much faster and more fluid. The OST in the original was one of my favorite gaming OSTs, and Automata somehow blew it out of the water. The story in Automata is pretty decent too, but again, I felt more attached to the story and characters in the first game. There's also some hidden depth in Automata for people who've played the first, but it's not necessary to play the first to understand the story. That said, if you play Automata first, it does spoil some pretty big things from the original NieR.