Sign in to follow this  
Audrel

Light in 3.99 vs 4.0

Please don't make that unstable client the stable one, it looks....bad.

This is because VBO has to be disabled for me due to 4fps vs 30-45fps with it off.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Audrel said:

This is because VBO has to be disabled for me due to 4fps vs 30-45fps with it off.

Comparing two clients while using different settings in each is a bit misleading if you don't put that information in the post.

But yeah, we definitely need some performance improvements in the new renderer... preferably quickly.

Audrel could not use the unstable with VBO on, as she could not move around.  Testing it to report performance has the effect tht you either leave it on, and can't move at all due to low frame rate, or turn it off, and can move as you would in stable but with those visual impairments.  Same settings mean you cannot move in Unstable, different settings mean you can move same as in Stable, but the world is ugly as.

9 hours ago, Ostentatio said:

Comparing two clients while using different settings in each is a bit misleading if you don't put that information in the post.

But yeah, we definitely need some performance improvements in the new renderer... preferably quickly.

Yeah, that's why I came back and added it. I should have edited the first post. I had 5 fps and turning off VBO speeds it up. I meant to say that this is how it is going to change for me.

LOL I was basically asleep in my chair. I think I logged out there. :lol:

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Audrel said:

LOL I was basically asleep in my chair. I think I logged out there. :lol:

drunk  again tsk 

• Like 2