Sign in to follow this  
JDBooker

Linking Carpenters

I'm often upset by the limitations of building sizes,

Even with carp in the 90s the buildings seem too small and not intricate enough for my designs.

So i propose a form of linking similar to priest favor.

First and foremost this is a high end ability, The "Craftsman" Carpenter has to be a lvl 90+, Master Carpenter (possibly even having to use the title for the link)

The "Joiners" of any skill link to the Craftsman with a the right click menu.

Linking is only available on deed, to avoid off deed monstrosities, and 'donutting' a whole deed for grief /salvage/raid lockouts.

The link only works on the same deed, and Joiners automatically un-link if they step off the deed.

Due to the fact building planning involves moving around, The 4 tile range would hinder work, instead the range is within the current deed.

The effects of the linking is that 50% of joiners carp is added to the Craftsman's planning ability. eg:

95 Craftsman + 50 Joiner = 95+25= 120 plan

90 Craftsman + 90 Joiner + 90 Joiner = 90+45+45= 180 plan

A Maximum of 4 joiners can link to the Craftsman giving an effective maximum plan of 300. (100 + 4x100/2)

This could create a building, almost but not quite 16x16 (302), or other shape as desired.

Linking will not affect the number of floors available and skill required for building them, only the ground floor plan.

• Like 4

it sounds interesting, but this just spawns "bigger" buildings, not better or real new designs.

Edited by Tallios

I'd at least +1 when it comes to height.

Size, not as sure.

There is a mod that removes the. Building size limits, not sure if you have seen it, 

as in Faith linking, channeling is responsible for limit of links (channeling/10 ?)
for carpentry it can be the same for skill Hammer (we need to use hammer for planning houses, don;t we ? :)

Could be cool, so a nominal +1 from me, but:

This could be abused by dropping a min-size deed, planning your monster building, then disbanding the deed.  This could allow essentially locking off chunks of un-deeded land on PvE, a lá enclosures.  I'm not sure whether the amount of effort involved would make it viable, though; just thinking out loud.

• Like 1

I can see it being abused to deed 100x100 plots of land, put up the donut, then disband the deed.

• Like 1

the abuse will be tremendous.  Fantastic idea though.  Possible fix?  Add a massive decay rate to "oversized" buildings when a deed expires or is disbanded, regardless of QL and how often the owner logs in.  In addition, make it impossible to repair, including the Mag ritual spell.

I would love to create much more intricate single structures.

Another thought that popped into my head is a deed option, like templars, where you can buy Large Structure Maintenance. An extra silver a month that allows templars to keep the new structures in good repair, so long as the deed is 30 days or more upkeep.  If under 30, hyper decay initiates and the "no repair" mode kicks on.

Linking only in deed, that would fix exploits for off deed enclosures... ( also building will be destroyed if it is not on deed )

Edited by Martynas5

this wouldn't change anything involving people walling off large sections of land.
You can more or less already do that with minimal change. Just create chaos-tier walls around a section of land and you're only ever going to have to replace the tall stone walls anyways, which is negligible.
+1 from me for pve
-1 from me for pvp don't make raiding harder

• Like 1