Sign in to follow this  
ClericGunem

Add a WL and BL altar to a freedom server

There needs to be a way for PvEers to convert to gods and to become priests without having to go to chaos.  Since new gods are being created they should be incorporated into the game easily and without being forced to join a group or denied access.

Wurm is either a RMT game or just a game.  Games and I would say especially RMT games require players and for players to want to play to stick around there has to be a certain amount of "new" to a game which the player gods help provide.  Being forced to to go to Chaos takes the fun out of that as it places unnecessary discomfort and risk with zero benefit in return.  Denying a interesting part to players by other players is not a model that works or has worked in any game.  Telling players they cannot have a tosiek/nathan priest because they have to go to chaos to become a priest (because they are not very good or easy to play on freedom and there are very few such priests) is in no way going to make players want to play.  

To me this is a game, i am not here to make money; I have bought a lot of stuff and bought out a couple players for their nice stuff and when i decide to leave i will be not likely sell any of it (or my chars as they have my name) and my deeds are paid in years so no worry of looters as there will be nothing left.  What i am here for is playing a game i love and learning about it and getting better at it, i decided to play a priest/cleric character, which means I like working with priests.  Cleric Gunem has been my name for 18 years this is first time i have ever actually played a priest.  I do not enchant stuff for anyone (just ask those who know me), I do not sell enchants, i occasionally offer services, but not to make money though i usually charge something so they do not waste my time.

There should be a way to convert in PvE without having to go to Chaos and waste time and risk money.  I do not care if you like the new gods or not, or approve of the religion or not, all irrelevant.  I do not care if you think PvE is carebear land or even i you think PvP is douchebag land.  I am saying that the game should come first.  No area or feature of a game should be denied by players as that only breeds the worse kind of contempt.

--

Where does this come from, I got a priest converted to Paaweelr follower by luck, then when i started looking for someone to raise my follower to priest i found out that some people where trying to prevent PvEers from being priested.  I rolled an alt and walked (on non-prem fresh roll) to the white light, just to figure out where it was in case i wanted to try to send my priest.  But the WL is owned by MR.  I do not mean they have some tower near it, they have a tower literally covering the WL so if you approach you get attacked.  I do not want to PvP in wurm, i considered it again, then this happened and then i hear some "rumors" and get crap from PvPers about get a Paaweelr follower and just tells me that PvP in wurm is not my thing.  PvP i love in games where it is actually fun and there is actual fighting, such as fighting players or holding off a zerg for 6 straight hours in ESO (yesterday), or hunting Pkers in BDO, or pretty much anything else where i do not have to join a team and kiss someone's ass in order to play the game.  If MR was open i would have been happy to join, may even have tried to play some day when i was comfortable, but it is closed, requires signup and being approved, i only want my priest.not to have to make friends first; a PvP guild/clan/kingdom should sell itself to people if it wants people to join.

Well first off, MR does not own the white light, it is open to anyone, people travel to it all the time.

The guard tower is not on top of the white light, it is off to one side, and the light can easily be approached from a direction away from that tower.

However there is no guarantee of your safety, but did you think to ask someone in MR to help you get to the white light?

As for MR being open, we do have recruitment posts, in the chaos section as well as the general.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, ClericGunem said:

There needs to be a way for PvEers to convert to gods and to become priests without having to go to chaos. 

*snip*

There is a way.  Ask in freedom chat for a priest to convert you. 

If 50c for a sailboat. and maybe a set of studded leather to protect you from monsters in the wild and a rope to lead a wild horse is just too much of a burden to bear for you to strip down and come to Chaos for a conversion, than continue spamming in freedom chat looking for one.  This doesn't make you a "PvEer" this makes you lazy.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, JakeRivers said:

Well first off, MR does not own the white light, it is open to anyone, people travel to it all the time.

The guard tower is not on top of the white light, it is off to one side, and the light can easily be approached from a direction away from that tower.

However there is no guarantee of your safety, but did you think to ask someone in MR to help you get to the white light?

As for MR being open, we do have recruitment posts, in the chaos section as well as the general.

Maybe i was not clear, i have been there, went with an alt.  I did approach from opposite the WL, the tower's domain clearly covers the WL

18 minutes ago, Wargasm said:

There is a way.  Ask in freedom chat for a priest to convert you. 

If 50c for a sailboat. and maybe a set of studded leather to protect you from monsters in the wild and a rope to lead a wild horse is just too much of a burden to bear for you to strip down and come to Chaos for a conversion, than continue spamming in freedom chat looking for one.  This doesn't make you a "PvEer" this makes you lazy.

Been asking.  And been to chaos and the WL...

been trolled and having to listen to drama (IMs in game) before i posted this.  This whole thing has just burned the fun out of the game for me, which is stupid since it is a simple thing that does not hurt or take anything from anyone.  No way to get a convert, GMs only convert if physically impossible to get to Chaos,  so i am just wasting prem time on a character, two actually as i want to convert my Nahjo, then grind another Nahjo..  I did try ti talk to someone from MR, got nowhere.  What am i supposed to PM each one until get answered by the nice one?  PvPers will not even take a few minutes to help the wurmpedia people to get a page up with restrictions, sac details (supposedly metal+wood)., The pastebin list which was from GL may not even be true as it is the only thing that anyone has posted claiming is the spell list.

Done for now, going to finish my current projects and mothball my stuff and take a break from the game, everyone feel free say i am lazy, scared, ignorant, whatever...troll away.

Mods please feel free to lock this at your pleasure, i only helped derail and i do not think i was able to make this a constructive post; probably headed into a pvp vs pve argument

6 hours ago, ClericGunem said:

PvPers will not even take a few minutes to help the wurmpedia people to get a page up with restrictions, sac details (supposedly metal+wood)., The pastebin list which was from GL may not even be true as it is the only thing that anyone has posted claiming is the spell list.

Yes those ebil PvP'rs, grrr I hate them all!

7 hours ago, ClericGunem said:

the tower's domain clearly covers the WL

When either altar gets bashed, it "randomly" spawns at a new location which could literally be on top of a guard tower. We cant build anything around them when they respawn. Blame the code not a kingdom. 

On the other hand, killing 5 guards is not terribly hard if you have above 50fs, any amount of 50+ql gear, and a decent weapon. Someone will probably correct me, but if I remember a guard is only 30-40fs so 50 should over power them. 

(Not saying this because I think you didn't know this, but just a clarification for people that did not know this already.)

Edited by polarbear

Pop a tent right before you die, it'll save you a long walk. 

16 minutes ago, Wargasm said:

Pop a tent right before you die, it'll save you a long walk. 

Needs to be in your own territory on Chaos so it won't work.

I guess I will not ever become a priest since I have to travel to Chaos to do so.

I refuse to PVP or be forced into a situation where I will have to fight another player. The fact that I also have to travel to Chaos to mine adamantite, only to be killed by another player that will take all that I have, that just annoys me to no end.

Guess I will never have a priest.

Who thought this was a good idea?

55 minutes ago, Aszhrae said:

I guess I will not ever become a priest since I have to travel to Chaos to do so.

I refuse to PVP or be forced into a situation where I will have to fight another player. The fact that I also have to travel to Chaos to mine adamantite, only to be killed by another player that will take all that I have, that just annoys me to no end.

Guess I will never have a priest.

Who thought this was a good idea?

Dafuq are you on about?

Afaik you can't mine adamantine so I have no idea what that's about. Secondly you're absolutely free to wait till someone else has a Paweelr priest on freedom and ask them to convert you. Nobody is forcing you to travel to Chaos for anything.

Once you have the requisite faith as a follower you can ask any, LITERALLY ANY Paweelr priest to priest you up.

• Like 1

Yes, you can mine adamantine.  Only on Chaos though.  As I've never done it before myself, I will leave it for the vets to explain.