Sign in to follow this  
Retrograde

Weekly News #22 Birthday Time!

The burning question on my mind is.........where do I get one of those birthday cakes?  :)

20 minutes ago, Amadee said:

The burning question on my mind is.........where do I get one of those birthday cakes?  :)

Make a cake, and add candles

• Like 1

Wow, are we just going to be silent about pvp updates now? 3 months after all the talk.

You've gave us no update on whats being worked on. Disgraceful.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Meep said:

I agree with that but they shouldn't go out and say a time when it's supposed to happen if they wont do it. Will just cause people to be more fed up with them and their empty promises then they already are..

Yes well the new CCAB team is still learning the correct ways about things. Such as they stopped talking and hyping the pvp changes are coming in the weekly updates until they are actually ready to start.

Yea they should have waited a bit more about talking transfers.. They should just come out and say we do not have a set date yet but rest asured once we reveal our meditation path plans we will then allow a 1 time transfer from path of insanity. To be honest though tbey shiuld think twice about allowing only POI to transfer... I can already see an uproar from every other path... (our path got changed too so i want a transfer like POI gets).

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Mclovin said:

Wow, are we just going to be silent about pvp updates now? 3 months after all the talk.

you know the kid in Walmart that is always crying and pointing at things on the shelf?  Code Club is the mom pushing the cart and ignoring the crying, putting vegetables and laundry soap in the cart, instead of the tele tubbies the kid is pointing at.

• Like 6

All great if ppl spend 5s at glasshollow market ☺

• Like 1

2 hours ago, kochinac said:

So let me get this straight. I'm playing this game as premium for more than 2 years straight and every single day is bought from shop, i have played [20:44:25] You have played 124 days, 17 hours and 36 minutes.  and i get less then someone who goofed around for 14 days and stopped playing just because i had miisfortune of buying my regular premium 2 days before 24th?. Correct me if i'm wrong but if that's the case i'm outraged. Good job Rolf. Lets see what returning player gift is going to convince me to come back if i decide to quit because of this, because i'm deeeply upset by this injustice. I admire you as a man who created something great, had a vision and was persistent in it, but you had bunch of moronic decissions since i started palying and this one is the most moronic -.-

Not sure if I should chuckle or curse.  If this is an injustice then the world is truly way beyond doomed.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Slickshot said:

Not sure if I should chuckle or curse.  If this is an injustice then the world is truly way beyond doomed.

call it what you like, it's stupid and moronic and certainly isn't fair... And, yeah the world won't end, but one drop is enough to fill over the glass maybe this is not that one drop for you, even maybe not for me, but for someone it might be. Don't understand how more regular players isn't upset but this treatment but blah, what Rolf thought it would be returning players are actually returning alts, same like he thought WU will bring players to WO, but as long as he fills up his pockets now it doesn't matter what will happen to game on longrun

Edited by kochinac
  • Like 1

Chillax.  This is a standard marketing method for bringing back customers.  Do you have Cable TV?  Do you have a cell phone?  Do you shop at stores?  All have special incentive programs, designed to lure customers back, in the hopes of retaining them as regular, repeat clients.  These incentives are always better than what you get as an existing customer.  Why?  Well, because you don't need the same kind of incentive to keep you here, because you are already here.

Generally, these marketing campaigns will only send notice to the target audience, rather than here, where all Wurm players see it.  However, since most existing players also have a few characters they don't play anymore, it makes sense to let everyone know.  So if you are one of those people that only have a single character, it may feel like you are getting the short end of the stick.  But you aren't.  Not only is Wurm giving incentive to former prem characters, but they are ALSO giving rewards to existing premium players.  This goes above and beyond what most similar marketing campaigns will do.  We are fortunate!!

We are not entitled to get every possible gift Rolf has to offer.  Be happy with the ones he chose to give to you and don't be mad you didn't get what someone else was given.

• Like 4

It is truly amazing how some members of this community can get outraged at ANYTHING, the gift packages are in line with what you might find offered elsewhere.  I suppose the real question will be what the loot tables are for the gift packages.  All in all I look forward to seeing what I get although I do dread logging in in a few days and hearing tales of people getting rare bones and me being stuck with something like a lump of iron, but we shall see!

3 hours ago, Wulfmaer said:

Make a cake, and add candles

Thanks. :)

/runs off to the kitchen

• Like 1

Hehe, sweet, double bonus for repreming during my summer break

37 minutes ago, Wurmhole said:

This is a standard marketing method for bringing back customers.  Do you have Cable TV?  Do you have a cell phone?  Do you shop at stores?  All have special incentive programs, designed to lure customers back, in the hopes of retaining them as regular, repeat clients.  These incentives are always better than what you get as an existing customer. 

Yep.  It's definitely standard business practice.  In fact I experienced that just recently with my internet provider.  They offered me lesser incentives to stay but I actually had to cancel and go with someone else before they were allowed to offer me the really sweet deals. (At which point I went back. lol. But in truth, only because I wasn't happy with the new provider).   It seems to be a very effective business practice since they all do it.

3 hours ago, Mclovin said:

We gave him nothing to update you on.

Sorry mate.

I'm sure you'll copy and paste back next week. :)

• Like 9

Rip wurm.    Cakes nice though.

I have always admired Rolf's determination and perseverance for keeping the game running and progressing, now for 10 years, in spite of all the flack that he receives from players (myself included at times). Then when I see a picture of him with a contented smile on his face I am reassured that he still rises above the fray and continues to enjoy what he is doing in developing the game. Quite and achievement really when you think about it.

=Ayes=

• Like 8

Well, crap.  I have an account that I just extended premium time on, minutes before logging in and seeing the notice that if I had waited one or two more days for prem to actually run out, I would have got all sorts of nifty rewards.

5 minutes ago, Planck said:

Well, crap.  I have an account that I just extended premium time on, minutes before logging in and seeing the notice that if I had waited one or two more days for prem to actually run out, I would have got all sorts of nifty rewards.

The flag went live on the 24th of may, so you might still be in!

And yes, the 5 silver is included, apologies for forgetting it!

As for PvP updates, I intend on focusing on it once we have the current development tasks out of the way, as I said back then, Rifts, the new client and the anniversary were the immediate tasks, with combat balancing and reworking coming after.

• Like 4

You know, I seem to remember that as a player who stays premium for longer periods of time, we get stuff everytime we renew... sleep powder, etc... plus things like the spyglass, potions, etc.  Not a huge bonus to some people but you never know who will value what.

The people who haven't stayed premium continuously don't get those goodies.

• Like 2

Wtf is wrong with you people, instead defending idea with abstract facts can you just look at current state.Fact is that returning player has twice the chance for pale mask, plummed helm, etc plus tin tool. And spyglass as countercontribution for that along regular players is silly(for being regularnog didnt get anything useful besides that, wont count sleep powder as everyone is getting them monthly). Also there is also division of sheer luck among regular players, those who has fortune of buying regular prem 2 months ago now can still make the flag unlike me whos regular reprem time was 1 month ago. And you are trying to convince me that that is fair and ok? His game, he can make whatever moves he want, But people telling me something is common practice, and convincing me that i shouldnt feel angry about it, and telling me that i'm not in worse position when i actually am considering actual outcome, those make posting futile -.-  And this is not only about me, if i had the chance to catch the flag by luck would still support those who didnt and thought it's unfair

Edited by kochinac
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, kochinac said:

Wtf is wrong with you people, instead defending idea with abstract facts can you just look at current state.Fact is that returning player has twice the chance for pale mask, plummed helm, etc plus tin tool. And spyglass as countercontribution for that along regular players is silly(for being regularnog didnt get anything useful besides that, wont count sleep powder as everyone is getting them monthly). Also there is also division of sheer luck among regular players, those who has fortune of buying regular prem 2 months ago now can still make the flag unlike me whos regular reprem time was 1 month ago. And you are trying to convince me that that is fair and ok? His game, he can make whatever moves he want, But people telling me something is common practice, and convincing me that i shouldnt feel angry about it, and telling me that i'm not in worse position when i actually am considering actual outcome, those make posting futile -.-  And this is not only about me, if i had the chance to catch the flag by luck would still support those who didnt and thought it's unfair

There's nothing abstract about it. It's facts. That's how marketing works. The first time you premium here, you get gifts. Say you buy 1 month + 1 silver for 10 Euro. You get a referral, a sleep powder, and I forget what else. When I first started, the referral sold for 6 silver. The sleep sold for 1.5s. Add the 1s that comes with it, I just got back 9.5s for spending the value of 10. I know sleeps aren't worth that now, but the principal is the same. No one is complaining they don't get a referral every month with their premium. Why are they not? Because it's an incentive to new players to pay to play. This is an incentive to old players to come back and pay to play. The whole point is to get people who are not paying to pay. 

I'm also sure that plenty of people will be selling tin tools and masks for less than you will pay to premium up something. You can get their prize for less than they got it for. 

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Namekat said:

U2xq2JY.jpg?1

Rub-a-dub-dub Tiba, Gary and Namekat sail in a tub.

[18:57:13] Zajman slain by Namekat Tiba Gary

3 on 1 eh?? I am so proud you didn't bring me 5 or even more.... i bet this will live out the ages.. the day you evened the odds..