Sign in to follow this  
Retrograde

Weekly News #22 Birthday Time!

13 hours ago, Amadee said:

Yep.  It's definitely standard business practice.  In fact I experienced that just recently with my internet provider.  They offered me lesser incentives to stay but I actually had to cancel and go with someone else before they were allowed to offer me the really sweet deals. (At which point I went back. lol. But in truth, only because I wasn't happy with the new provider).   It seems to be a very effective business practice since they all do it.

Saying something is done by many does not make it right or fair. Terrorirsts kill losts of people on a regular base, does that make killing people justified? In this case you could offer staying and unloyal players the same bonus and you would have the same effect on returning players, probably even better because you would have more positive mouth to mouth advertising.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Retrograde said:

And yes, the 5 silver is included, apologies for forgetting it!

Yay!   Thank you Retro for easing my mind!

2 hours ago, Chlodovech said:

Saying something is done by many does not make it right or fair. Terrorirsts kill losts of people on a regular base, does that make killing people justified? In this case you could offer staying and unloyal players the same bonus and you would have the same effect on returning players, probably even better because you would have more positive mouth to mouth advertising.

Oh good grief.  /facepalm

Sorry, just can't think of anything to say to this that would be allowed on these forums

• Like 1

On 6/3/2016 at 10:05 AM, Namekat said:

U2xq2JY.jpg?1

Rub-a-dub-dub Tiba, Gary and Namekat sail in a tub.

[18:57:13] Zajman slain by Namekat Tiba Gary

Is that a sunken Cog?   Reminded me of the scene in Pirates of the Caribbean when Cptn Jack steps on the dock from his sinking boat.  **giggles**

Edited by Amadee

Wow. The withholding of virtual toys is now being compared to killing people regularly...

I recognize the possessiveness that this game promotes, and I remember MMO times in the past where having to claim every special holiday gift was a stressful chore; I am grateful that I have reached a point where I am not concerned with having all the things, and they're still going to give me something anyway.

I am proud to see this 10-year mark for Wurm, and I wish for the success to continue even though they didn't give me extra surprise free stuff. 

• Like 4

Everyone gets 5s??????   Lets go shopping

I don't have 8 days to sail 5 feet sir Gary and Tiba were just my horse power but I should have had a V8.

• Like 1

" we’ve planned some events for the following weekend, to ensure that everyone can attend "

awesome, because nobody works weekends

• Like 1

So, in the opening banner for this thread, with the two trolls standing over the birthday cake, which one is female?

• Like 1

Come on Valdor, you know they have determined that it is whichever one is feeling of the feminine gender for the day... their appearance has nothing to do with it.

6 hours ago, Valdor said:

So, in the opening banner for this thread, with the two trolls standing over the birthday cake, which one is female?

The pretty one is the female. :lol:

8 hours ago, KyleBooze said:

" we’ve planned some events for the following weekend, to ensure that everyone can attend "

awesome, because nobody works weekends

Eh, the majority don't, some of us do *shrug*. Surely you're not working the entire weekend...

help this please.. What is that?

oAKe6Lz.png

Edited by MaurizioAM
  • Like 1

Just because everyone else is too nice so you dont get the point.  The crowns look like ######

On 6/3/2016 at 0:19 AM, Keenan said:

We gave him nothing to update you on.

Sorry mate.

I'm sure you'll copy and paste back next week. :)

And the week after that and the month after that, because whilst your finger punching smart remarks on the forums instead of giving a status on updates/chaos/epic, the pvp playerbase are holding on to it's nails until they bleed in the slightest hope that the devs aren't just all talk and by your remarks you just are, so you say that with a smiley face as if it's a joke that we as players are desperate to know the status of the pvp updates to save the servers we love.

So why don't you give him something to update us? I mean, you Devs were the ones who pushed the thread for change, pushed the Teamspeak convo's, who got all the kingdoms to leave you feedback, wasn't it suppose to be the season of pvp fixes? didn't that season pass? Winter PVP fixes anyone? You devs/staff spent more time writing about how these changes will be good for pvp than you did writing the code for them, that's the problem, you speak about updates before they're even done then wonder why players ask about these magical updates. Writing that you're going to change x___ doesn't mean you have until you have, imo, you should have just kept quiet about all the things that are BROKEN and we'd have ran around like the little headless chickens we are churping up a thread once in a while, instead, you've brought to light just how #### things are in pvp, promised to fix and so far haven't even brought nothing new to the table and you wonder why I'll be here next week asking why is the server I'm paying to play on still broken for the 4th month after you've highlighted what NEEDS to be done to FIX pvp?

Oh well smiley faces and smart remarks :) I guess that's how we respond to customers paying to play a broken server.

If your replies don't contain a status update don't bother replying next time.

Edited by Mclovin
  • Like 2

just curious if i buy premium after 6th do i get returners pack? and if how long after 24th its gonna work?

McLovin, I couldn't agree more.  A dev who joined MR on Chaos specifically because he wanted to understand PvP better is getting perturbed when people ask about PvP changes? 

• Like 1

Keenan was not a dev when he joined MR, and since becoming a dev he has distanced himself from MR to remain unbiased.

PvP changes if they go live today or 6 months from now is not going to change player sub's in PvP anyways, that will only improve over time, if it ever will.

• Like 2

As Jake said, thatsliterally the opposite of what Keenan did, in fact a fair number of us are really pretty annoyed at how the community have treated him for being in MR, essentially acting like being one of us and being a Dev have anything to do with each other. Which has, in part, caused him to go live on Freedom. Some of us think you're all a bunch of whiney, flamebaiting trolls who can't just leave a person alone to get on with their damn job and enjoy the game too and we miss our friend who now avoids playing on chaos just for the sake of said whiney bitches.

• Like 5

Jake and Nadroj has the right of it.

I moved off Chaos and essentially left MR as a full member due to countless attacks and accusations from people who couldn't handle a developer also playing in PvP. I love what I do for this game more than I love what server I play on, so I made the choice to move to Exodus full-time.

As for my smart remarks, they're the result of being frustrated with how little people actually do listen when we announce things. Case in point being the numerous times we've mentioned that PvP will be properly addressed after Rifts and the new rendering engine is launched. Rifts are in post-release, which means we are still balancing and watching this feature and the new rendering engine was held back due to issues and is still a current project. I even said on the last news post that I will be doing a focused effort on not just implementing battering rams, but fixing issues with catapulting and structures that plague PvP. But you did not listen to this.

So yes, I will do cheeky smart remarks with a little smiley face as I go back to fixing important bugs and donating my time. :) Maybe you'll read and comprehend what is being said this time, or maybe we'll be back again next week for more remarks and smiles! Everyone loves smiles. :):)

• Like 13

this last page reminds me of a game called "War Z"

pretty funny if you think about the parallels isnt it?

worth a smilie for me :)

war z was an amazing game. played that ###### for ages. Got banned on 4 different accounts for cheating but better believe i kept buying it

Edited by Josh

Come back Keenan, we miss you. Also, where has Horton been? Both of you need to come back and we'll throw a big party. With balloons, a pinata, and a pool filled with tears of our enemies.