Sign in to follow this  
Retrograde

Weekly News #22 Birthday Time!

header.png

Another week has passed, meaning a weekend of Wurming, and better yet, the weekly news!

Patch notes:

Spoiler

Patch Notes 2/JUN/16

June 2, 2016

The “Disabled for non-premiums” message no longer shows when a player enters local of a non premium player on PvP servers.

Unstable client updated with more fixes!

• Bugfix – Underground buildings no longer show up as off deed if they are on deed.
  • Bugfix – Wild growth can no longer push camellia hedges past medium height.
  • Bugfix – Birthday cakes should now be available.

Rifts.
Well, take two of the rifts went much better, with them all being closed quite quickly. We’ve continued to listen to feedback and are currently looking at scaling the amount of creatures spawning according to local, meaning more people, more challenge!

Fit for a king
This week saw the updated graphics for crowns released! No longer will our kings be asked for “whoppers with cheese” and instead will just be asked “why aren't you wearing a jacket?” Rest assured, Saroman has been working on this and we will have them come as soon as they are finished.

Birthdays!
Wurm turns 10! This monday will mark the 10 year anniversary for Wurm Online going gold, and what a decade its been. Due to the timing of it being a monday, we’ve planned some events for the following weekend, to ensure that everyone can attend, we’ll have more on those in next weeks news!
Events will be organised to occur on several servers, hopefully as many as we can fit in, and maybe even some crafting comps!
Every premium account will receive an anniversary gift box, as well as the returning player packs for those with over 14 days playtime and purchase premium time!
(Clarification: player must be non premium and over 14 days playtime at time of purchase)
The returners pack consists of an extra anniversary gift box, a toolbox containing a random tin tool, and the special returners mask!

Community Content

This weeks community content I want from you!

Share your favourite experience in wurm, or favourite screenshot, whether its the time you stumbled across a wonderful view, or pvp experiences, let's hear them all!

that's it for now, I've been a busy bee working on some huge plans for events, I hope you like trolls!

Retrograde & the Wurm team.

• Like 14

Wurm has come far in 10 years. The fact its survived as an MMO for so long is an achievement on a level of its own. Some AAA/bigger MMOs don't even last half that time.

Here's to more years of Wurm. :)

Edited by syncaidius
  • Like 6

Yay! But wasn't there also going to be 5s in it for the returning players?

• Like 1

Community Content  1:

Even Gods Can Bleed 2015

(Black Legion vs EbonaurA and  Mol Rehan)

gh9mrsV.png

• Like 1

Its time to give us golden roofs!!!!!

1 hour ago, Retrograde said:

Every account will receive an anniversary gift box, as well as the returning player packs for those with over 14 days playtime and purchase premium time!
(Clarification: player must be non premium and over 14 days playtime at time of purchase)

Every premium account gets the anniversary gift box or f2p too ? Do we have to be premium on that day (6) ?

Returning players as in : must have been premium at some point and is f2p now and is purchasing premium this week ? or that day ? or it's sufficient if it's a f2p account that has over 14 days playtime and purchases premium for the first time ?

• Like 1

So disloyal players who quit get more than loyal players who stay? That is a nice ###### you towards all your customers who keep their prems up.

• Like 10

NVM, found it.

Welcome Back Packs!

Looking to get back into the game, but don't know where to start? With our welcome back packs get yourself set up in the best of fashions! The welcome back pack contains:

• An anniversary gift box.
  • An anniversary Toolbox containing a random tin tool.
  • 5 silver.
  • A special returners mask!

To receive one of these, simply buy premium via the shop after the update on the 24th of May on an account that has been premium before, with over 14 days play time but is not premium currently. On the 6th of June, simply login to receive your gift pack!

That's not all though! There's plenty of content coming each week to Wurm, so if you haven't played in a while, jump on and check it out!

Edited by bangzuvelis
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Chlodovech said:

So disloyal players who quit get more than loyal players who stay? That is a nice ###### you towards all your customers who keep their prems up.

This is pretty standard in the gaming industry. It's to attract people back and hope they continue to play (and pay). It's not just the gaming industry, however. It's a common universal marketing model, though many of them are directed at never-been customers instead of returning customers which Wurm Online also has. You get a pretty good deal for being a first time premium here also.

• Like 2

The returners pack consists of an extra anniversary gift box, a toolbox containing a random tin tool, and the special returners mask!

and 5 silver, right?  and 5 silver????  Rolf said 5s!

From Email sent out (web page link)

Welcome Back Packs!

Looking to get back into the game, but don't know where to start? With our welcome back packs get yourself set up in the best of fashions! The welcome back pack contains:

• An anniversary gift box.
  • An anniversary Toolbox containing a random tin tool.
  • 5 silver.
  • A special returners mask!

To receive one of these, simply buy premium via the shop after the update on the 24th of May on an account that has been premium before, with over 14 days play time but is not premium currently. On the 6th of June, simply login to receive your gift pack!

Edited by Eyesgood
  • Like 3

All sounds well.. Im more looking forward to when we start having talks about PVP changes.

And the crowns... Some of them are quite hideous. Does Ebo have its own crown or is it the same as HOTS since its a hots templet. Its not very appealing just saying. MR's seems like is the nicest MR chaos that is.

• Like 1

U2xq2JY.jpg?1

Rub-a-dub-dub Tiba, Gary and Namekat sail in a tub.

[18:57:13] Zajman slain by Namekat Tiba Gary

• Like 26

26 minutes ago, Eyesgood said:

and 5 silver, right?  and 5 silver????  Rolf said 5s!

So you need to resub before the 6 th ? or any time after?

I am kind of lost i what there talking about , and never got any email about this. 

Yes i am signed up for emails.

Way i see this , i have 8 alts , all i need do is prem them during the 6 th or after and get 5s plus a gift basket. :)

They have been premiumed before

13 minutes ago, Damascus said:

So you need to resub before the 6 th ? or any time after?

I am kind of lost i what there talking about , and never got any email about this. 

Yes i am signed up for emails.

Way i see this , i have 8 alts , all i need do is prem them during the 6 th or after and get 5s plus a gift basket. :)

They have been premiumed before

I updated my post with a link to the web version of the email that was sent out.  I premmed up two toons that were not premmed as of May24.  After the May 24 update, I premmed them and so by my understanding both of those toons will receive the gifts plus 5s each when they log in on June 6th.  Both had more than 15 days of /playtime.  This weekly news has all the details except for mentioning the 5s.  I hope that was just an oversight.

Edited by Eyesgood

39 minutes ago, MaurizioAM said:

All sounds well.. Im more looking forward to when we start having talks about PVP changes.

And the crowns... Some of them are quite hideous. Does Ebo have its own crown or is it the same as HOTS since its a hots templet. Its not very appealing just saying. MR's seems like is the nicest MR chaos that is.

You have three template kingdoms, JK, MR, and BL.

Every PMK will have the models of its template kingdom, so Ebonaura has the BL crown, MR chaos has the default MR crown, so on so forth.

If anyone was wondering

GrUlNVB.jpg?1

Personally i like the MR one, lets me shoot lasers from my forehead.

• Like 8

still  nothing about that meditation path switch for those that were insanity and promised one with the nerf.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Egard said:

still  nothing about that meditation path switch for those that were insanity and promised one with the nerf.

Relentless.  It's incredible to me that some people genuinely expect to hear about every single upcoming possible feature/fix week in and week out.  As if not giving an update every week is heresy.  Would you be more satisfied if they said something like:

Meditation Path Switch:

Still coming.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Slickshot said:

Relentless.  It's incredible to me that some people genuinely expect to hear about every single upcoming possible feature/fix week in and week out.  As if not giving an update every week is heresy.  Would you be more satisfied if they said something like:

Meditation Path Switch:

Still coming.

Probably wondering because they said it was to be the week after the nerf and we still didn't get it...

2 minutes ago, Meep said:

Probably wondering because they said it was to be the week after the nerf and we still didn't get it...

To be honest they are probably doing many people favors by not allowing it yet. People would switch with haste about being mad sotg was nerfed and then a week or 2 later meditation paths comes out with a revamp and the same player that switches starts complaining again... Why werent we told about these changes blah blah blah blah wahhh. 

Patience and we will soon hear of the changes to come and then you will have your opportunity to switch if you like.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, MaurizioAM said:

To be honest they are probably doing many people favors by not allowing it yet. People would switch with haste about being mad sotg was nerfed and then a week or 2 later meditation paths comes out with a revamp and the same player that switches starts complaining again... Why werent we told about these changes blah blah blah blah wahhh. 

Patience and we will soon hear of the changes to come and then you will have your opportunity to switch if you like.

I agree with that but they shouldn't go out and say a time when it's supposed to happen if they wont do it. Will just cause people to be more fed up with them and their empty promises then they already are..

So let me get this straight. I'm playing this game as premium for more than 2 years straight and every single day is bought from shop, i have played [20:44:25] You have played 124 days, 17 hours and 36 minutes.  and i get less then someone who goofed around for 14 days and stopped playing just because i had miisfortune of buying my regular premium 2 days before 24th?. Correct me if i'm wrong but if that's the case i'm outraged. Good job Rolf. Lets see what returning player gift is going to convince me to come back if i decide to quit because of this, because i'm deeeply upset by this injustice. I admire you as a man who created something great, had a vision and was persistent in it, but you had bunch of moronic decissions since i started palying and this one is the most moronic -.-

• Like 5

I'm gonna be boring and say my favourite thing in my time playing wurm was that I started it. 15 month premium, and no signs of slowing down ;) My favourite moment was the day I first started... This spider can't be too hard to kill. 7 hours later, after finding my corpse to get my foraged bits back, I realised I would be staying around for a long time... :D

• Like 5