Sign in to follow this  
Wulfmaer

[unstable 4.0] different moons visible

Comparing the sky between stable and unstable, different moons appear visible. In the unstable Seris was visible, while in stable Valrei and Haven were visible.

I didn't see different ones, but I am missing one and another is not in the same place.  Thanks for the report.

I recall unstable being set to a different season or something before. Unstable was snowing and stable was spring.  That was in the previous update.  This might explain different moons in the sky?

Adding screen shots to illustrate the problem...

Stable Client

Nzrb8Hx.png

Unstable Client

ynt5VLO.png

The unstable and stable clients are still not showing the moons in the same place in the sky.

The sky and planet issues are still being worked on with the 4.0 client.

The recent "Grand Conjunction of 1601 Dancers III Wurm" thread is a reminder that this is still an issue. The pictures below were taken some time after the event, so only two of the moon are still visible. It also looks as if the stars are quite different.

Unstable client

4pNgyNv.png

and Stable client

MnF8E4O.png

---

Sometime later - at [11:24:39 GMT]  It is 22:52:26 on day of Awakening in week 3 of the starfall of Dancers in the year of 1061.

In the unstable client Seris and Valrei are both setting, while in the stable client that are both about 45° above the horizon.

Edited by Wulfmaer

I noticed that the stars are rising in the East and setting in the West.  That would be appropriate for Earth but it is incompatible with the motion of Sol in the sky of Wurm; it rotates around a point in the western sky.