Sign in to follow this  
joedobo

[BETA] remove animal hoarding limits mod

This is a mod that removes three mechanics that are intended to limit animal hoarding. It removes these things: deed brand limit, creature ratio effects for on and off deeds, disease spread.

required: Ago's WurmServerModLauncher. https://github.com/ago1024/WurmServerModLauncher/releases

releases are here: https://github.com/Joedobo27/removeanimalhordinglimitsmod/releases

Edited by joedobo
  • Like 3

There is a small bug somewhere with removing disease. It is definitely slows disease occurrence but it doesn't completely remove it. I put about 20 horses on one tile and after about 10 hours 5 of them had disease.

Personally didn't see the need for this, however I did see the request for it, so I must say great job and awesome work doing this Joe!

• Like 1

A mod to remove disease was on my list and I would have created it regardless of someone asking for it. Adding those two other things was a nice perk.

I think I got this fixed. I put about 100 animals on one tile (horses, sheep, bison) that is surrounded with wooden fence gates. No disease after many hours. I"ll get a new release up tomorrow.

I like being able to brand and name all of my non-horse creatures.  It simplifies breeding A LOT and the limit for how many could be branded was just stupid.  It doesn't even make realistic sense.

I also like having an active farm with tons of animals and 90% of my deed space is always dedicated to their stables, fences and stalls.  The ratio mechanic was always too low for me and I didn't want to keep expanding my deed exponentially just to satisfy it.

Then there's the fact that 3+ animals on a single tile would trigger chance for disease.  I never had a problem with this with my fenced animals as they always have ample room but I am so tired of getting diseased just for being on a cart with two horses.

TL;DR this mod satisfies soooo many issues I had with the animal handling on Wurm in general.

Now we just need an overhaul/expansion of the pet system to make pets useful and I'll be a happy little hoarder.

Edited by JackBinimbul

Seriously, you are making more mods?  Do you intend on supporting this one in the future?  I would like to know before using this on my server.

Does it work with current production version 1.0.0.6?

2 hours ago, Drpox said:

Seriously, you are making more mods?  Do you intend on supporting this one in the future?  I would like to know before using this on my server.

What brought this question on, seems mad about something, what have I missed?

I know Joe made this mod in response to a request post.

2 hours ago, Drpox said:

yep, and I plan to keep making them. I'm pretty sure all the mods I've made I'm using now and are working for me. 

1 hour ago, Nappy said:

Does it work with current production version 1.0.0.6?

I don't know, it might. It's a hassle for me to switch between versions because I have to redownload the whole client from Steam. I just use the beta.

I will test it on our test server and let you know what I determine. Hopefully it helps!

I'm having trouble getting this mod to work. I am using  Ago's WurmServerModLauncher 0.20. I have a lot of other mods and have had no problems with them. Here is the server.log if there is another log file you need let me know. I would love to have huge open pens rather than my 2x1 penned in animals so thanks for this mod.

Spoiler

[05:22:15 PM] INFO org.gotti.wurmunlimited.modloader.ModLoaderShared: ModLoader version v0.20-133d216
[05:22:15 PM] INFO org.gotti.wurmunlimited.modloader.ModLoaderShared: Loading mods\announcer.properties
[05:22:15 PM] INFO org.gotti.wurmunlimited.modloader.ModLoaderShared: Classpath: [mods\announcer\announcer.jar]
[05:22:15 PM] INFO org.gotti.wurmunlimited.modloader.ModLoaderShared: Loading mods\bagofholding.properties
[05:22:15 PM] INFO org.gotti.wurmunlimited.modloader.ModLoaderShared: Classpath: [mods\bagofholding\bagofholding.jar]
[05:22:15 PM] INFO org.gotti.wurmunlimited.modloader.ModLoaderShared: Loading mods\betterdig.properties
[05:22:15 PM] INFO org.gotti.wurmunlimited.modloader.ModLoaderShared: Classpath: [mods\betterdig\betterdig.jar]
[05:22:15 PM] INFO org.gotti.wurmunlimited.modloader.ModLoaderShared: Loading mods\boatmod.properties
[05:22:15 PM] INFO org.gotti.wurmunlimited.modloader.ModLoaderShared: Classpath: [mods\boatmod\boatmod.jar]
[05:22:15 PM] INFO org.gotti.wurmunlimited.modloader.ModLoaderShared: Loading mods\bountymod.properties
[05:22:15 PM] INFO org.gotti.wurmunlimited.modloader.ModLoaderShared: Classpath: [mods\bountymod\bountymod.jar]
[05:22:15 PM] INFO org.gotti.wurmunlimited.modloader.ModLoaderShared: Loading mods\bulkmod.properties
[05:22:15 PM] INFO org.gotti.wurmunlimited.modloader.ModLoaderShared: Classpath: [mods\bulkmod\bulkmod.jar]
[05:22:15 PM] INFO org.gotti.wurmunlimited.modloader.ModLoaderShared: Loading mods\bulktransportmod.properties
[05:22:15 PM] INFO org.gotti.wurmunlimited.modloader.ModLoaderShared: Classpath: [mods\bulktransportmod\bulktransportmod.jar]
[05:22:15 PM] INFO org.gotti.wurmunlimited.modloader.ModLoaderShared: Loading mods\creatureagemod.properties
[05:22:15 PM] INFO org.gotti.wurmunlimited.modloader.ModLoaderShared: Classpath: [mods\creatureagemod\creatureagemod.jar]
[05:22:15 PM] INFO org.gotti.wurmunlimited.modloader.ModLoaderShared: Loading mods\harvesthelper.properties
[05:22:15 PM] INFO org.gotti.wurmunlimited.modloader.ModLoaderShared: Classpath: [mods\harvesthelper\harvesthelper.jar]
[05:22:15 PM] INFO org.gotti.wurmunlimited.modloader.ModLoaderShared: Loading mods\inbreedwarning.properties
[05:22:15 PM] INFO org.gotti.wurmunlimited.modloader.ModLoaderShared: Classpath: [mods\inbreedwarning\inbreedwarning.jar]
[05:22:15 PM] INFO org.gotti.wurmunlimited.modloader.ModLoaderShared: Loading mods\meditatemod.properties
[05:22:15 PM] INFO org.gotti.wurmunlimited.modloader.ModLoaderShared: Classpath: [mods\meditatemod\meditatemod.jar]
[05:22:15 PM] INFO org.gotti.wurmunlimited.modloader.ModLoaderShared: Loading mods\moonmetalminingmod.properties
[05:22:15 PM] INFO org.gotti.wurmunlimited.modloader.ModLoaderShared: Classpath: [mods\moonmetalminingmod\moonmetalminingmod.jar]
[05:22:15 PM] INFO org.gotti.wurmunlimited.modloader.ModLoaderShared: Loading mods\movetocenter.properties
[05:22:15 PM] INFO org.gotti.wurmunlimited.modloader.ModLoaderShared: Classpath: [mods\movetocenter\movetocenter.jar]
[05:22:15 PM] INFO org.gotti.wurmunlimited.modloader.ModLoaderShared: Loading mods\nofatigue.properties
[05:22:15 PM] INFO org.gotti.wurmunlimited.modloader.ModLoaderShared: Classpath: [mods\nofatigue\nofatigue.jar]
[05:22:15 PM] INFO org.gotti.wurmunlimited.modloader.ModLoaderShared: Loading mods\prospectmod.properties
[05:22:15 PM] INFO org.gotti.wurmunlimited.modloader.ModLoaderShared: Classpath: [mods\prospectmod\prospectmod.jar]
[05:22:15 PM] INFO org.gotti.wurmunlimited.modloader.ModLoaderShared: Loading mods\QualityDamageTooltipsServer.properties
[05:22:15 PM] INFO org.gotti.wurmunlimited.modloader.ModLoaderShared: Classpath: [mods\QualityDamageTooltipsServer\QualityDamageTooltipsServer.jar]
[05:22:15 PM] INFO org.gotti.wurmunlimited.modloader.ModLoaderShared: Loading mods\removeanimalhoardinglimitsmod.properties
[05:22:15 PM] SEVERE org.gotti.wurmunlimited.serverlauncher.DelegatedLauncher: java.nio.file.NoSuchFileException: mods\removeanimalhoardinglimitsmod
org.gotti.wurmunlimited.modloader.classhooks.HookException: java.nio.file.NoSuchFileException: mods\removeanimalhoardinglimitsmod
    at org.gotti.wurmunlimited.modloader.ModLoaderShared.getClassLoaderEntries(ModLoaderShared.java:208)
    at org.gotti.wurmunlimited.modloader.ModLoaderShared.createClassLoader(ModLoaderShared.java:216)
    at org.gotti.wurmunlimited.modloader.ModLoaderShared.loadModFromInfo(ModLoaderShared.java:172)
    at org.gotti.wurmunlimited.modloader.ModLoaderShared.loadModsFromModDir(ModLoaderShared.java:86)
    at org.gotti.wurmunlimited.serverlauncher.DelegatedLauncher.main(DelegatedLauncher.java:18)
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
    at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
    at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
    at javassist.Loader.run(Loader.java:288)
    at org.gotti.wurmunlimited.serverlauncher.ServerLauncher.main(ServerLauncher.java:33)
Caused by: java.nio.file.NoSuchFileException: mods\removeanimalhoardinglimitsmod
    at sun.nio.fs.WindowsException.translateToIOException(Unknown Source)
    at sun.nio.fs.WindowsException.rethrowAsIOException(Unknown Source)
    at sun.nio.fs.WindowsException.rethrowAsIOException(Unknown Source)
    at sun.nio.fs.WindowsFileAttributeViews$Basic.readAttributes(Unknown Source)
    at sun.nio.fs.WindowsFileAttributeViews$Basic.readAttributes(Unknown Source)
    at sun.nio.fs.WindowsFileSystemProvider.readAttributes(Unknown Source)
    at java.nio.file.Files.readAttributes(Unknown Source)
    at java.nio.file.FileTreeWalker.getAttributes(Unknown Source)
    at java.nio.file.FileTreeWalker.visit(Unknown Source)
    at java.nio.file.FileTreeWalker.walk(Unknown Source)
    at java.nio.file.Files.walkFileTree(Unknown Source)
    at java.nio.file.Files.walkFileTree(Unknown Source)
    at org.gotti.wurmunlimited.modloader.ModLoaderShared.getClassLoaderEntries(ModLoaderShared.java:206)
    ... 10 more

Change the folder name in the mods directory to "removeanimalhoardinglimitsmod". It is spelled wrong. I updated Github with a new zip.

I originally spelled hoarding wrong as "hording". I must have missed the folder rename part when I went through and fixed that.

19 hours ago, joedobo said:

Change the folder name in the mods directory to "removeanimalhoardinglimitsmod". It is spelled wrong. I updated Github with a new zip.

I originally spelled hoarding wrong as "hording". I must have missed the folder rename part when I went through and fixed that.

huh....mine works fine with the typo and yet when I correct it, mod loader crashes when loading the server software, even after running the patcher.bat again.

@JackBinimbulversion 1.0.0 (the initial release) has the misspelling. I'm guessing your using that.

I just downloaded the 1.0.1 release zip, unpacked it into my mod folder and it all work okay.

Sorry guys about this. I was using a lazy shortcut to move the mod.jar file into the mod folder ( copy and paste for IntelliJ into mod folder). I'll make sure in the future to move/install mods into the mods folder exactly how others will do it.

Edited by joedobo

This mod doesn't seem to be functioning properly anymore. I know there hasn't been a ton of demand for this, but I really can't imagine playing Wurm without this bad boy. Plahz halp. 

Edit:  I take it back.  It still works brilliantly.  I had ###### up on my end.

Edited by JackBinimbul

Oh, I updated this anyway. The new version no longer has options. Is this mod even needed? I can see the brand limit removal being useful. But I"m not sure animals get hammered with a disease in WU as hard as they do in WO. Either way, it is here.

Edited by joedobo
  • Like 1

It's really necessary for me!  I play on my own server, just my girlfriend and I.  We've been playing Wurm for about 8 years.  It was our go-to game back when we could only communicate online.  Now we live together and it's still something we do together.

When you're playing all alone on a server, it takes a lot of livestock to build up to 5 speed horses or enough cattle for cooking skill.  The lack of a branding limit definitely helps with keeping my cattle organized.  I'm also very space efficient with my farms and build them with role play in mind.  There is no way I'd ever be under the animal ratio in the vanilla game.  The ratio imposed has nothing to do with real life limitations.  I could get behind it, if it did.  It was a system introduced by Rolf to avoid addressing his buggy spawn system that prevented creatures from spawning when people had huge breeding operations.

I could always expand my deed, but A. I'd have to have it about 3x the size I actually use, B. It would push spawns further and further away.  I don't build big deeds.  I had a huge deed on Deli and it was more work and stress than I found enjoyable.  Without this mod, my ratio is about 10 and I definitely notice issues.  Not in the form of disease--because I have my pastures built well--but from miscarriage.  When I had issues with this mod not properly triggering earlier this week, I lost 3 out of 6 to-be-born foals.  Thankfully, I didn't lose the mothers.

I know there may not be a huge demand for this and that you may see it as a waste of your work when you could focus elsewhere, but so long as this mod is functioning, I will be using it!

6 hours ago, Elsa said:

Will this be updated for 1.6?

It's working fine for me with 1.6!

I made a spelling mistake in the package path. The 1.0.2 version is updated now.

• Like 1