Sign in to follow this  
Jetter

New player, good places to noob around in?

I've been wandering around for a bit and am now looking to mess around with building stuff. I'd like to set up shop in some uninhabited location with easy access to water and building materials, but I also don't want to set up shop in a place where I'd be annoying any neighbors by wantonly messing with everything in sight and I'm not sure where a good place for that would be. I'm otherwise not too picky about location - I'll happily go off into the wilderness or resettle the ruins of a dead town or anything as long as it's in line with what I said above. I'm not opposed to joining a town, but I do want to at least try setting everything up from starting equipment to basic shelter and survival on my own before I join up with others.

I like to think I can navigate fairly well, so if you can point a location out on the map that's probably all I'd need.

Hey Jetter.  Welcome to Celebration.  If you need some starting armor and a weapon send me a PM and I'll get you started on the right foot.

We have tons of open space on cele. I know lots of places close to water and highways that would be good to settle.

Hey Jetter o/

On the in game map co-ords "19 - i" Across the bridge from where you small cart is, there is a freshly cleared steppe area, 2 guard towers on it, and none of the land is owned or even near the local area of anothers deed, All cleared for the taking for newbies in your position..

Also, as Moogien mentioned above, near your cart you will see the public smithy building with a few open iron veins nearby to easy mining and learning to make tools in an area quite safe with plenty of shelters and within the shout range of guards.

Edited by Arndell

Hey Jetter. Welcome to Cele!

Open areas on Celebration are almost endless. If you have patience to look around, I strongly recommend the southern coast of Salsa Straits. Plenty of open space there and all coastal. Also, the western coasts of the continent have tons of wonderful coastal space and are lightly inhabited, if you are looking for more seclusion.