Sign in to follow this  
JakeRivers

Disembark Option on Floor Inside Buildings

My #1 choice for disembarking a vehicle is to click on ground and hop off, this option is not available from inside a building, making it slower to right click the boat/horse/cart/wagon to get off.

I would also like the option if possible to disembark/embark a vehicle through a arched wall, which you currently can not do, an example of the problem below.

Spoiler

EiLGez0.jpg

• Like 4

28 minutes ago, JakeRivers said:

My #1 choice for disembarking a vehicle is to click on ground and hop off, this option is not available from inside a building, making it slower to right click the boat/horse/cart/wagon to get off.

I agree. Never understood why you can't...

+1

Bad things happened when you could disembark in buildings that ended up with dead players bouncing between floors in a endless loop till they took so much damage they died.  or they ended up stuck in the ceiling till a GM rescued them. 

Or disembark in a building when you plowed yourself into the wall.  Disembarking when plowed into the wall when clicking on the cart puts you outside not inside. Clicking on a tile puts you on that tile. Bypassing locked doors. 

So only if  all that wayward code has been fixed. 

• Like 2

I could imagine it working correctly if it checks for the targeted tile being on the 'same floor' and that the tile is 'reachable' (could open a container on that tile, for instance); though that would possibly allow someone to cross a gap to a diagonally adjacent tile (which can be done in caves). Either way, if the ground floor inside is packed and paved (no actual floor of building) then it should be treated like outside, having no potential to "jump" a gap.

34 minutes ago, Ohana said:

Bad things happened when you could disembark in buildings that ended up with dead players bouncing between floors in a endless loop till they took so much damage they died.  or they ended up stuck in the ceiling till a GM rescued them. 

Or disembark in a building when you plowed yourself into the wall.  Disembarking when plowed into the wall when clicking on the cart puts you outside not inside. Clicking on a tile puts you on that tile. Bypassing locked doors.

I see. Thanks for the info! :)

Forgot about the problems disembarking inside buildings from a passenger perspective, how about being able to embark say a boat through a arched wall, that has to be safe?

-1   Can use sloped walkable docks.

Edited by Galatyn

I agree.. +1
if the code allows..
this was my resolution;

Spoiler

4LFprmA.jpg

zGkylfx.jpg