Arkonick

Beta version 1.0.0.7

Recommended Posts

Beta version 1.0.0.7

I just threw this live on my Pingperfect server. They took the time to create a beta option download system for us a bit ago and it works great. Thanks again if you'll ready this post at PingPerfect you rock as usual.

 

What this did for my server. All them malformed issues we was having are gone. I rebuilt all my db and still the creature db still couldn't be fixed unless I spent 200 bucks or more to buy a program to repair them professionally.

But once this was added all that crap vanished and server is working fine. Why is this build in beta when 1.0.0.6 needs to be in beta for all the bugs it has. Rolf you all might want to go ahead and push 1.0.0.7 in to the main files at this time and not leave it as a beta seeing it is correcting 1.0.0.6. Just my 2 cents.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I agree, also the building in caves in .0.7 was a huge plus for me, now instead of having everything everywhere when i'm just starting over like I am now, I can build a couple of small spaces and put everything in there, until I get a proper workshop for stone and wood cutting built.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

hey if your still running the beta , can you check if they added rift items and creatures into the files?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Anything dealing with rifts you more than likely want see in WU this would more than likely include mobs & gear cause so far they all seem to be tied to pvp/rifts. Altho the shoulder models are in the packs files I don't see them making it into WU.

Edited by Arkonick

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

nope RIFT is all WO, they've been very clear about that. which doesn't bother me in the slightest really.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, ozmods said:

nope RIFT is all WO, they've been very clear about that. which doesn't bother me in the slightest really.

 

[09:47:52] Your title is now Rift Defender.

 

I wouldn't say it is WO only :D

Let's see how much more I can dig out in WU code...

Edited by Sklo:D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Rifts can be added to the feature list in 1.0,0.7 (not tried 1.0.0.6) by adding them to the feature table in the database, ID number is something between 87 to 89, but they are red, and i assume not working. Same with bridges in caves

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎6‎/‎10‎/‎2016 at 10:38 AM, bigsteve said:

Rifts can be added to the feature list in 1.0,0.7 (not tried 1.0.0.6) by adding them to the feature table in the database, ID number is something between 87 to 89, but they are red, and i assume not working. Same with bridges in caves

They probably left the database indices in just for keeping things clean, but pretty sure they are just stripping the code that does the rift events out of WU, so enabling them would not do anything, since there would be no code to back it up. They have probably left all items, creatures, many methods, but the actual event code itself, which is likely in 1 class or at the very least 1 jar will be stipped out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎6‎/‎10‎/‎2016 at 1:48 AM, Arkonick said:

Anything dealing with rifts you more than likely want see in WU this would more than likely include mobs & gear cause so far they all seem to be tied to pvp/rifts. Altho the shoulder models are in the packs files I don't see them making it into WU.

 

On May 30th Keenan very clearly stated on the steam beta post that the items and creatures are going to be in WU, and hints to the rift code can be found in WU code, but the event itself is not included.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎6‎/‎5‎/‎2016 at 0:01 PM, Aum said:

hey if your still running the beta , can you check if they added rift items and creatures into the files?

 

They probably may not have included the actual creature templates, since people are not finding them. However probably the models on the client side. Perhaps same for pauldrons. Which would mean needing to mod new creatures and new items in and use the models, which would require a bit of experimenting to get the right mapping, example perhaps model.creature.rift.ogre or something. I heard the beta was a huge download so havnt messed with it yet, but I will try to take a look this week.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Xyp said:

 

They probably may not have included the actual creature templates, since people are not finding them. However probably the models on the client side. Perhaps same for pauldrons. Which would mean needing to mod new creatures and new items in and use the models, which would require a bit of experimenting to get the right mapping, example perhaps model.creature.rift.ogre or something. I heard the beta was a huge download so havnt messed with it yet, but I will try to take a look this week.

 

If you open the graphics jar, the mapping file is a plain text file in there, so should be pretty easy to figure out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Budda said:

 

If you open the graphics jar, the mapping file is a plain text file in there, so should be pretty easy to figure out.

Little update you'll might want to fix. I wasn't seeing them cause I've been running the 1.0.0.7 beta version and after seeing this post I decided to dig deeper. What I've discovered is the 1.0.0.7 download is not up to date with the 1.0.0.6 version. What all is not up to date with it? Not sure but I did discover after asking my self why is the steam version on my C drive graphics files which is version 1.0.0.6 all wom files and has the new models and why the 1.0.0.7 version on my d drive have all dae files and no new models from the rift system. So doing some testing cause I also keep a copy of the original WU graphic files on the side I was hoping by accident it was something I did but forgot about, this is not the case. 

 

I deleted the graphics jars in my D drive which is beta version 1.0.0.7 and had steam verify my files it redownloads the same out of date jar files so I'm like what? So I tell it to opt out of beta and re verify and I get the 1.0.0.6 version with the up to date jar files. Thinking it was a fluke I re opt into the beta 1.0.0.7 and sure enough the jars went back to out of date graphic packs. This is as far as I have went so far so is any other files out of date other than the graphics jars? Not sure at this point but you might want to double check it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Budda said:

 

If you open the graphics jar, the mapping file is a plain text file in there, so should be pretty easy to figure out.

Yep, should not be difficult just a bit of messing around, main point was it seems the templates aren't included, which is okie dokie, that's what us modders are for.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hmm Arkonick,

 

I totally believe you, I will be downloading the beta on my side machine today and will look just so I can scratch my head too lol.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I sorted out the pack issue. The WOMs will be back and rift assets will be in 1.0.0.7 when it goes live.

 

In fact there will likely be an update to the beta branch later today with those fixes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Keenan said:

The WOMs will be back and rift assets will be in 1.0.0.7 when it goes live.

 

Good to read that this is some prep for getting ready for cave buildings to come to WU. Hopefully this *soon* will be sooner than most.

 

=Ayes=

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i have been playing with Cave Dwellings for a while, in production version, hehehehehehe

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks Keenan for fixing the graphics jars so quickly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

THank you Keenan you are doing a fantastic job. It has to be difficult trying to do your code work, and keep it all organized for 2 versions of the game and get all the things right. You are human and the mistake was in a beta not the release so completely forgiven, thanks for fixing it!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now