Sign in to follow this  
Arium

Would you like to see the new render go live on the stable client on the 6th?

On 6/2/2016 at 10:16 PM, Ayes said:

That aside, I never use the Unstable Client and am not about to now to test this system. From the comments made within this thread I am glad that I am not using Unstable, as I have always waited for the Developers to do their job effectively before releasing it to the Stable main client. As long as this system is kept on the Unstable Client I have no problem with it and will depend upon the comments of the more daring players who venture there for a preview of what is hoped to be worked out effectively.

As Retrograde said, please do test the unstable client at least to see if it works for you at this point. You don't need to be using it all the time, just enough to see if it works or doesn't work. We're at the point now of testing all the different hardware configurations and getting it working for everybody, so if we tick off everything and push it live when you haven't tested it on your machine, there is a possibility of it not working at all. It may be a small possibility, but the only way we can make sure it works for you is if you test it now and let us know if it doesn't work (with details and crash logs etc).

This is directed at everyone who hasn't tested it yet. PLEASE test it, this is your chance to make sure the game will actually still run for you once we switch it over to live.

• Like 2

Still has horrible fps drop for me on unstable with an AMD card. I actually have a new comp on its way with an Nividia card. Hopefully the fps issues will be worked out soon and if nothing else not be an issue for me on the new rig. :)

On 6/2/2016 at 11:12 AM, Retrograde said:

As for testing it yourself, please do, there's absolutely zero way for you to know how it runs on your pc until you try it, it doesn't harm you in any way

I just downloaded it and tested it. Now all of my configuration of how I like my HUD, and all of my keybinds, are gone. I don't know what else got ruined. It took me forever to get all of my alts to have the same GUI configuration and all the same keybinds. I can't tell where this unstable client messed up my settings. Can someone please tell me where I can edit my GUI settings and keybinds, rather than one by one have to RESET all of my alts to have the same keybinds? And to have them not start with the entire GUI squeezed into a tiny corner at the top left? This game wastes enough of my time with grinds and decay and every other damn thing. I don't want to spend hours again getting all my alts the same. I am moving the GUI to where I want it, and when I relog with the same alt, it's all squeezed up into the corner again.

Ok I just wasted 38 minutes trying to fix this for one alt. I do not see where I can set a custom size for the startup window. And, it's not respecting when I tell it to start as 1280 x 800. It just starts tiny every time, which squeezes my GUI into a tiny corner.

The settings window takes forever to start up also.

As an update, I got the new comp and am now getting excellent results with the unstable client. Up from max 4 fps on deed at night with multiple colored lamps (AMD graphics card) to more like 40+ fps under same circumstances with new Nvidia 745 card. Am having an issue with it saving resolution and window sizing options however. But that is minor compared to how smooth things are running now!

I have been running the unstable client for a long time before version 4.xxxx. I have experienced just to many problems to use the unstable Client for normal game play.

So I switched to the stable version. I try the unstable Client every time I see some issues has been fixed with the hope that it is playable.

It is just to much to go through every post in the "Client Bugs" forum. I personally would like to see a consolidated list of know issues and

a list of fixed issues (or attempted fixes) in one single forum post. First price would be that it is displayed in the Client Welcome screen.

Just tested the new client renderer today for fun and it runs tons better.

90-144 FPS even in big villages on maxed out settings.

Not sure if this has been mentioned or not, way too much to read and no time but

the unstable client disconnects/reconnects you within 10 seconds ever so often - about once per hour of gameplay vs my regular client that does that once....per 6-7 months?

oh and -25% ish on FPS compared to stable (AMD HD6870) and lights are screwed up as always...no change there....I still don't know why you guys had to 'fix' the lighting when 1.0 launched - before that it was perfect

Edited by Thorakkanath