Sign in to follow this  
Keenan

Combative Situations

15 hours ago, Nadroj said:

That's cute, please add Nogumps to freedom so this guy can learn humility ^

Some of us... are insane enough to enjoy the thought of Nogumps in our life.

Have you accepted Nogump into your heart recently?

• Like 1

so just for grins, I took one of my non-fighting alts out for a spin.  80+ ql studded, 74ql 2h sword, with 50-60 power nimble & LT.  I now have 7 new troll clubs in my cart.  Couple of the venerables were tough and I had to drop my tent, just in case, but no deaths.  I had alts to heal me up after.  After 3-4 hours of goofing off with trolls, scorps and crocks, managed to go from 14FS to 35FS. 

In other games, I don't expect to take on level 70 critters when level 14 and win.  Not sure why anyone is complaining that things got a bit tougher. 

6 hours ago, Wurmhole said:

In other games, I don't expect to take on level 70 critters when level 14 and win.  Not sure why anyone is complaining that things got a bit tougher. 

In other games you wont see lvl 70 critters in the level 14 section ;) 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Wurmhole said:

so just for grins, I took one of my non-fighting alts out for a spin.  80+ ql studded, 74ql 2h sword, with 50-60 power nimble & LT.  I now have 7 new troll clubs in my cart.  Couple of the venerables were tough and I had to drop my tent, just in case, but no deaths.  I had alts to heal me up after.  After 3-4 hours of goofing off with trolls, scorps and crocks, managed to go from 14FS to 35FS. 

Not sure what you want, Wurmhole. Thus you're taking a newbie character, gearing it out with enchanted good-level gear, team it with a battery of nurses to heal any wounds - and then you complain it's too easy? :) Well, off course it is! Real new players don't run around with an ambulance full of doctors following them.

If your complaint is that gear is too powerful (compared to character and player skill) I'd even agree with you. Now try the same with level appropriate gear and without a mobile medical emergency team please. :)

• Like 1

The problem I have with Trolls is that at over 80 2Hand Sword skill with a 80-90 QL weapon most of my "hits" are "you miss with the 2hand sword" (or some such wording). Other fighting skills are comparably high with high body stats from years of playing. This is not interesting fighting nor rewarding for time put into the game to get to these levels. To put it bluntly this is boring and disappointing.

Open your combat tab sometime and watch what is happening. The only thing that saves me from the Trolls much more consistent hits on *me is high LT on my 2hander. Training combat skills in Wurm is counterproductive in results compared to other mob killing games where the better your skills the faster you kill them. The suggestion by some that they should be even harder (translates into taking longer) to kill seems strange and in opposition to other games as well.

Rifts are a better system to introduce harder to kill mobs since they are contained areas that those interested can venture to and participate within. The mobs that randomly roam the worlds should be very easy to kill for those who have either spent years in the game or specifically focused upon training their fighting skills up. I am not just talking about the "Fighting Skill" either but the associated skills which take longer to raise. Another reason why the fighting skill is not well balanced and adjusted in its effectiveness by those associated skills.

Fighting within Wurm is pretty pathetic really because of this and the open world spawning mobs with their one size fits all approach to create "danger" in the imaginations of some. I find them to just be a more frustrating nuisance than anything and not effectively killed quickly despite years within the game with the appropriate high skills and stats. Pity that much more the poor new immigrant to the game.

=Ayes=

• Like 1

On 5/31/2016 at 10:40 PM, Wurmhole said:

...And Keenan, can we roll back the fix and keep the bug/feature?  PvE should not mean PvN (player vs nothing).  Keep critters difficult on the higher end.  Yes, trolls were mostly deadly to new players before, but we learn from it and learn to run if need be.  I'm amazed anyone is complaining that the most difficult normal creature in PvE is now actually hard to fight.  I can understand receiving too much armor and weapon damage from a fight with them and maybe that could/should be addressed, but by golly, I want to feel my gem bags shrivel up when I see what should be a very hard creature to fight, then feel either the reward of victory or a bloody red haze.

In PvE, we can build houses, huge walls, guard towers and hire NPCs for fight our battles for us.  Why on earth do we need every critter in the wild to be easy mode?

I would like to request we take a poll - an official one and not player made - to ask our Freedom players if we should up the difficulty of the more difficult creatures in the game.

During the "bug" faze, I had one of my alts (Hashirama) enter a cave and get attacked by 2 trolls, a hell hound, 2 spiders and 1-2 lions.  I has Sotg and an nice LT spear.  Ended up finishing them all off and never had more than 25% damage.  With a non-Sotg alt, only at 72 FS and 40 weapon skill, I can still solo the trolls in "bug" mode.  It takes a day or two of fight grinding to hit 70 FS.

Should Freedom be easy mode on everything?

I beg 2 differ i have 66 fs and 43 longsword with a 90 ql weopon and 80 ql chain and one of those trolls owned me as i was speeding by on a fully enchanted equip horse at updwards of 24 kph. and they wernt even close a road away i barely made it out of there with 7 % of my health seeing red... and had to run for my life while these trolls were tagging me as there were many many more on that road going downhill..but if that isn't bugged i don't know what is..