Sign in to follow this  
DevBlog

WSA: Life Transfer bugfix

2 minutes ago, Audrel said:

Thanks for that news. 

You are welcome :)

Just now, Keenan said:

You are welcome :)

And yay for no restart needed! Even better. I can come out from under my bed. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Audrel said:

And yay for no restart needed! Even better. I can come out from under my bed. 

If there's food under there. I might join you.. I'm staaarving.

Just now, Keenan said:

If there's food under there. I might join you.. I'm staaarving.

Soon to be troll burgers. With buffalo cheese.

Thanks for sharing the information :)

Perhaps we can get this mentioned too...carts are still not following the terrain under them.  This makes it impossible to see the mobs around you.  Is this also on the list for bug fix and if so, how far up the list? I am reluctant to keep posting it in the bug section as I am told it has been listed before, but on the other hand would like to know the progress on this if possible.

• Like 1

Thanks Keenan and gang!  I'm sure I wasn't the only one looking at his armor and weapons and doing the :huh:  emoji.  

Extra bonus that the fix didn't mean a new client download or a server reboot!  :wub:

• Like 1

I guess I will keep posting this in the bug section then...

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Audrel said:

What about the extra damage trolls are doing by attacking every 1 or 2 seconds instead of every 6 to 8 seconds like they used to? Kicking, biting, and clubbing at the same instance sometimes. Parrying and dodging like a reed in the wind?

TBH I do like trolls beong stronger :) before they were like cats, you wouldnt need even armour to deal with them. I thought we were crying for stronger mobs to fight, and so we got it :) 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Fairyshine said:

I guess I will keep posting this in the bug section then...

I posted before on it and I do believe I was told it would be looked into. I haven't seen anything since. 

2 hours ago, bangzuvelis said:

TBH I do like trolls beong stronger :) before they were like cats, you wouldnt need even armour to deal with them. I thought we were crying for stronger mobs to fight, and so we got it :) 

I wouldn't be against stronger but 3 time faster attacks with a nearly impenetrable parry was a bit too hard. They were literally attacking up to 3 times in a single second and then once a second until they got the 3 move combo again. With a 2-hand sword, I attack every 6 seconds. I'm sure a huge axe or a large maul is even worse. It's not that they were any more powerful, they hit just as hard as they did before but they hit faster and dodged or parried more often. If their attack speed was made to match a huge maul, that would probably give them a little more beef. Even if the attacks came faster than they do now at the expense of being able to dodge and parry, that would be a bit tougher. 

Harder is fine if it is balanced more. Fast attacks and parries usually means smaller damage more often with lighter weapons and lighter armor. Death by 1000 paper cuts. :ph34r: That the cloth/leather with dual short sword gambit. I would get behind balanced harder for trolls any day.

• Like 1

On 30/5/2016 at 10:03 PM, MisterTeddy said:

The issue here (from what I'm gathering) seems to mostly be with things related to trolls that have been in game a while now:

> too much damage to equipment from their (mauling) hits, especially to shields

> too difficult to kill with regard to the reward (fighting / weapon skill gain too low; bison are better for fight skill while being much easier to kill)

I'd suggest fixing this in the same ways I have before:

> decrease damage to equipment and / or buff the benefit given from high repairing skill

> buff the fight skill gain given from killing trolls (the previous buff came before their combat abilities were buffed; they are out of balance again)

> make the club able to be improved and buff it to be a viable weapon, at least in PvE

How about informing people that archery is actually quite a great way to kill trolls?

Sign in to follow this