Sign in to follow this  
DevBlog

WSA: Life Transfer bugfix

WSA.png

On the update on the 24th an undocumented bug fix went live with it.

Life transfer now correctly heals based off the resulting damage dealt to opponents. This may result in reduced healing affect against opponents with higher armor protection. Apologies for not including it in the notes.

• Like 3

May result in a reduced healing effect? Trolls were easy for me before on my freedom alt, they now beat the crap out of me, lol.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, JakeRivers said:

May result in a reduced healing effect? Trolls were easy for me before on my freedom alt, they now beat the crap out of me, lol.

Maybe this has to do with it?

• Like 1

So, since the unwashed masses did notice, it's now documented.  lol

So I'm curious.  Was it hurting anyone?  Was anyone complaining about it?  Was it unbalancing the game?  Just why was this chosen to be changed....err "fixed?"

And not to derail, but since on pve, this change "fix" is most annoying with trolls, I'd like to request that you please look into the insane damage that trolls do to your equipment.  Having weapons and shields drop from over 80ql to under 60ql within a few days is becoming very tedious.  Living in troll country, I've really been giving thought to just start using disposable weapons and shields, especially now that there's yet another reason to not bother with having enchants.

Edited by Amadee

2 minutes ago, Amadee said:

Was it unbalancing the game?

Yes.

Also it was thought to had been included in the patch notes. No conspiracy theories needed, you'll have to find excitement somewhere else today. Thanks though :)

2 minutes ago, Keenan said:

you'll have to find excitement somewhere else today.

No need to be rude & insulting. They were legitimate questions I actually wanted to know.   If I want excitement I have better ways to do it.  :)

Edited by Amadee
  • Like 1

Just now, Amadee said:

No need to be rude. They were legitimate questions I actually wanted to know.   If I want excitement I have better ways to do it.  :)

Steam building is exciting. (okay, I lied. It's not. Horribly not exciting.)

LT95 shortsword dealing ~7-8 damage heals you 5

LT101 small axe dealing ~10-11 damage heals you about 7-8

LT60 huge axe dealing ~20 damage heals you about 7-9

change doesnt seem that significant

it will still keep you alive just fine

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Amadee said:

If I want excitement I have better ways to do it.  :)

Like playing a broken on a broken pvp server -_-

This is crap yet again years later a "bug" is fixed.

Hell have the balls to say it was felt it gave to much benefit.

• Like 2

oh whew!  I was getting worried that we would have a thread slip through the cracks without someone crying about how sad their pvp life is.

And for anyone surprised about Keenan making "abrupt" comments, he is just staying in character with his forum avatar ;)

• Like 3

43 minutes ago, Mclovin said:

Like playing a broken on a broken pvp server -_-

I wasn't all that broken. Maybe I could give you some tips? :)

All in all, the missing "damage" now is whatever the opponent's armor was to absorb. I also have absolutely nothing to say to people who complain about bug fixes, no matter when they happen. Bugs do not have a statute of limitations. If discovered, and if fixing it makes sense (as this did) then they will be fixed.

I appreciate the numbers being posted. Better feedback would be to give some feelings on how this change has affected hunting for you. Noticing it missing from patch notes actually came from me almost dying to a trolling situation on Exodus (go figure!) and I went to check to make sure the LT fix was in, and didn't see it in the notes. When I checked the build, it was certainly in there, and thus here we are. Notified. :)

Since trolls have a fairly decent natural armor, LT does seem to be a little weaker against them than I'd obviously like as a hunter. On the other hand, it just means more squishy creatures will work like cotton (which is what we used to do before anyway). All in all, it means I'm less likely to leave myself idling in the middle of the woods and let my LT huge axe keep me alive.

Anywho, I'm almost ready to push the newest WU beta. ;)

• Like 5

49 minutes ago, Wurmhole said:

oh whew!  I was getting worried that we would have a thread slip through the cracks without someone crying about how sad their pvp life is.

And for anyone surprised about Keenan making "abrupt" comments, he is just staying in character with his forum avatar ;)

He really does look grumpy in his avatar photo, reminds me of those grumpy cat meme's.

• Like 1

I had noticed no difference if it was not pointed out would not have known it was changed.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, JakeRivers said:

He really does look grumpy in his avatar photo, reminds me of those grumpy cat meme's.

It's the nose.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Keenan said:

All in all, the missing "damage" now is whatever the opponent's armor was to absorb. I also have absolutely nothing to say to people who complain about bug fixes, no matter when they happen. Bugs do not have a statute of limitations. If discovered, and if fixing it makes sense (as this did) then they will be fixed.

Shouldnt all bugs be treated with the same regard to be fixed... Perhaps some can be left for a while if you are dealing with other more important issues but in the long run all bugs are bugs after all.

On a related note, do you have any calculations based on the fix as to what you anticipate the changes to be? As of right now there is no way for us to actually test this since its now changed. Some people are saying it doesnt seem to be much of a difference or any at all, but bottom line is you did tweak something so could you tell us what the multiplier was and what it is now? Just so we know what kinda affect it can potential have.

Edited by MaurizioAM

The issue here (from what I'm gathering) seems to mostly be with things related to trolls that have been in game a while now:

> too much damage to equipment from their (mauling) hits, especially to shields

> too difficult to kill with regard to the reward (fighting / weapon skill gain too low; bison are better for fight skill while being much easier to kill)

I'd suggest fixing this in the same ways I have before:

> decrease damage to equipment and / or buff the benefit given from high repairing skill

> buff the fight skill gain given from killing trolls (the previous buff came before their combat abilities were buffed; they are out of balance again)

> make the club able to be improved and buff it to be a viable weapon, at least in PvE

• Like 3

another bullship that rolf dont know about it.... sad that devs just do what they want

and price of LT will went down... nerf everything!!!!

Edited by Sila

7 hours ago, Keenan said:

I wasn't all that broken. Maybe I could give you some tips? :)

I appreciate the numbers being posted. Better feedback would be to give some feelings on how this change has affected hunting for you. Noticing it missing from patch notes actually came from me almost dying to a trolling situation on Exodus (go figure!) and I went to check to make sure the LT fix was in, and didn't see it in the notes. When I checked the build, it was certainly in there, and thus here we are. Notified. :)

Since trolls have a fairly decent natural armor, LT does seem to be a little weaker against them than I'd obviously like as a hunter. On the other hand, it just means more squishy creatures will work like cotton (which is what we used to do before anyway). All in all, it means I'm less likely to leave myself idling in the middle of the woods and let my LT huge axe keep me alive.

Anywho, I'm almost ready to push the newest WU beta. ;)

What about the extra damage trolls are doing by attacking every 1 or 2 seconds instead of every 6 to 8 seconds like they used to? Kicking, biting, and clubbing at the same instance sometimes. Parrying and dodging like a reed in the wind?

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Audrel said:

What about the extra damage trolls are doing by attacking every 1 or 2 seconds instead of every 6 to 8 seconds like they used to? Kicking, biting, and clubbing at the same instance sometimes. Parrying and dodging like a reed in the wind?

...snarky response  ...  Oh that is a feature..not a bug...:)

Edited by Dorian
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, Audrel said:

26 minutes ago, Dorian said:

Oh that is a feature..not a bug...

Funny you should mention that...

[21:05:41] <Rizi> I have taken the steroids away from the trolls... and other creatures.

• Like 2

Sign in to follow this