Sign in to follow this  
LorenaMontana

Free path of insanity switch

Well champs are still 60% so switching from 30% to 0 would make a big differenc. But meh not sure, lets see how it goes.

Edited by Wulfgarr
  • Like 1

Most likely not, gone is used a lot more while hunting or tanking uniques or something, so it's always useful in pvp and pve, where path of power kills grinding outside of shield training, and hate while still good for pvp like gone is, isn't as useful because there isn't really a lot happening atm and it doesnt help much in pve.  I just mostly want to see what the overhaul is aimed at, and look into the paths again at that point for a potential switch

• Like 3

I'm going to switch to PoL for the healing bonus, more for testing than anything else.  Sotg prevents some damage, but also prevents the healing, while PoL only gives an advantage.  I think a 1v1 may prove better with PoL.  1vMany would certainly be much better with Sotg.  If I determine I was better off at Sotg, then I can always swap back.. the old way.  Already had a couple folks tell me I should stick with Sotg and they may be right.

• Like 3

Im unsure yet. I would like to see what the pvp overhaul brings into the mix before deciding. Path of insanity still has its place on the high point of the mantle but now with it being 30% reduction that opens up other paths a little bit as useable. There is still some love needed to all meditation paths though.

• Like 1

Probably will not be switching as PoK does offer some useful charms in both PvP and PbE.

• Like 2

They said they were going to look at the meditation paths more, so it seems kinda dumb to offer path switches now.  Then again, with how long it's probably going to take to implement whatever changes they claim to be discussing, we'll probably all have time to switch back to insanity, in the event they decide to give the path more than one ability that's actually useful.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Wurmhole said:

I'm going to switch to PoL for the healing bonus, more for testing than anything else.  Sotg prevents some damage, but also prevents the healing, while PoL only gives an advantage.  I think a 1v1 may prove better with PoL.  1vMany would certainly be much better with Sotg.  If I determine I was better off at Sotg, then I can always swap back.. the old way.  Already had a couple folks tell me I should stick with Sotg and they may be right.

I thought SotG didn't lower healing. I know it's supposed to, but it was my understanding that it was bugged and you received the same amount of healing as without it.

Edited by LaRue
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, LaRue said:

I thought SotG didn't lower healing. I know it's supposed to, but it was my understanding that it was bugged and you received the same amount of healing as without it.

Apparently the intention was to only block natural healing. Spells and such are unaffected by design.

Funny thing is, had they included all forms of healing from the start, it wouldn't have been nearly as powerful as it is. But instead they penalized an already insignificant form of healing and called it balance.

• Like 1

Does sotg lower healing received from LT attacks?

I probably wont switch anyway.

17 minutes ago, griper said:

Does sotg lower healing received from LT attacks?

I probably wont switch anyway.

Not as far as I know, which is why pre-nerf SotG was strictly superior to Healing Hands, since the 50% damage resist essentially gave you 50% more effective healing as well. As Fawkes said, if SotG had also reduced healing from all sources by 50%, it wouldn't have been so powerful, since it would be equivalent to gaining 50% more maximum hitpoints instead of 50% damage resist.

Edited by LaRue

People that don't have SoTG would still be screaming for nerfs LaRue. 

If people use FB/FA then 30% of the damage will come from those enchants anyways, giving power some DR and additionally +30 bstam.  A certain pvp WU server has fast path switches and it seems to be a fairly even split between sotg/hate/power there (myself being power), however power has more utility there due to traps and magic turrets actually being a threat. 

I'd say med path on WO would probably be based on player build now:

Mag/Nathan champ go power +25% dmg, element immune temp, +30 bstam, +60% DR
Other champs go hate +50% dmg temp, +2cr temp, spell immune, +60% DR
Mag/Nathan priest go insanity +25% dmg, +30% DR
Other priests go hate/insanity choose path based on preference
Non priests go hate/insanity choose path based on preference

Edited by Alexgopen