Sign in to follow this  
Retrograde

WSA: Guide to rift gear

Thank you Rolf and CC for this wonderful new rift content.  Shutting down the rift today actually felt like a fun community event.  I was able to play in a group setting and not have to worry about private or public player run loot lottery.  I hope CC considers redoing Unique loot distribution, as I feel it causes discord in the the collective community.  

Edited by Galatyn
  • Like 6

how are the gems affected when the jewelry item they are socketed to is used? Do they loose ql?

Edit: thanx for the info, it's going to be useful for players to know what these new items can do for us.:)

Edited by Bludragon
wanted to add a thanx :)

If nonrepairable, I hope the drops are increased a little bit. Two rifts left me with a single shoulder pad... its going to be hell to get the matching one (of the opposite side) and if they then decay and poof it's gonna be a real bummer!

" Star versions have an increased effect. "

How much?

+25%?

+200%?

comeon, be a bit more specific.

1 hour ago, Zekezor said:

" Star versions have an increased effect. "

How much?

+25%?

+200%?

comeon, be a bit more specific.

At least 1, no more than a lot.

JK lol. Normal gems get 0-50, star gems are 50-100 based on QL.

• Like 3

Maybe* I will start to sell some of the gems that I have hoarded for years then.

=Ayes=

Do the pauldrons stack with themselves?

Seems to make native sense that they would, and it'd vastly increase the effect, else mismatching pauldrons would be overly powerful.

5. Ring of stealth detection. Improves chances of detecting stealthed players

looks like stealth isn't going to be fixed boys
step in the wrong direction.

( at least if you 'detect' a player make it so they're not in your local still )

Edited by Stik
poor mans formatting

You're literally the only person i know who thinks stealth is "broken". It's complex how it works and maybe a bit stupid at times but it isn't "broken and needing to be fixed" O.o

13 minutes ago, Nadroj said:

You're literally the only person i know who thinks stealth is "broken". It's complex how it works and maybe a bit stupid at times but it isn't "broken and needing to be fixed" O.o

Not giving at least an indication that someone sees you is just a bad feature. Not broken, persay. And I know it's been that way forever, I think that it should at least have some indication that you can rely on - or at least be much harder to detect a player.
Generally I saw 3 out of like 5 people most times when we were doing our old stealth traps and it was so dodgy. Everyone knows I don't have high characteristics as well so seeing people so consistently who I know have higher (body control?) was meh as well.

IMO it was a great way to setup kills as a smaller kingdom if implemented differently.
As for the 'complete invisibility' thing they wanted to avoid. Like I said, even if it just makes your character visible to someone who gets so close.

To be fair though, last time I saw stealth used I'm pretty sure it worked almost-flawlessly despite there being many people on our side, right up until you guys were ontop of us.
6K06bIQ.jpg

skyrim-detected-t-shirt.png

edit: also i believe typing unstealths you, maybe dont type next time

Edited by Alexgopen

On ‎5‎/‎29‎/‎2016 at 5:08 AM, cybaru said:

Does gem ql affect anything?

How do I attach a gem to a ring?

Still kicking myself for using a 94ql star sapphire to make a gemmed staff just two weeks before this was released.

And I had been saving that gem for months till I got a rarity staff! :P

A bit confused about pauldrons.

Do they take damage when I casually wear them (aka do they lose quality, hour by hour, whatever) OR do they only take damage in combat?

I'm too afraid to try :unsure:

Any further info on this? Like what do inspiration bracelets do, or what do the fist bracelets do? How can we equip the bracelets? Doesnt fit in either arm or ring slot currently.

are the rings work in WO???

tried a 50ql ring with a 20ql sapphire and no effect icon appeared.

On 5/29/2016 at 8:10 AM, Bittereinder said:

What does the 'bracelet of inspiration, seryll' do?

If there was a response to this post, I missed it.  I still haven't seen any info on this other than it's bugged.  Something about going in the hand slot.

so which one of these does the soul stealer necklace do? the description just says: A heavy necklace carrying a white pendant representing Seris.

1. Increases fighting skill gain 

2. Increases improve skill max 

3. Reduces hurting time 

4. Increases chance to focus 

5. Replenishment, reduces food and drink consumption

my only soul stealer necklace has this:

2. Increases improve skill max

Displayed hovering above status effect icon.

Edited by Jaz

I am not sure with many rifts items. I bought socketed ring i try use after several days icon effect disappear, shows name depleted socketed ring and on ring examine: [17:15:37] This ring has a socket for a gem. You could add a gem in the empty socket. The source within is depleted. So this ring is one shot use? Can i recharge it? Or must every 2 days insert gem? According some runes with priest spell which is one shot is like joke. Dont know which crazy head have this idea have rune with one shot light token. If there will be 1 cast per day, it get some sence, but some runes are forever and some one shot?

Edited by ftoz

On 8/11/2016 at 6:38 AM, bigsteve said:

are the rings work in WO???

tried a 50ql ring with a 20ql sapphire and no effect icon appeared.

what does wrote on examine? if depleted maybe ring is death and one shot used. its quite bad if there is fake info from devs. I try wear ring without gem and get icon improved skillgain.

Edited by ftoz

51 minutes ago, ftoz said:

what does wrote on examine? if depleted maybe ring is death and one shot used. its quite bad if there is fake info from devs. I try wear ring without gem and get icon improved skillgain.

Added a 99QL Emerald to a blessed Socket Seryll Ring and on Examine,

[09:40:32] This ring has a socket for a gem. It has an emerald inserted in the socket. It bears an aura of bigsteve. It can not be improved.

On 29/05/2016 at 11:36 AM, Budda said:

That's a bug, will be fixed soon.

You know we still can't wear bracelets. Soon isn't very soon :(

• Like 3