Sign in to follow this  
MaurizioAM

Money sink sorcery item removal token

Create a token purchased through traders for 25 silver to have the ability to remove 1 sorcery item. The expense is enough to deter people from trying to create a profit from doing so.. But it would allow the ability to change things such as titles or resistances. Or even possibly carry them over to anothrr toon that you may own.

This would create the ability for players to manage their toons and it would also create a needed money sink. 

• Like 1

It would have to remain bound to the character, or it will really mess with the value of sorcery.  Suddenly people are pulling top sorc items and reselling the most prized ones, crushing the market for any new charges that drop.

33 minutes ago, Wurmhole said:

It would have to remain bound to the character, or it will really mess with the value of sorcery.  Suddenly people are pulling top sorc items and reselling the most prized ones, crushing the market for any new charges that drop.

By this point the value for each item is already pretty much set.. A token to remove 1 sorcery item at a time would create a money sink... Make it 50 silver so that the main purpose remains personal vs trying to benefit. At that rate people would not be removing the items to try and sell them and it will have no ill impact on the new sorcery items.

I kind of see a point to this and I do not.

Why would anyone want to remove a sorcery item from their account? Unless they goofed and ended up putting it on a wrong account. Or they acquired an account and want to pass the sorcery item from it to their main toon without paying market prices for it. Granted my view is pretty limited.

If its due the bound and compounded titles - 

I suggested that a few days ago and it would much easier to just unbind the titles and compound titles for our selection, in case you feel like a necromancer one day or worgmaster the next.

14 hours ago, Saicotic said:

I kind of see a point to this and I do not.

Why would anyone want to remove a sorcery item from their account? Unless they goofed and ended up putting it on a wrong account. Or they acquired an account and want to pass the sorcery item from it to their main toon without paying market prices for it. Granted my view is pretty limited.

If its due the bound and compounded titles - 

I suggested that a few days ago and it would much easier to just unbind the titles and compound titles for our selection, in case you feel like a necromancer one day or worgmaster the next.

I was thinking more along the lines of resistance and weaknesses. You might want a certain build today but something different tomorrow. 

A token to be able to remove and reuse? No lol

I could get behind a money sink item that removes it and that's all, none of this reuse business though.

+/-1

• Like 3

Aye not too crazy about the re-use part.

Personally either no re-use or a low chance of re-use.

There is no reason not to be able to re use the item. This game is not all about putting money in players pockets and thats the reason why people will be against reusing an item of value. 

The money sink is for removing ever growing currency from the game back into code club ab pockets which is needed... It also allows players to have control of items they out on their toons that can actually hurt them if they decide to play a little differently or if and when weapon damages get changed/tweakes and a new meta is born. 

The item was bought or obtaines somehow and there is no reason it cannot be moved by spending 50silver on a 1 time use item.

The money that you can make IRL has made this games community one of the greediest ive ever played with. 

• Like 1

You can still have the money sink without reusing

If an item is obtained by purchase or loot there is no reason why the item should not be reuseable. The idea of not being able to resued is to only benefit the sellers and does nothing else for the game.

To benefit all parties CCAB, the player, the sellers, the buyers... The ability to buy a item with a special use power of 1 to remove your choice of sorcery for whatever reason you desire is needed. I will look from outside the box from a sellers prosepctive and i will say that ok perhaps a small chance the sorcery item does not stay intact.. A 25% chance of failure of an intact removal.

This would benefit the player by allowing him/her customization ability.

This would benefit CCAB for being the only ones able to supply this item purchased from traders for 25 - 50 silver.

The chance of failure benefits the sellers as an item removed from market.

And lastly the ability if success alao benefits buyers as there remains another sorcery item intact that may potentially be sold.

Everything we do in this game ahould not always revolve around someone making self profits from it. In this scenario everyone has a chance to benefit from it. A gamble of sorts except for 1 of the parties who is the only one that should benefit from it for sure and that is the game itself.

Why should the 'economy' be considered at all, there are plenty of us that do not buy or sell these items, the items "crumble" upon use it is gone and it is now part of that account that used it. If you decide it was a bad idea to use it and would like it removed you could get a money sink item to undo the damage, not to mini/maxi your profit margins by getting it back to reuse.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, MaurizioAM said:

The money that you can make IRL has made this games community one of the greediest ive ever played with. 

Just a note: on epic this is not the case, our economy is almost non existant and we are not greedy.

If u talk about freedom cluster, i dunno, never set foot there but i assume u mean that with this comment?

20 hours ago, MaurizioAM said:

I think it's not the money made IRL that makes folk greedy, but the thought of being able to play the game without paying.  Some folks just want that lovely 11 silver a month to keep their microdeed fed and their premium up.

+1 to this idea, more chance of a black tome making its way to me.

10 hours ago, SmeJack said:

Why should the 'economy' be considered at all, there are plenty of us that do not buy or sell these items, the items "crumble" upon use it is gone and it is now part of that account that used it. If you decide it was a bad idea to use it and would like it removed you could get a money sink item to undo the damage, not to mini/maxi your profit margins by getting it back to reuse.

Why shouldnt the player with the item be able to mini/maxi thier investment? The items in most cases are not free so what other reason is there not to be able to reuse the item other then to benift sellers directly and only. 

I have givem reasons as to how my suggestion can have benefits for all parties because i choose to have an open mind about things. Yet you are against it with no real reasoning at all. No examples to why it shouldnt be because of some wording displayed while eaten. The item crumbles but the relic bought to remove the power obsorbs it.. All better.

2 hours ago, LorenaMontana said:

Just a note: on epic this is not the case, our economy is almost non existant and we are not greedy.

If u talk about freedom cluster, i dunno, never set foot there but i assume u mean that with this comment?

Yea im speaking more about freedom in terms of community and money. Epic is a much different place in terms of selling for profits. 

Just because you don't like my reasons doesn't mean they don't exist lol.

Inb4 an entire kingdom buys one of these items and uses it to pass on a key.... there will be a new god for everyone! \o/

Some things just aren't needed no matter how much you want to say they should be in because of money.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SmeJack said:

Just because you don't like my reasons doesn't mean they don't exist lol.

Inb4 an entire kingdom buys one of these items and uses it to pass on a key.... there will be a new god for everyone! \o/

Some things just aren't needed no matter how much you want to say they should be in because of money.

So if your reasons exist list them as i have and why you feel your pros outway mine. My suggestion takes into consideration the enture game community with money sink benefits geared toward code club AB. 

Your worried about a key being passed around? If thats the case my suggestion was only targeting powers you gain from the sorcery items, a relic of sorts being used to absorb the power with a chance of failure removing the ability for good. 

I have been listing them you just don't care to hear them.

A key is a sorcery item (potentially up to three).

My counter suggestion carries the same benefit to CC.

Thats enough circles for me now, I've said my piece.

56 minutes ago, SmeJack said:

I have been listing them you just don't care to hear them.

A key is a sorcery item (potentially up to three).

My counter suggestion carries the same benefit to CC.

Thats enough circles for me now, I've said my piece.

Im the one actually listening so its quite visa versa.

And your worries of a sorcery item is not an ability. Its just an item. The relic would not work on just the item alone it would work on removing the ability and everything along with that ability, resistance/vulnerability/karma ability. 

Your suggestion carries only a benefit to CC and sellers only. There are plenty of other money sinks that can be added for soloy CC benefits but that is another discussion. 

Again my suggestion addes benefits that gives an ability for all parties to benefit vs only 2. 

Sorcery came out as this mysterious and cool thing and it was permanent, so unlike things like changing priests every couple months or being able to change med paths freely, it exactly what it says on the tin, it's permanent.  It's a decision that marks the account forever, and isn't just a use whatever flavor is best this month thing, and reusing via money sink just promotes unhealthy for the game pay to win metas because believe me there are people weird enough to waste money on this

Being able to remove and reuse used tomes just utterly destroys any ounce of uniqueness that tomes offer.  I care more about game mechanics and uniqueness and things being actually cool and mean something than selling things for money in a video g a m e, so sorry -1 to reusing.  dunno about removing yet

• Like 2

3 hours ago, MrGARY said:

Sorcery came out as this mysterious and cool thing and it was permanent, so unlike things like changing priests every couple months or being able to change med paths freely, it exactly what it says on the tin, it's permanent.  It's a decision that marks the account forever, and isn't just a use whatever flavor is best this month thing, and reusing via money sink just promotes unhealthy for the game pay to win metas because believe me there are people weird enough to waste money on this

Being able to remove and reuse used tomes just utterly destroys any ounce of uniqueness that tomes offer.  I care more about game mechanics and uniqueness and things being actually cool and mean something than selling things for money in a video g a m e, so sorry -1 to reusing.  dunno about removing yet

Please shed some light on this uniqueness you feel it adds vs people having an option to remove it with a chance to reuse it if the 25% chance of failure does not win the outcome?

Being able to remove it with the chance to reuse it while paying heavily will not have any affect on any Meta other then the fact you have full ability to do things to your account. A relic removing this ability with a chance to store the power would add another form of uniqueness dont you think?

Fact is CCAB can benefit from this now while these items are still fairly early on in life because in a year to 3 down the road im willing to bet just about everyone has most if not all sorcery items on their toons. And epic probably a bit faster then freedom because correct me if im wrong but epic does have a few more opportunities then freedom to obtain such items? So that means in the long run both our points become moot, but we are in the present where again many parties can gain benefits from this kind of relic making it into the game.