Sign in to follow this  
neofit

How to make a pond

Hi,

I am trying to make a pond on my deed, for instance:

aaa.jpg

But I want some vegetation in it. I can replace the sand with dirt, but then I cannot plant any reeds because it is too deep and digging will remove them if I try to plant them at a lower height then increase it. I cannot plant flowers either because "it is too wet" and they will disappear if I raise it to plant then dig again.

Any tricks?

Thanks.

Depth for many things is checked by the north west corner of a tile, you might be able to play with that to get the desired effect.

• Like 1

consider moss?  I have not tried this, but I bet if you raise it up, dirt it, then plant moss, then (very slowly) dig it back down.  I think it takes about 70 actions +/- to drop moss by 1 dirt.

Make sure to plant some weeping willows nearby, it looks awesome.

I don't know where to find moss yet, and before I go spend time looking for it, then perform hundreds of actions to lower it below water level, does anyone know if it will be "dredgeable"? The normal underwater digging depth is too shallow to make a nice looking pond

I removed the wrong information here. I was thinking in terms of Marsh being able to be dug down for dirt.

=Ayes=

Edited by Ayes

Planting reed would do nothing, there is a difference between wild reed and planted reed, last one will grow, ripe and rot like crops do, so you would need to replant it every few other days; also the look isn't the same.

A friend of mine has run some tests and saw that the reed grew (back) and spread by itself.

Don't know how to make it grow there in the first place thou.

Hm, I don't remember now really, maybe it was kelp? It's that little lake near your tar, Taki did some testings.

Hm, I think you are right, it was kelp that one. He posted a screenie I think but that was last year.

Marsh would look good in the pond! But is there any way to plant it? Usually you try to get rid of it.

I am not sure why they don't let us plant moss and other things at shovel level anyway. There is one thing you can do is plant a tree or bush on the tile then dig it down and the tree/bush will be there and the grass too. 

Edit: I guess enchanted grass would work out the best if you can manage that. 

Edited by Kegan

Kegan beat me to it. I have created a green moat around a building with Enchanted grass. It is dredgable and stays as enchanted grass.

Moss doesn't work, 100+ digs and the corner didn't drop.

Enchanted grass does work. It's a shame that it's the only solution, as at a rate of a tile per day it will take forever.