Sign in to follow this  
bdew

Possible future imping for food

Noticed something interesting in Actions class, this was added in one of the latest patches:

public static final short BOTANIZE_SPICES = 720;
public static final short MAKE = 721;
public static final short DICE = 722;
public static final short SLICE = 723;
public static final short MINCE = 724;
public static final short CURE = 725;
public static final short MASH = 726;

Sounds to me like actions for imping food. Also some kind of new spices?

• Like 2

+1 to bdew for finding this.

And Rolf said he wouldn't include things that aren't already discovered in wo.... silly guy

you'd think botanize herbs would let you botanize for just "spices". Maybe some of the current herbs won't be spices.

Those could be food preparation steps. For example, you'd do a mash action on potato to get mashed potatos. Normally in cooking we do some kind of preparation to whole foods as a precursor to cooking the food.

slice pumpkin

mince rosemary

mill salt

mix and make those three to get ...

http://www.food.com/recipe/grilled-pumpkin-with-rosemary-and-sea-salt-468653

Could also be things that were started and scratched, just legacy code. Example if you notice in the database theres sections for nicotine, but theres no tobacco in game.

Seems to be too many actions for imping, usually imping is 5 items, example pelt, whetstone, water, hammer, lump. Or mallet, log, file, pelt, carving knife. Sure there is the exception of stone cutting that is just stone chisel and rock shard, but everything else is generally 5 items. Leather awl, scissors, leather knife, leather, needle. Cloth cloth, scissors, needle, water(cloth is only 4 items or I am forgetting something?).

Though these are high action numbers, so should be more recent. Maybe either a new food system, which has been suggested in the past is being worked on that would require like chopping onions etc to make different types of meals which have different effects (example meat and potatoes would give +1 body str for one hour).

Then again, and would be so cool, but I am not counting on it, preparation of new methods, actions, etc for the official mod support to allow us to create awesome things?

Could be so many possibilities, a really cool find, I love things that make me go hmmmm

Edited by Xyp

I hope the system stays open-ended like it is now. I don't want to see more things like Risotto where a player's creative freedom is limited. 

Risotto is more of a technique than a dish. Once you get a feel for the basic steps of making the risotto, toasting the rice, and adding in the broth a scoop at a time, a whole world of dishes opens up. You can add caramelized onions, ribbons of swiss chard, bits of sausage, wild mushrooms from the farmers market, or any other combination of flavors and textures suits your fancy. You can even play around with using grains other than rice for making the risotto itself.

Obviously a system like in the quote is a great deal more complicated to code then A + B = C (rice + fish fillet = Risotto).

I'd bet "no way" if wagering if Wurm (well Tich in this case) will be adding things to make it easier for WU modders to mod.While it's probably just paranoia, but when I was modding cave dwellings to remove various restrictions I kept asking myself if someone intentionally tried to make it harder to alter cave dwellings.

On 6/13/2016 at 4:57 AM, Xyp said:

Could also be things that were started and scratched, just legacy code.

I'm pretty sure it appeared in one of the last patches. Don't have access to my repository with all the changes to check at the moment tho.

It's also the highest action ids (among the "normal" actions) so i'm pretty sure it's new/unfinished stuff.

From the weekly news:

Something's Cooking
We've hinted and teased at the next big update being cooking, and all that comes with it. It's still a few months away, but I've managed to drag Tich away from the kitchen to discuss it a bit in next weeks news, so stay tuned!

looking forward to finding out what is coming, adding a new cooking option + new crop = awesome

Or, be like me, and go path of love with an alt character and never eat a meal again!

That works, unless the server owner nerfs how refreshed you will be by PoL (like on the server where I play)