Sign in to follow this  
Huntar

Most efficient way of grinding Fine Carpentry?

If I recall correctly, skill progression in WU is made through number of actions instead of item difficulty, this is of course easy for things like carpentry and blacksmithing as you can grind out small nails and shafts like nobodies business, but I've an interest in FC at the moment with no quick way of grinding without improving countless decorations.

In WO this was relatively easy, as you could improve some of the higher-end decorations for that difficulty skill gain, however I think it's more difficult on WU now considering that difficulty progression is no longer a mechanic, and that, to my knowledge, there is no existing object with a less than 2s action timer that can be ground out as easily as nails and shafts.

Anyone know of a trick to this?

Edited by Huntar

You can just spam creat one of the item that uses the least mats, like some thing with small nails and shaft.

I personally made a ton of small barrels.  You never have enough small barrels. 

ARCHERY TOWERSSSSSSSSSSSSs

im like 99 fine carp or something just do it

If you have a lot of spare planks and shafts you can make a lot of unfinished rope tools in the hopes that one goes rare, I haven't tried it myself but have heard it works well. You can probably dispose of them easily by burning in forges too.

1 hour ago, Alexgopen said:

ARCHERY TOWERSSSSSSSSSSSSs

im like 99 fine carp or something just do it

Can't do archery towers till like 40 though

Rope tools are great since if something goes rare it is worth something.  I have found imp'ing larger items such as crates, wood house walls, shrines etc to be faster though.

38 minutes ago, Pashka said:

Rope tools are great since if something goes rare it is worth something.  I have found imp'ing larger items such as crates, wood house walls, shrines etc to be faster though.

Crates and house walls are carpentry, not fine carpentry. I'll try the rope tool spamming, see how that works.

create, and imp rope tools. make about a 100~ or so. When at max ql you can make, toss like 10 in a forge, wait till like 60 dmg, repair, toss back in until its like 20ql, re-imp and repeat this until your at a high fc to do other things like spamming fancy chairs etc.

• Like 1

So in this case it is pretty much like in WO then?

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Cecci said:

So in this case it is pretty much like in WO then?

Sort of, though the quicker an action the more skill you gain vs WO's longer actions that give more skill. Where skiller tools remain relevant in WO, they're pretty much non-existant/useless in WU as anything with WOA and COC reigns supreme. 

Long story short, you can grind from 30-70 BSing by mass producing nails just because of the action timer (I play on Wyvern so timer is a bit faster)

What I was curious of is if there was any equivalent of mass producing shafts/planks for FC, something that yields the quickest action timer for the fastest skill gain.

Edited by Huntar

Lots more items that are large with fine carp.  Such as wagons and carts and shrines.  I did misread and thought they were looking for plain carp instead.

Fine carpentry has no 1 action creation items using the crafting window, which makes creation a poor way to attempt to raise the skill. Because of this I find that improving small barrels works very well to raise FC as usually the imping timers are not more than 2 seconds on the WU servers that I play on.

=Ayes=

hokay, So spam creating Coal-piles is a poor way too.,