Sign in to follow this  
RoseOfTheRaven

Updated Server..World is now broken.

So I recently updated my Wurm Unlimted Server and Client from 1.0.0.4 to 1.0.0.6 (the latest). I hadn't played in a while due to work and finally got some downtime. To my dismay, upon logging in I discovered that my entire world was ruined. It was as if someone slammed their hand down on my land and skewed it to poo.. 

This is really, really upsetting because I can not begin to tell you the hours, days, months I had put into making my spot perfect. (I play alone too..) To log in and have huge cliffs to either side of you is horrid..and then to climb to the only flat area to see that said cliffs extend everywhere..yeah. I really don't want to scrap my world but I am out of options. If there is anyone out there...who has a solution to save my world it would be appreciated beyond words. 

Photos below....

Spoiler

wurm.20160526.1730_zpswpkuyd9e.png

wurm.20160526.1740_zpsr8bnb3bv.png

wurm.20160526.1739_zpsqsydfomm.png

Please help..

Looks like some kind of corruption in the map data.

I assume that you don't have earlier backups?

If you can zip up your world folder and upload it somewhere - i'm willing to take a look, but the chances that it's fixable are pretty low.

• Like 1

On 5/27/2016 at 9:51 PM, bdew said:

Looks like some kind of corruption in the map data.

I assume that you don't have earlier backups?

If you can zip up your world folder and upload it somewhere - i'm willing to take a look, but the chances that it's fixable are pretty low.

I had a backup on my husband's computer but it seems he deleted it :/ I will upload it to dropbox so you can check it out.

Your top layer map data is completely FUBAR, the file size is wrong, and it looks like this...

k1iSGJb.png

I don't think this is salvageable, sorry.

You could try replacing just the map from the original - this will revert all the teraforming you had done, but will let you keep your characters, items and structures (which might look completely broken since they will be on un-flattened terrain).

Other than that the only thing i can recommend to everybody is to keep good and often backups of your stuff, whether it's bugs, hardware failure or the power going out at the wrong moment - loosing important data is way too easy.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, bdew said:

-snip-

You could try replacing just the map from the original - this will revert all the teraforming you had done, but will let you keep your characters, items and structures (which might look completely broken since they will be on un-flattened terrain).

Oh dang..no clue how that could have happened, I'll try replacing the map as you said. Thanks for looking into this for me.

that map corruption happened to Desolation a few weeks ago,

no idea how it occured,

Desolation is Server hosted Nappy thinks the host did something with the server resources the corrupted the map.