Sign in to follow this  
Xantoria

Server connection denied- Asking only use 'a' to 'z' characters

Hi folks,

After a long break I am hoping to play WU again. Got my server up and running (at least I hope so) and once I actually choose to connect to it from my LAN section it goes into ah so promising loading screen, even loads a bit and then all the sudden I get the message- ''Connection denied, please use only a to z characters in your name''.

I am rather confused about this, since I am a returning player, and had no issues before and also |I don't think I can even change my name externally 'just like that'. Would hate to loose my progress if I had to wipe out the server. Any comments and suggestions would be appreciated. ThanksĀ 

Have accidently added a space at the end of your charaters name on the WU log in screen? Or even a number?

Fair enough, had such a long break from WU, could not remember what's my server name and what's the character name. Ahh, the stupidity rules again.

Anyways, bigsteve, thanks anyway

Do you have keyboard setting on the pc set to US or Canada. Cus if set to Canadian it may switch to French Canadian and you get e with that thingy on top ect