Sign in to follow this  
Yaga

Remove Epic spawn messages from PvE event tab and twitter

We all see them many times a day in our event tab and on twitter - messages like these:

Vynora brings the Spawn of Uttachas.

Some Spawn of Uttacha arrive.

Libila brings the Eaglespirits.

Some Eaglespirit arrive.

Fo sends forth the Drakespirits.

Some Drakespirit arrive.

Libilas followers now has the attention of the mountain spirits.

Magranon summons the Sol Demons.

Some Sol Demon arrive.

Vynora sends forth the Deathcrawler minions.

Some Deathcrawler minion arrive.

They are spamming the event tab on all Freedom servers, and they also do so in the Freedom twitter channels.

These messages are directed to Epic players. Playing on a Freedom PvE server I simply don't care about these events and I feel annoyed by that kind of event tab and twitter channel spamming!  Please remove them from the Freedom PvE servers (or make them optional) and the Freedom tweets.

• Like 4

They do affect the freedom cluster. They spawn on chaos.

• Like 2

Then have the messages show on Chaos but not PvE. It's easy enough to do server-specific messages; we see it with unique spawns and founded/disbanded deeds all the time.

+1 to this. Every single newbie is also asking on chat what does that mean and do we all die now.

also let's you know to check for new missions since one has completed.  I like seeing the messages

• Like 1

Let it be optional, I can see the situation where some wants these but many PVE people does not ever need the info.

Being optional would be a great solution. But i dont think the devs have anything set up cureently to make it an option. They would most likely have to make a system allowing players to tuen off and on what they want to see.

Making it optional would work for event tab, but not for twitter unfortunately.

I like seeing them because it marks a new mission started but I see Yaga's point that he doesn't. But, I came to say Chaos is in the Freedom cluster and they need them. I don't play there but, I'm sure the warning helps save backsides. LOL

The warning really helps a shitton yeah, i remember back in the days when i was woodcutting as one of the only people on the server online, when i saw a message that said that drakespirits or nogumps would spawn I would run like a ###### to a mine. I'm not sure how they work nowadays but back in the days they spawned on players.

1 hour ago, LorenaMontana said:

The warning really helps a shitton yeah, i remember back in the days when i was woodcutting as one of the only people on the server online, when i saw a message that said that drakespirits or nogumps would spawn I would run like a ###### to a mine. I'm not sure how they work nowadays but back in the days they spawned on players.

But that's on Epic (or Chaos?)! Here on the PvE servers they don't help us at all, so why do we have to see them?

Edited by Yaga

7 hours ago, Audrel said:

I like seeing them because it marks a new mission started but I see Yaga's point that he doesn't. But, I came to say Chaos is in the Freedom cluster and they need them. I don't play there but, I'm sure the warning helps save backsides. LOL

Does that mean you guys get a double dose of messages? We only get the attention one when a god is about to move which takes 6 missions or 3 days minimum so not every mission. I know you guys see that but you also get messages from your own cluster for every mission? I find it strange since your missions don't move gods perhaps it's coincidence if you aren't getting your own event spam

1 hour ago, SmeJack said:

Does that mean you guys get a double dose of messages? We only get the attention one when a god is about to move which takes 6 missions or 3 days minimum so not every mission. I know you guys see that but you also get messages from your own cluster for every mission? I find it strange since your missions don't move gods perhaps it's coincidence if you aren't getting your own event spam

I see the attention. I had always assumed they come with the completion of a mission since they appear to coincide. I don't know how the god moves even work. :-)

8 hours ago, Yaga said:

But that's on Epic (or Chaos?)! Here on the PvE servers they don't help us at all, so why do we have to see them?

True

+1 for this suggestion 

• Like 1