Sign in to follow this  
Wurmhole

Surface mining in Climb mode

Ok, I'm listing this as a bug, because it is frustrating as heck and can't possibly be "intended".  If this kind of thing is intentional, then Rolf/Devs hate us.

I am making a surface canal and mined out the bottom edge to just the right amount, the climb mode up the slope, to do some surface mining up above, to smooth out the harsh edge.  While in climb mode, I stay put, even when stam is gone, so long as I don't try moving.  I can mine like this for hours, but sometimes, for unknown reasons, climb turns off and I drop to the water.  I can kind of live with the drop, as a hazard of climbing, but what I consider the "bug" is that I am continuing to mine as I fall down the mountain.  Inevitably, I succeed all too frequently in mining out some shards, in exactly the worst places, such as impossible to concrete places and the entire project gets ruined.  Like Completely botched.  No choice but to scrap weeks of planning and working to create just the right look.

Possible solutions:

1. If characters never move, Don't Drop them out of climb mode.

2. If not #1 above, then please make it so all mining actions stop if moving.

3. If not #1 or #2, then make concrete sticky, so it won't slide down 40+ slopes like dirt.  In RL, they have been making concrete that can be plastered onto vertical surfaces for ages.  Why does Wurm concrete only work on 40 and under slopes?

Finally, is there some intended reason for falling out of climb mode & somehow still mining on the way down?  Maybe that is the ultimate macho miner in action, but I think most of us are more like Zoolander and not tough enough to drop 10 stories and keep swinging our picks.

• Like 1

+1 for 1.   or/and

+1 for 2.   or/and

+1 for 3.

I had similar problem in past and it is really annoying, how easily it can go wrong, while it is impossible to repair.

If reason for slope limit using concrete is PvP, keep limit in PvP. But in PvE let us show our creativity, please.

Edited by Zakerak
  • Like 2

-1 for option 2

The rest are good but you would make a lot of PvP deed building impossible to work with rock and irrepairable if you couldn't move while mining 

Edited by Alexgopen

Nug? I have no idea what you are saying 

Anyways it's not a bug for your climbing to cease when you're out of stamina.  Maybe should be considered a bug for your climbing to continue indefinitely in that case because the way the code works is it rolls based on your climbing skill when your stam is below a certain point to see if you stop climbing or not 

Tbh this fallacious suggestion belongs in the suggestions forum, not bug reports 

Edited by Alexgopen

+1 for cement to be free of slope restrictions on Freedom.

• Like 1