Sign in to follow this  
Revelation

Not gaining skill. [No Bug]

The issue occurs on a freemium alt I have, every once in a while my alt just stops gaining digging skill, still sub-20 btw.

the skill will highlight green in the Skills window, but in the skills tab nothing is shown, in the skills window the number does also not change to reflect the skillgain.

Once this happens it persists until I restart the client however the skill I should have gained does not reappear, it is lost forever. 

Will post a YT vid later showing the problem as well.

did you try to set in settings to show all skillgains not only integers?

If the skill tracker flashes green you most likely is getting the skill but will not reported until you reach the next integer if it is set that way (that is the default if I  remember correctly)

Is "freemium" supposed to mean free, or premium?

I mean, I'm aware of what "freemium" generally means, but it doesn't apply here so I'm confused. Does the character have premium or not?

Had prem at least once, but not at this time, afaik

Correct, and skill updates are set to always on all of my characters.

The number in the skills window should always update anyway since we're talking skillgains of 0.07 to 0.10 per gain.

Here's the video that shows the problem.

it's not the client since after a restart the skill I "should" have gained does not appear, however I do start gaining skill normally again until a certain point.

Are you standing in one spot digging and dropping for a long period of time?

If you set your skill tracker up for digging and set to always show skill, do you see the same behavior?

Not sure about the skill tracker since the alt is now at 20 digging. I am indeed standing in once place digging and dropping. Is this an intended effect then to encourage players to move around?

If you stand in one spot and dig a material that will affect the terrain (such as sand) new players (maybe all players?) will get hit with anti-macro safeguards.

2 hours ago, Revelation said:

Not sure about the skill tracker since the alt is now at 20 digging. I am indeed standing in once place digging and dropping. Is this an intended effect then to encourage players to move around?

Yes, you will find that if you stand in one spot and dig and drop, after a while you will stop getting skill.  The same thing will happen if you try to skill up paving and just stand and cultivate and pave just one tile.