Sign in to follow this  
Hashirama

Merge the PvP servers in wurm

I do have a concern though that the epic model described of occasional wipes and bringing some kind of a reward back to a permanent server is basically the Crowfall business model, putting Wurm in direct competition with and up and coming PvP sandbox:

On 5/25/2016 at 6:35 AM, LorenaMontana said:

This suggestion again, -1

Would just be as good as resetting elevation, all joy and happiness for a month, but after a month most of the population leaves and we are left with even less people. 

You don't even pvp so I guess you wouldn't know what it takes to keep pvpers logging in. 

It's having plenty of opponents.

+1

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Omar said:

You don't even pvp so I guess you wouldn't know what it takes to keep pvpers logging in. 

It's having plenty of opponents.

+1

Oh yes sorry my bad

I have no clue what competitive gaming is and i have no experience in the mmo sandbox branche at all

A long time ago the Iron vein QL was capped at 50 for homeservers (freedom) and uncapped for wild (chaos) server. That forced players to do trips to wild to mine ore. Which provided the PVP peeps with a chance to hunt them. I know its drasticly but some sort of "special resource" (usefull) you can only get on chaos server would bring some thriill back to the game. 

27 minutes ago, Mirjam said:

A long time ago the Iron vein QL was capped at 50 for homeservers (freedom) and uncapped for wild (chaos) server. That forced players to do trips to wild to mine ore. Which provided the PVP peeps with a chance to hunt them. I know its drasticly but some sort of "special resource" (usefull) you can only get on chaos server would bring some thriill back to the game. 

Its been tried HOTA... Was the only way to get moonmetal for a long time and it became a monopoly for who had the larger kingdom at the time to rule over it. No one opposed it from the freesom side. 

Pvp will only attract pvpers... Pvers will not risk losing stuff and skill and affinity for some small reward. They can live without it. Now if ql was capped on freedom servers and not capped on chaos then perhaps thah may be a reason for freedomers to align themselves with chaos kingdoms and the potential for much trade to be had as well. 

The merger of epic into chaos could work if done correctly. The problem is to many whiners not seeing that there could be a much better picture and some outspoken people dont want to have any change whatsoever.

LOL make freedomers to come to chaos for ores? That would kill another chunk of dwindling customer base.

I think the sad reality is that Wurm has been doing a smart move in focusing on their primary customer base. That primary customer base is freedom. Given the population size of epic and chaos at this point it's fairly clear that doing things the jeopardize the success of freedom to appease people who want PvP is a really bad idea. Chaos is always going to have some players because of it's connection to freedom. Epic is dying. I would rather get my PvP fix somewhere else and enjoy freedom from time to time then see them devote much more time and effort into interesting PvPers in a game that is quickly loosing out to more appealing PvP titles. Maybe I'll even play chaos eventually when my freedom character is much stronger.

surely sooner or later the epic servers will have such a small player base that it doesn't make sense to keep the servers up from a financial position?

Bump.

literally last hope for wurm pvp 

• Like 1