Sign in to follow this  
Niki

Bring back silver mirrors

Ability to trade these was removed today, I never saw the harm in having them. It's also nice if you buy characters and want to change your look occasionally.

Bring them back, maybe put them on traders?

Thanks for your time. :)

• Like 12

+1 on traders or allow us to make them ingame ;)

• Like 3

-1 lets not encourage player trading any more.... people already complain about economy enough as it is...

• Like 1

Id pay silver to buy them from traders :)

+1

• Like 1

you can always create a new toon if you dont like the way your current one looks?

24 minutes ago, Evilreaper said:

you can always create a new toon if you dont like the way your current one looks?

Even if your current toon has mad skills and prem and a history? Most toons aren't that easily replaced.

I'm all for being able to change looks. What's the harm in it, really? If I'm paying for a toon, shouldn't I have the freedom to change the way it looks when I want to?

Needless to say, +1.

Edited by Chimerical
  • Like 4

+1, seeing this change in patch notes was quite surprising. Why???....

+1

The whole "non drop = non tradeable" is an unvalid argument anyways since we can still trade settlement forms.

I don't know right now we cant even place deeds, its like they don't WANT us to spend money on the game.

• Like 1

There's nothing bad in wanting a new haircut or a new makeup from time to time. Customizing our avatars is already very limited as it is, and I don't even started thinking about clothes!

Maybe getting a new mirror workaround wasn't exactly intended, but doesn't mean they cannot be brought back into the game in a way or another; maybe as an item sold on traders for a small fee (50c or such?) (instead of those 5 silver sleeping powders, for example >.>).

Or maybe we could have a sort of barber shop in starting towns (could be paired with a clothing store?) where, for a small fee, you can change your look (or colour of your default clothes; i know I hate those brown trousers I have to wear all the time)?

+1

• Like 2

+1  How about giving us a mirror as a premium award rather than a yellow potion?   That way I can grow a beard for my favorite Hockey events, then shave it off when the season is over.  :)

• Like 5

+1. See no reason at all to not have them on traders, it does seem odd.

Could even have two hand mirrors; one (much cheaper) would only let you change hair, whereas the other would let you go full plastic surgery on your char.

+1 for obvious reasons. Customization is usually a big thing in MMo and a way for devs to make some money, so, why not wurmonline as well.

Also +1 for the same gender change (and name change) possibilities you have everywhere else.

If anything, these appearance change Mirrors should only be sold in the Wurm Shop to generate some game income, not on Traders where the in-game silver accumulators pay nothing for them in terms of game income generation. Whenever these types of perks are "suggested" to be "sold on Traders" rather than purchased from the Wurm Shop for unavoidable payment in RL currencies, this is the reason why.

=Ayes=

• Like 1

Why not go the route of other mmos and have silver mirrors (as is) as a trader item and golden mirrors (more customisation options, gender/name change options etc) as a store item?

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Dorian said:

+1  How about giving us a mirror as a premium award rather than a yellow potion?   That way I can grow a beard for my favorite Hockey events, then shave it off when the season is over.  :)

There's an idea I support.

Keep it no-drop and no-trade though.

Big +1, make more options for players. Come on devs, think.

On 5/24/2016 at 6:37 PM, Evilreaper said:

-1 lets not encourage player trading any more.... people already complain about economy enough as it is...

Do  I detect sarcasm? :-P

I liked being able to get a mirror. It does absolutely nothing to change your advantage in the game. It doesn't hurt anything and it doesn't help anything. And depending on your deed location from spawn, it can be an epic quest to obtain one. 

Wts mirrors 

(Nothing in wurm is actually nontradeable)

Edited by Alexgopen
  • Like 3

Hi,

when the mirrors was introduced I stored mine on a mayor alt - together with all others that wanted to keep them for later, but not carry them around all the time. Now we have a mayor alt with lots of useless mirrors in the inventory. :(

Would it have been game-breaking to announce such a change a week before?

It's the sum of such small thoughtless nuisances, each neglectable seen alone, that slowly builds up unfriendly feelings toward the game. You know, "why pay for a game that angers me every other month" or so ...

Have fun!

Edited by Xandra
Typo
  • Like 1