Sign in to follow this  
Evilreaper

RIFTS ARE BROKEN

i have 7 alts, they all priests and premium O.O i love alts, but i keep them locked in caves/houses they dont need to roam let alone follow me like abused puppies causing lag for everyone else

Edited by Evilreaper

You can always to to a PvP server, Evlireaper. They don't have a wait timer. 

And the loot drops right into your pocket. No one is going to steal anything from you on PvE because even if you die, they can't loot your corpse.

1 minute ago, Ibexx said:

Most of dragon  is being killed of 15-30 players, special groups, great earning on it.

wurm is supposed to be a game.... yet nobody can enjoy it because so many use it to farm euros instead.... you guys are just taking rifts from teh avg player and turning them into yet another dragon type event with lagfest, and rare loot that only a few will get while the people who actually participate will get same loot as the 50million alts that showed up

50 million alts have to score points by doing combat to get loot. Did you read the way they work? WKM posted a detailed thread about them from test just a couple days ago, far too close ago to now for them to have drastically changed.

Just now, Audrel said:

And the loot drops right into your pocket. No one is going to steal anything from you on PvE because even if you die, they can't loot your corpse.

hard to get loot in your pockets when you get 1 hit and the other 70 people murder it

#FIGHT THE RNG

lets have small sacle frequent events (like rifts were originally intended when they were conceived) so people can have fun slaying with their group at their leisure

wurm only has huge scale social events, what is the point in adding rifts if they are going to be same-ol crap we already have...

1 minute ago, Audrel said:

50 million alts have to score points by doing combat to get loot. Did you read the way they work? WKM posted a detailed thread about them from test just a couple days ago, far too close ago to now for them to have drastically changed.

all my alts are 70 fs... would it upset you if i brought 8 toons? got 1 hit each then afked it

Who really cares people have alts?  I have quite a few myself and i rarely take more than one (a Fo priest to help heals) to dragon fights, which i only recent bothered going to.  I see what looks like someones 30 and who the f cares, what are they hurting with alts?

I agree the timer is way to long and yes it is absolutely going to suck as an elite group runs server to server clearing the rifts not like CC cares about that part anyway, they ignore the drama, or they would have fixed uniqes a long time ago.  Maybe after this first cycle it can become random and i will not have to be up at 4am (like this first one) and hope to get complete before i have to leave for work.  As far as the economy, there will be lots of overpriced should pads available anytime now as Chaos players clear the rifts and start selling the purely ornamental pieces of armor.

But saying alts this and alts that makes no sense, peopel are not going to bring alts unless they add bleachers or someone built a stadium around the rifts, which with three days is not impossible at all

Let it be said:

Rifts not being what you hoped for does not mean they are "broken," and, importantly, they are a new feature which needs to be tested in the live environment. Changes will be made to them, and if it is decided that we want more rifts, we may just get that. However, grandstanding and stamping your feet before the first rift has even opened is not the way to improve the rift system. If you want to be taken seriously, make constructive suggestions, not demands.

3 minutes ago, Evilreaper said:

all my alts are 70 fs... would it upset you if i brought 8 toons? got 1 hit each then afked it

No, because the amount of loot you earn is proportional to your contribution. 1 hit and afk won't get you much or anything.

5 minutes ago, Evilreaper said:

(like rifts were originally intended when they were conceived)

Also stop claiming the ethos of the developers. The rifts may not be what you thought they were going to be, but that doesn't mean that's what the developers (or anyone else) wants.

Edited by LaRue
  • Like 1

I think i understand your point of view Evil. Friend from up post good told

3 minutes ago, ClericGunem said:

I agree the timer is way to long and yes it is absolutely going to suck as an elite group runs server to server clearing the rifts not like CC cares about that part anyway, they ignore the drama, or they would have fixed uniqes a long time ago.  Maybe after this first cycle it can become random and i will not have to be up at 4am (like this first one) and hope to get complete before i have to leave for work.  As far as the economy, there will be lots of overpriced should pads available anytime now as Chaos players clear the rifts and start selling the purely ornamental pieces of armor.

8 minutes ago, LaRue said:

Let it be said:

Rifts not being what you hoped for does not mean they are "broken," and, importantly, they are a new feature which needs to be tested in the live environment. Changes will be made to them, and if it is decided that we want more rifts, we may just get that. However, grandstanding and stamping your feet before the first rift has even opened is not the way to improve the rift system. If you want to be taken seriously, make constructive suggestions, not demands.

No, because the amount of loot you earn is proportional to your contribution. 1 hit and afk won't get you much or anything.

Also stop claiming the ethos of the developers. The rifts may not be what you thought they were going to be, but that doesn't mean that's what the developers (or anyone else) wants.

they speak for themselves

no idea what happened between warlander's amazing badass rifts for everyone and the now "OUR SCREWED BY YET ANOTHER STUPID WORHTLESS PUBLIC EVENT"

Why is everyone so entitled, we got so much to do with this update, it was made for everyone to make all groups happy!

Not to mention we got cave dwellings we can live like dwarfs now!

I'm going to go hide in a mountain now this thread just makes me disappointed. There is to many things wrong with this thread to even start. :( 

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Audrel said:

It'd be nice to see Retro or Rofl or Warlander respond (or make a new post) about what rifts are and what they aren't. Leaving a thread like this to fester with misinfomation, speculation and rumor is worse than the design decisions themselves. We really have had no concrete information posted since Warlander posted his what-if idea.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Evilreaper said:

no idea what happened between warlander's amazing badass rifts for everyone and the now "OUR SCREWED BY YET ANOTHER STUPID WORHTLESS PUBLIC EVENT"

They're still for everyone, you turdburglar.

3 days waiting time is good, I can plan ahead and make time to spend an evening rifting, nobody can keep them hidden, and EVERYBODY is welcome to contribute and participate. If you can't get hits in then get better at the damn game.

According to WKM it's not hard to get a good participation rating.

24 minutes ago, Evilreaper said:

they speak for themselves

23 minutes ago, Evilreaper said:

Read Warlander's post again. At the time, it was just a concept, and nothing more - everything undergoes changes between concept and implementation, thanks to deeper thought, technical limitations, time restrictions, etc. Almost nothing in that post besides the basic premise of an invasion made it into the rifts we have now (instancing, villages, difficulties, etc.). All Warlander was doing was expressing an idea to the community to see if wanted something like that, and collecting ideas from the community. There is nothing in his post or in his replies that you can lean on by saying "they speak for themselves." In fact, he said some things quite the opposite of what you've expressed here:

On 1/20/2016 at 0:51 PM, Warlander said:

Largest rifts would be available for everyone on a server (on PvE only) - if it would be possible to finish it with less than 25 people, something is very wrong. Also, this should be community event.

Now, let me be clear:

I am not necessarily disagreeing with you. Maybe rifts should be more common. What I am saying is this: calm down. The rift system is not perfect, and it will be improved over time. Add constructive feedback and suggestions, and maybe you'll get what you want. In all probability, the devs did not get to implement everything they wanted to the rifts to be, and so additional features such as more common easy rifts might become a reality. Just please get a grip and wait more than 0 days before having conniptions.

Edited by LaRue
  • Like 1

absolutely no waiting, the longer you wait, the smaller the chance to get it fixed... everything we have is "hurry up and wait", and rifts was supposed to fix that and give wurmians something to do on a daily basis if they choose... but instead its nothing new, just yet another huge disappointment and large scale public event like all the others..... gather with all the people from everywhere and frantically run around trying to get kills before 200 others get them...... 

we've been waiting for something fast paced and since january this was supposed to be it... while they had the challenge server it was booming because it was fast paced and gave you something to do every day besides grind for months just to be mediocre and easily pushed aside by people with purchased accounts...

this could easily add fun for everyone and if they want a huge event, they can call all their buddies to rifts in remote areas that most dont want to travel too, or on smaller servers that dont have the manpower anymore to complete them

there is absolutely no reason we need just another huge public event in one location like all the others... there isnt even a point for having the beam now because of the 72 hour wait.... its pointless to rush over there because your just going to be waiting anyway

Edited by Evilreaper
  • Like 1

I kinda agree with Evil, I don't see the point of the 72 hour wait. 

if they absolutly must have a 72 hour wait, make it 72 hours after the rift closes until the next appears (and instantaneously opens), so that people still have 72 hours to prepare for the next one and maybe even have everything loaded up and ready to rumble maybe even in a boat strategically parked so you can move quickly to many areas

Edited by Evilreaper

18 minutes ago, Wargasm said:

I kinda agree with Evil, I don't see the point of the 72 hour wait. 

I assume they did this to allow more people to participate and foster the "community event" feel. On the PvE servers, community events like public unique hunts, impalongs, rite of spring, etc. are all planned ahead and posted in the forum so more people can attend. I guess they wanted to try putting that directly into the game by giving the rifts a beacon and a waiting time.

16 minutes ago, Evilreaper said:

if they absolutly must have a 72 hour wait, make it 72 hours after the rift closes until the next appears (and instantaneously opens), so that people still have 72 hours to prepare for the next one and maybe even have everything loaded up and ready to rumble maybe even in a boat strategically parked so you can move quickly to many areas

I'm not sure what this would accomplish other than screw over people who live in or near populated areas (since rifts won't spawn near deeds) or who have limited time for Wurm. The waiting time will let people move to the location ahead of time so they don't have to spend 5+ hours in a single sitting just to travel to and participate in the rift. 3 days might be a bit much if there's only one rift, but I think it's good to have a heads-up, and people won't feel cheated if the rifts don't spawn nearby.

Edited by LaRue

14 minutes ago, LaRue said:

I assume they did this to allow more people to participate and foster the "community event" feel. On the PvE servers, community events like public unique hunts, impalongs, rite of spring, etc. are all planned ahead and posted in the forum so more people can attend. I guess they wanted to try putting that directly into the game by giving the rifts a beacon and a waiting time.

everything in wurm is already like that, we have no spontaneous events that you can do at your leisure, rifts were originally just this, spontaneous events with high frequency and varying difficulty to add some spice to all the current boring community events.... this was supposed to be the one and only non-community event for people to just enjoy... with a high frequency so many people can enjoy if they choose

14 minutes ago, LaRue said:

I'm not sure what this would accomplish other than screw over people who live in or near populated areas (since rifts won't spawn near deeds) or who have limited time for Wurm. The waiting time will let people move to the location ahead of time so they don't have to spend 5+ hours in a single sitting just to travel to and participate in the rift. 3 days might be a bit much if there's only one rift, but I think it's good to have a heads-up, and people won't feel cheated if the rifts don't spawn nearby.

they still have all the current community events that cater to these issues, why should EVERY single event be like this? we all pushed hard for rifts because they were supposed to be something different and not just another community gaggle event...

19 minutes ago, Evilreaper said:

everything in wurm is already like that, we have no spontaneous events that you can do at your leisure, rifts were originally just this, spontaneous events with high frequency and varying difficulty to add some spice to all the current boring community events.... this was supposed to be the one and only non-community event for people to just enjoy... with a high frequency so many people can enjoy if they choose

If we assume that this was indeed the original intent, probably one of two things happened, either:

1. The idea was cut back due to technical or resource limitations. If this is the case, I suspect it would have to do with instancing. Recall in the concept post that Warlander imagined these rifts to be instanced, as having many small rifts open would cause too much strain on the server. They may have decided that such instancing would take too long to develop, thus we get fewer, larger rifts without instances. Or,

2. The idea is still being worked on. The rift system will likely be expanded over time, and the common smaller rifts might be a feature that they plan to implement later. Many large systems such as this one need to be built in steps, and that is probably the wise approach here, given the the amount of bugs new features in Wurm are prone to. This is where constructive feedback comes into play, as the developers can iterate and improve the rifts in a direction that the community wants based on their experience. Experience that we don't have currently, I feel I must add.

2 minutes ago, LaRue said:

1. The idea was cut back due to technical or resource limitations. If this is the case, I suspect it would have to do with instancing. Recall in the concept post that Warlander imagined these rifts to be instanced, as having many small rifts open would cause too much strain on the server. They may have decided that such instancing would take too long to develop, thus we get fewer, larger rifts without instances. Or,

To clarify: in-game rifts are not related or based on idea I posted few months ago. I wrote it from a player perspective as something that would be fun IF it was implemented, not from a game developer perspective (although I would happily pick up such project if I had an occasion). :)

Personally, I am not involved in rifts development in any way.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Warlander said:

To clarify: in-game rifts are not related or based on idea I posted few months ago. I wrote it from a player perspective as something that would be fun IF it was implemented, not from a game developer perspective (although I would happily pick up such project if I had an occasion). :)

Personally, I am not involved in rifts development in any way.

Thank you for clarifying that, i personally have been wondering how on earth it went from you pocket universes and multiple sizes to want was released this morning.