Hi,

some clarification of Port KinCan:

Port_Rift.jpg

and a few pics from the site:

RiftDet_1.jpg

RiftDet_2.jpg

Have fun!

Edited by Xandra

Will be interesting to see if any monsters or crystals/plants appear in the Kinoss Bay canal which appears to be under the rift.

Good Luck with the fight :)

• Like 1

Hi,

Just now, Explora said:

Will be interesting to see if any monsters or crystals/plants appear in the Kinoss Bay canal which appears to be under the rift.

That will be interesting to see! But I'm not sure the canal is close enough - hard to tell.

And the given location isn't as precise yet, working on making it more precise.

Have fun!

Been wondering what's the fighting skill requirements for these? Thank you for posting.:D

Can I give a suggestion without being yelled at and have trolls slam me?

I would say have people that are coming say that they are coming. If it an open event that is perfect but I personally won't be going to any that are open events as I don't feel assured that there will be enough people there to fight and close the rift. You can still keep it open and not have a skill requirment just require people to post that they are coming and have a list of everyone who has signed up. This is just to assure people that there will be enough people coming to the open invitation events and t assure people that the closing of the rift will not fail due to the lack of people there. 

Just a suggestion. If you want to say something constructive than please do. Otherwise, please refrain from derailing this perfectly honest thread and hurting someone feelings even more. And if you have something to say to me personally than PM me about it. If you don't have anything nice to say, than don't say anything at all.

Thank you!

Edited by Zachariah

8 hours ago, Zachariah said:

If it an open event that is perfect but I personally won't be going to any that are open events as I don't feel assured that there will be enough people there to fight and close the rift.

This rift is not far behind my deed. If Zachariah do not want join this "Open event", I do not mind it.

Usually my client has huge problems with a lot of players in local. It begun in time of last Impalong in Festival Cave and with "improving" of Wurm online it was worse and worse.

I'm testing new unstable client and I really hope this issue is solved now. What other reason of new client would be, if not solving this one ...

But, because I'm realist, I think, it will be never optimized. And this problem will be solved only in my dreams.

So, Zachariah, if there will be one less player, I will not cry.

Still, everyone is welcome in this open event. :)

More players means more bodies to loot later ... just joking :P

have a nice play

Zak

Edited by Zakerak

Thanks for the map segment, Now i can stop trying to describe where it is to people.

Hi,

10 hours ago, Zachariah said:

I would say have people that are coming say that they are coming. If it an open event that is perfect but I personally won't be going to any that are open events as I don't feel assured that there will be enough people there to fight and close the rift. You can still keep it open and not have a skill requirment just require people to post that they are coming and have a list of everyone who has signed up. This is just to assure people that there will be enough people coming to the open invitation events and t assure people that the closing of the rift will not fail due to the lack of people there.

Thanks for the suggestion!

But I see it in another way:

• This is in no way "made" or "organized" by me or us (Halcyon Alliance & The KinCans, from now on: "I" for shortness).
    It's the result of a GM or RNG decision, kind of a "world event".
  • It's not to me to make lists, set rules or requirements, shortly: to tell people what to do!
    It's not my event, it's Independents event!
  • Since I want to participate, too, & to have as much fun as possible, I do what I can to ensure this:
    Telling you all about & urging you to come, trying to set up the place, helping as my possibilities allow.

You see, I do in the good old egoistic PvE way: I want to have fun, so I work a bit for it!

Anything else is left to the community - I want all of you to come, I want to see hordes of brave Freedomers whack on hopelessly overpowered mobs, I want to have fun with other happy people!

And I'm looking forward to grab a point or three in Channeling, casting my healing spells on whatever doesn't run from me fast enough!

It's not for loot, it's not for power & glory, it's not for domination nor destruction:

This is Freedom, it's for the fun, the excitement & for entertainment!

Hope to see you all soon, have a good time!

PS, fun fact:

This is the first Rift on Independence, and it's actually a few steps besides our deeds.
Ages ago the Avatars of Gods got implemented, and where did the first one on Independence spawn? In my garden!

• Like 1

I'll be heading over there tonight with my main and my Fo priest, since it seems this will be opening around 7 am EST. I'm wondering if I can ally with someones deed in order to get a bed and have a respawn, if not I guess a tent will do. Kinda hate the tent thing with multiple toons though.

I think, in Port Kincan is pub with some beds. I'm not sure how it has currently set access. Xandra for sure will have more details or will be able to set it.

In Zak's shipyard I have Public Workshop with 5 rooms, 2 beds per room, with some enchanted grass for horses.

If you will visit me, I can set it accesible for you or/and others ...

I should be online in 3 hours from now, perhaps for another 5-6 hours.

Edit: these deeds are on opposite sides of Kinoss Bay Canal

Edited by Zakerak

deleted

Edited by Zorky

Good on you for sticking to your plans and keeping this as an open event rather than an "invitation". This seems much more fun without having sign ups or any such farce.  I'd love to join, but I'll most likely be at work (hopefully the next Rift is American friendly lol)

• Like 1

The plan is not to close the rift to fast .

Your main loot is from killing the mobs, (shoulders and jewelry )

Closing the rift gives you a chance at some ore , seryll and such , weight of 0.25

So best bet is keep it going as long as you can , summoners are the ones that spawn more mobs , mages are a royal pain and best dealt with fast.

• Like 1

Hi,

So you mean:

• Don't sacrifice hearts until there's no more mobs
  • Concentrate on Mages (as long as there are any) & ignore Summoners
  • When all mobs are cleared, eat Dinner, repair your stuff, then sacrifice hearts, next round?

I'm still not sure about the location of the Fo altar - atm it's on the first tile outside the Rift area. I'll have another one prepared should we need it, maybe a few tiles further away?

Light of Fo still only heal Allys in a 3x3? What a shame, for 60 favor that makes it close to useless :/
(haven't casted it since ages ...)

Would it make sense to drag the mobs to the edge of the area & kill them there?

Would archery be useful?

Questions over questions ...

Have fun!

There was a couple of players using archery , they said it worked.

Magic works also such as smite.

The mobs will only follow you so far .

It takes you sacing hearts to get to next wave ,after wave 3 thats it , no more mobs to kill.

So if you can try to keep mobs spawning , the summoners do that so try not to kill them off to fast.

The ogre mages are meen casters and can hurt if not careful. 

And yes drag them away from centre or you will get ganged big time , on test we  tryed to lure  a few away from rest of the pack.

Would be sad to take all that time to get there and prepare and have someone close it in a few minutes just for a chance of a peice of seryll or other chaos ore.

Your main loot like i said is from the wave mobs.

Rumors now say that once you kill a certain amount of mobs the wave will end.

rift completed a lot of us with high scores didn't get anything only got a .25kg seryll lump when rift closed, while a select few got multiple items. Not really sure if rift scores mean anything.

Vw6wtLU.jpg

Edited by Niki

These, who prepared area did not have even chance to participate. 3 days countdown is worse than none countdown, while we can't check when exactly it will finish ...

Well, not that I'm surprised. Just another Wurm feature, which is not coherent with common PvE live style in mind.

Maybe Cave Dwellings is better prepared to be usefull.

• Like 1

Meh, another chance for a community event goes to waste.

As one of many who intended to turn up closer to the end of the timer, got to say I'm disappointed.

i also note the lack of any "omg the rift opened, get here now!" posts on this thread,

And the lack of any people saying thanks to the kincans for their efforts to make this a community event.

Independence u suck.

yup another fail for the dev team, poor execution every time something new is implemented. I doubt I'll ever go to a rift unless it's next to my deed.

Thanks for the effort though in trying to make this a nice event Xandra and her Alliance. Did all the work and didn't get to even see it.  

• Like 1

Yeah i slept through it. I can't say im surprised that it happened like this though.

Not cool Wurm devs..not cool, i really was looking forward to joining this event, even canceled a few real life plans. Just to wake up 3 hours earlier in the middle of the night to check in and find out it was already over.