Sign in to follow this  
Shannara360

[4.00 FIXED] - Enter Becoming Unbound

Not sure if this goes here, but whatever.

When I press the enter key it is supposed to open up the ability to type into the chat bar. It doesn't do this ever since the 4.00 update. Both Unstable and Stable are broken in this regard.

It appears that in the new client T is bound to do what the enter did before.  You can use the console and a keybind to get the enter key to work again.

Open your console and type the following in there:

bind Enter TOGGLE_CHAT

• Like 1

Not everyone seems to be missing the Enter for Toggle_chat, so I'm trying to track down how it's happening for a few.

Did you both play on the test server in the past few weeks?

Are you using the default config or special configs where enter was missing?

I lost enter to chat and had to rebind.  I did play test extensively for rifts.  Also, old binds get bumped to ALL CAPS, which makes calling guards bindings break  "say guards!" is now "SAY GUARDS!"

I did not play on test at all nor have I messed with configs much. It was working literally minutes before the server went down to apply the update and then suddenly wasn't when it came back up for both stable/unstable on my Desktop and laptop. The Enter keybinding did help, though.

• Like 1

Weird thing is I was able to play on Unstable Client 4.0 and the enter key was fine for a day.  I restarted the client a few times and no issue.  Then the next day (Wednesday) my enter key wouldn't work for chat and had to rebind.

I've also checked my keybinds file and it has all my keybinds from previous client, but when I go to keybinds in the settings it looks like I have no keybinds at all even though the files has them.

@Alectrys

I had this issue as well (rebinding it via the console fixed it, oddly enough it wouldn't save when I tried to rebind it via the settings keybind options in unstable). I also noticed that all of my keybinds that weren't on a letter specifically (or a letter + modifier) seemed to be cleared. So A-Z were all fine (including any modifiers I might have used), but 1-0 (my toolbelt) were all cleared, as were numpad keys and odd characters like grave (`). 

It's probably been over a year since I was on the test client, pretty sure I don't even have it downloaded anymore. I've used solely the unstable client until 4.0, at which point I had to swap to stable due to fps issues. When my keybindings reset, I had nothing but the unstable client downloaded, so it seems to be something with swapping over to the new client version. I'm using a custom config; I didn't / haven't tested it with the default config. 

Edited by Mayrin
  • Like 1

Thanks, this issue should be fixed in the next build.

• Like 1

On 31-5-2016 at 10:52 AM, Budda said:

Thanks, this issue should be fixed in the next build.

Today I logged in to a completely blank keybindings window - not a single one left. (Had the letters ok, numbers gone before - but now not a single keybind left). If the fix caused having to redo all keybinds, maybe a warning could be put on launcher or something? (Almost got me killed when something started fighting me, wasn't ready for this surprise ;) )

Edited by Kianga

1 hour ago, Kianga said:

Today I logged in to a completely blank keybindings window - not a single one left. (Had the letters ok, numbers gone before - but now not a single keybind left). If the fix caused having to redo all keybinds, maybe a warning could be put on launcher or something? (Almost got me killed when something started fighting me, wasn't ready for this surprise ;) )

Keybinds haven't been deleted, so this has to be a different issue.  When you log in, be sure the config you use for that particular character is the one listed in settings.  You can check your wurm folders under each character to verify that your keybinds are all there - there has been some unexplained issues - but it helps to verify that the config you use for that character is correctly displayed when you log in.

Check in your player folders and take a look at your keybind text files to be sure they look OK and when logging in be sure your config is the one you want.

It may be a good idea to save a copy of your keybind text files somewhere else until the clients are in sync again.  I know mine are a nightmare from testing with 4 clients and I wish I had done the same ;)

My keybindings are in my configs, so if two characters use the same config (all 3 I played today did) then their keybindings are equal also. And I luckily did have a seldom-used other config with the keybindings-file in it still being intact, so I only had to copy that for the first character of the three. It did stay complete after that while logging off and then logging into a different character - so looks like just one 'cleaning away' by the update perhaps. I have one small doubt though... I logged in with the wrong character (same config, the one altered)  at the start of playing, and hit the X to abandon the logging in as soon as I noticed - so it went down as I was on the log-in screen maybe 3-5 seconds on the way in. Is it possible this could have caused the keybindingsfile inside the config to go blank??

Edited by Kianga