Sign in to follow this  
whykillme

Rifts - Who? What? Where? - Part Two

Hello Everyone,

Time for a part two! 

Rifts have now been released and everyone can see the beautiful Red Beams in the sky! 

Now there is a small catch, (FOR PVE) The rifts activates ROUGHLY 3 days after the "Red beam" can be see in the sky.

This means, as all rifts are activated at the same time on all servers, all rifts will activate around 1pm on Friday. (Time of this post), or see the twitter events.

auction_timer_E1464346671.gif

This is to give everyone on a PVE server a chance to get there and do the event instead of it being killed on spawn, which i kinda like as a feature.

Invasions will be marked with a red light shining into the sky, they will appear 3 days prior to an invasion on PvE servers, and 1 hour prior to the invasion on PvP servers.

time will tell what happens to rifts, if it has 100 people everytime and its a faceroll or if it'll be better in a months time. As all servers are split up i don't expect every server to have 100 people there.

• Like 3

The three day delay sounds like a good move, but can there be more than one active rift at a time on a server? If so then I'd imagine that it will be confusing without a live map of all the rifts containing the  location and data on when they appeared. After all in a few weeks from now, how would you know when each rift is going to activate if there are multiple red lights visible on a server? Especially on a server as big as Indy or Xanadu?

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, whykillme said:

Invasions will be marked with a red light shining into the sky, they will appear 3 days prior to an invasion on PvE servers, and 1 hour prior to the invasion on PvP servers.

Well this is pretty good news since it will mark areas to avoid, or if too close to ones deed on free land at least be very aware of the danger to a more peaceful and tranquil previous existence. From the pic's I saw they seem to devastate the vegetation and pack the landscape, so this red beam will mark the site of future damage to be repaired to return the cared for lands to their more beautiful previous state. Not that I expect the beast killers to care about this of course.

Also good for the participants since they can plan a head a bit to gather there and rid the lands of these pests, hopefully quickly within at least a days time.

=Ayes=

• Like 1

The three day wait is.. erm.. interesting.

Just imagine an advertising campaign.. there is a counter clicking towards day X, every bit of information, which is given out by company points to that day X, where you will be able to use the new product. The tension grows, people are at your "doorstep" waving dollars towards you, all waiting for the curtains to open and get their hands on the product.. Finally! The day is there, curtains slowly fall, everyone is almost ready to burst from excitement and... there is red light and a sign behind the curtains.. wait 3 more days! :D

Yep, thats how Rifts came to Wurm. :D

• Like 6

Pvp wise... active RIGHT NOW!!!

Granted the gear bonuses aren't active on pvp servers, so probably the devs doing an easing in on live testing.

Several hearts and some nice loot already taken by Chaos MR who happened to be nearby when the rift opened.

Unfortunately it opened too far for me to go play personally, and get enough sleep before work Tues... work weeks that are 48hrs minimum (along with day-to-day possibility of more hours) are killer.

The overtime is nice; though, doesn't leave a lot of room for just vegging out.

Edited by Klaa

2 hours ago, Klaa said:

Pvp wise... active RIGHT NOW!!!

Granted the gear bonuses aren't active on pvp servers, so probably the devs doing an easing in on live testing.

Several hearts and some nice loot already taken by Chaos MR who happened to be nearby when the rift opened.

Unfortunately it opened too far for me to go play personally, and get enough sleep before work Tues... work weeks that are 48hrs minimum (along with day-to-day possibility of more hours) are killer.

The overtime is nice; though, doesn't leave a lot of room for just vegging out.

Eh? Like a 15 minute ride on a HH =p

Dead rift is the best rift. Only weird thing when it is up the hill.. not so fun that way.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, JakeRivers said:

Eh? Like a 15 minute ride on a HH =p

Exactly, it was too long.

Those Jackal peeps don't look very friendly:

wurm_aliens.png

Edited by syncaidius
  • Like 11

9 hours ago, syncaidius said:

Those Jackal peeps don't look very friendly:

Spoiler

wurm_aliens.png

PhyyOcj.png

• Like 6

I knew it! They are here to claim our mountain climbing cows for evil doings!

• Like 1

so mechanics wise do we know how long it is between close and the red light starts? IE has chaos had their 2nd spawn yet?

Well, ours closed after just one wave.

Is that usual?

Are there pills for that?

Rift loot still seems broken, we just completed the indy rift and a lot of us with high scores didn't get anything. Personally I only got a .25kg seryll lump when rift closed. While a select few got multiple items. Not really sure if rift scores mean anything, I was hoping it would be a bit more generous.

scores: http://i.imgur.com/Vw6wtLU.jpg

With 8 hours and 8 minutes left on the timer until it starts, the rift on Release has already been closed. It would have been nice to know that 72 hours in Wurm = 48 real hours. I would be nice to get some actually VALID information on events.

• Like 6

The start timing was off by a bit due to a bug and the restart the other day, the rifts closing early was also a bug.

We'll have some more information soon.

• Like 12

On 5/25/2016 at 3:22 PM, zigozag said:

PhyyOcj.png

We're not the Grox?