Sign in to follow this  
DevBlog

Patch Notes 24/MAY16 Jackal Rising

10 hours ago, hemrzz said:

[23:03:18] Your latest participation was phenomenal!

there was a couple of shoulder drops.

Just seen disabled "for now"  my bad

This was on elevation

Yeah, and only disabled on PvP for now. The affects are still there, they work on non-PvP servers (though I think you play Epic, so I suppose that's no consolation at the moment, sorry :|) But yeah, they will work once we have a moment to review their effects in PvP more.

We wanted to get the feature itself launched, and then pay closer attention to how these rewards will interact with PvP. It was quite a large push to get it all done in one go and we're making a huge effort to be delicate when it comes to our PvP players and what our changes may do to that environment. :)

• Like 1

So did someone confuse the rift code for the monsters with regular trolls? 

They seem way more tankier now.

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, JakeRivers said:

Nope. Same old trolls.

49 minutes ago, Keenan said:

Nope. Same old trolls.

They sure don't seem that way, go kill some around shiny and see what I mean. =p

• Like 1

when are we going to see the major update for wurm unlimited, the update was released 2 days ago, and there has been no news whatsoever on the steam pages, or have you abandoned us?

Updates come to Wurm Unlimited a little later, and will most likely come in the form of a beta update first

7 hours ago, JakeRivers said:

what i noticed aswell trolls seem to attack 2x faster then they used to

10 hours ago, Keenan said:

Nope. Same old trolls.

More people are reporting harder critters in CA chat on Xanadu, and I have seen more injuries from troll fights as well, odd.

yep trolls and bears did get some change as i noticed so far doing alot of testing, i never had troll hit me in same second i engage him, trolls attack every 2 seconds now where it used to be 6-8  acording to my combat logs from previous months

[11:32:00] An old troll moves in to attack you.

[11:32:00] An old troll mauls you extremely hard in the chest and harms it.

and it is happening every time with both trolls and bears

• Like 1

[00:56:31] A venerable brown bear moves in to attack you.

[00:56:32] A venerable brown bear tries to bite you but you raise your shield and parry.

[00:56:32] A venerable brown bear tries to bite you but you raise your shield and parry.

[00:56:32] You easily parry with your maul.

[00:56:34] A venerable brown bear strikes you very hard in the right underarm and hurts it.

[00:56:36] A venerable brown bear strikes you very hard in the left thigh and irritates it.

[00:56:41] A venerable brown bear strikes you very hard in the stomach and hurts it.

[00:56:43] A venerable brown bear bites you very hard in the left thigh and irritates it.

[00:56:47] A venerable brown bear strikes you very hard in the chest and hurts it.

[00:56:50] A venerable brown bear tries to bite you but you raise your shield and parry.

[00:56:52] A venerable brown bear tries to strike you but you raise your shield and parry.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Keenan said:

Nope. Same old trolls.

16 hours ago, JakeRivers said:

They sure don't seem that way, go kill some around shiny and see what I mean. =p

Yeah, trolls got a bit of beef it seems. It's been a long time since I hovered over the run button while engaging a troll and I found myself doing it. Greenish scorpion gave me the red mist but I am not sure I ever fought one before. They might just have extra beef over a plain scorpion that I have never experienced.

EDIT: I wear studded so am used to getting thumped hard here and there. It's usually balanced out by a nice LT. This just feels different.

Edited by Audrel

I've noticed a difference, as well.  Yesterday I had to run off from a troll to heal for the first time in almost a year, then go back to finish killing it.  I thought it was odd and was wondering about it but chalked it up as a fluke.  Since others are experiencing similar, I'd say something must have changed.  (will have to go look at the log now to see if anything is apparent)

Trolls were already doing more damage to gear than they're worth anyway.  If they've been beefed up, that would just add insult to injury in my book.

Sign in to follow this