Sign in to follow this  
DevBlog

Patch Notes 24/MAY16 Jackal Rising

• Rifts
    • Invasions from the moon Jackal! Team up, kill creatures and sacrifice their hearts to bring the next wave.
    • Rifts will spawn randomly over the server, away from deeds.
    • Source can also be sacrificed to open the rift if hearts are not available.
    • They will spawn on all servers.
    • Collect loot dropped by Rift creatures, with shoulder pads, rings, bracelets providing over two dozen different bonuses!
    • Bonuses from Rift equipment will be disabled on PvP servers (for now).
    • Invasions will be marked with a red light shining into the sky, they will appear 3 days prior to an invasion on PvE servers, and 1 hour prior to the invasion on PvP servers.
  • Cave dwellings!
    • Currently PvE only, they will come to PvP when adequate countermeasures are introduced.
    • They require reinforced flat floors.
    • Can be built up to 8 stories.
    • Plain stone building types only.
    • Can be built against walls on deed only.
    • Take fast decay when off deed
  • Source Crystals can now be mined from any tile type.
  • Silver Mirrors can no longer be traded in containers.
  • Bugfix - Fixed a few grammatical and text errors.
  • Bugfix - Destroying altars now checks the 'destroy items' permission for allies and non-citizens
  • Bugfix - Scythes no longer take damage when harvesting non grain fields.
  • Bugfix - Movement speed on bridges corrected.
  • Bugfix - Attaching a lock to a group of items now only locks the first unlocked item.
  • Bugfix - Fences in arched walls have improved permission checks for destroying.
  • Bugfix - Unlocked and unmoored boats on PvP servers can now be dragged by anyone with the appropriate strength.
  • Bugfix - Keyholders can now take items from locked containers even if they lack permissions.
  • Bugfix - Corrected an issue which allowed some priests to pray at any altar.

• Like 6

So I guess that makes rifts come out on the 27 then, not 24...... :( Thanks.

And so a rift can spaw every 2 or 4h in pvp servers, but only from 3 in 3 days in pve... Right...

I thought this was really to spice thing up in pve...

Edited by Tuga
  • Like 3

Cave dwellings, awesome, rift, doesnt bother me at all, as im a creative wurmian, hope this arrives on steam promptly, looking forward to cave dwelllings lol

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Tuga said:

So I guess that makes rifts come out on the 27 then, not 24...... :( Thanks.

And so a rift can spaw every 2 or 4h in pvp servers, but only from 3 in 3 days in pve... Right...

I thought this was really to spice thing up in pve...

First i would like to ask where you see that information about spawn timers? 

And 2nd i would like to ask why is it so bad that there is possibly a higher spawn chance on a PVP server vs a PVE server?  In my opinion the Rift system by itself already does a lot to spice things up, regardless if PVP may get a few extra spawns... Lets keep in mind PVP players risk everything on a daily basis. Some of you may not care because pvp is not your thing but we have what could potentially be a fun system being implemented and the first negativity already is that PVP has a potential to spawn a few more of these rifts. 

Changes will be made in this game and every game othrr then wurm. Not all the changes are always 100% fair but perhaps may be necessary. Lets me glad for once that a system of this nature has come out and i must say in a pretty impressive timeframe.

I have yet to try a Rift but good job to The Wurm team for at the very least adding some spice into wurm.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, DevBlog said:
  • Cave dwellings!
    • Currently PvE only, they will come to PvP when adequate countermeasures are introduced.

THANK YOU!

This is what I'd like to see more of. However, I really wish this same logic had been applied to seryll drops from rifts. Even introducing something slowly and / or with low chance drop from an RNG roll still creates an accumulation issue if an appropriate system to remove these items from the world does not exist (see: rares, moon metal, drake / scale, just to name a few).

I was trying to login after the update, and "I found a bug" window popped up. I have is minimized, but I cannot copy the contents to paste it on the forums as the "I found a bug" window asked me to.... WHAT? (waiting for any response...)

Invasions will be marked with a red light shining into the sky, they will appear 3 days prior to an invasion on PvE servers, and 1 hour prior to the invasion on PvP servers.

3 days... seriously ?! 1 day was fine enough, it's not like there is a huge beacon in the sky telling everyone the location.

• Like 1

ok, let's clear this up:  Will Chaos get more rifts spawning than PvE servers, or is it just a much shorter beacon notification before the rift appears?  Has their rift already populated?  Have they had a beacon yet?  I think maybe it will be the same rift spawn rates and just very short notice for PvP servers?

• Like 1

• Invasions will be marked with a red light shining into the sky, they will appear 3 days prior to an invasion on PvE servers, and 1 hour prior to the invasion on PvP servers.

how common will these invasions be? once a month like uniques or something like once a week?

also what's the point in doing rifts on elevation and risk pvp when you can do them on your home server and risk nothing?

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, Wurmhole said:

ok, let's clear this up:  Will Chaos get more rifts spawning than PvE servers, or is it just a much shorter beacon notification before the rift appears?  Has their rift already populated?  Have they had a beacon yet?  I think maybe it will be the same rift spawn rates and just very short notice for PvP servers?

Already spawned and closed on Chaos

10 minutes ago, Xalorum said:

Already spawned and closed on Chaos

is there a new beacon on Chaos yet?

5 hours ago, DevBlog said:

I sure hope that means they can now be traded outside containers!

Like, why would a sandbox game be against customization, right?

• Like 9

why did you change mirrors? now i can't change my hair :(

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Niki said:

why did you change mirrors? now i can't change my hair :(

My guess is that they will be for sale soon when they start adding in new stuff to the traders but just speculation on my part. 

• Like 2

I guess I'll be the first... darn the bridge speed fix!  I literally just finished a 1 month project of tearing out an old slow road, surface mining a notch for a bridge and building the bridge, all for faster travel up the mountain.  I know, I know... the speed was always a bug, but one can always hope that it lasts as long as many other bugs and we can count on it being around for a few years.  I just embarked on my boat and froze solid.  Been getting that one since I started playing wurm.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kegan said:

My guess is that they will be for sale soon when they start adding in new stuff to the traders but just speculation on my part. 

I hope so! More extensive customization would be awesome as well.

10 hours ago, DevBlog said:

Relevant discussion from IRC:

January 17, 2016

4:09 PM <Meldichoir> An unused Settlement Form is said to be no-drop. Can it be traded in a pottery bowl like a hand mirror?
4:10 PM <Mrgary> can trade straight up
4:10 PM <Keenan> Yeah, and that bug should have been fixed I believe.
4:10 PM <asdf> which one?
4:11 PM <Keenan> If you ever have to do something special to accomplish an action, common sense should reason that you're likely encountering unintentional behavior and may want to stop and report it....
4:11 PM <asdf> you mean trading in a container
4:11 PM <Keenan> With a no-drop item in it, yes
4:11 PM <asdf> that is fixed, so we can now trade hand mirrors outside of containers
4:11 PM <Mrgary> it was reported
4:11 PM <Meldichoir> Thank you.
4:11 PM <Keenan> hand mirrors are not supposed to be traded :)
4:11 PM <asdf> now that's a bug
4:12 PM <Mrgary> cant see why it shouldnt be
4:12 PM <Keenan> I can tell you the intentional design was they not be traded. Why that is, I cannot tell you.

so what's the reason for not trading hand mirrors?

also...

why?

[Dwellings] Take fast decay when off deed

This shouldn't be a thing IMO. It's unrealistic for the stone structures underground to decay faster than the tunnel itself. If it is built protected from most natural weathering processes (underground) perhaps the natural decay should be dependent on tile collapse instead of a fixed decay rate. It's rock attached to rock, underground.

What about an accumulation of cave dwellings in the offdeed areas when people go inactive? We already have the natural accumulation of old mine systems and this would be no different, if decay was tied to collapsing instead. If a tile collapses from natural RNG the cave dwelling on that tile should get deleted. You would however have to account for people strongwalling - would you want to be able to destroy dwellings easily by collapsing the tile instead of bashing? Perhaps strong wall actions should be disabled on dwelling tiles to prevent that situation (maybe its already that way).

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Meldichoir said:

Relevant discussion from IRC:

pretty stupid reasoning tbh

you shouldn't change something just because it doesn't work as intended, not everything has a negative effect when not working as intended, infact, many design choices for popular games and whatnot have been because something didn't work as intended, either ending up with something that worked better or was more appealing to the general audience

having a "it isnt working as intended, it needs fixed" as your go-to design philosophy is a pretty narrow way of thinking, the mirrors caused no damage, and if anything they should've been made easier to acquire IE buying or just trading, completely removing ones ability to regain a mirror is pretty stupid tbh without an alternative measure

• Like 1

lol theres still a way to trade hand mirrors/other non tradeables (including deeds) even to enemy kingdom players

i've reported it before but nothing ever came of it

Edited by Alexgopen

20 hours ago, DevBlog said:
  •  
  • Cave dwellings!
    • They require reinforced flat floors.
    • Can be built up to 8 stories.
    • Plain stone building types only.
    • Can be built against walls on deed only.

How long until this comes to Unlimited?

• Like 1

Rift was fun,

Spent 5 hours closing it with 4 others and got a nice 1kg rare iron lump 99 ql

got to sack that to get 100% food and nutrition 

10 / 10 will avoid doing that again

• Like 1

2 hours ago, hemrzz said:

Rift was fun,

Spent 5 hours closing it with 4 others and got a nice 1kg rare iron lump 99 ql

got to sack that to get 100% food and nutrition 

10 / 10 will avoid doing that again

No body drops?

What server was this on?

If I had to guess, it sounds like your participation was rock-bottom, which can happen if you don't sacrifice hearts and try to kill the creatures by using the safety of the rift zone's edge.

1 hour ago, Keenan said:

No body drops?

What server was this on?

If I had to guess, it sounds like your participation was rock-bottom, which can happen if you don't sacrifice hearts and try to kill the creatures by using the safety of the rift zone's edge.

[23:03:18] Your latest participation was phenomenal!

there was a couple of shoulder drops.

Just seen disabled "for now"  my bad

This was on elevation

Edited by hemrzz

Sign in to follow this